The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #701
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
Maybe I missed a article or something...is there a possibility of Adam sander being in this? Lol
Save yourself the pain, you don't want to know the answer to that question.

But yes both sandler and Jim carrey were rumored to be getting looked at for comedy roles.

Last edited by DOOZlovesBOOZ; 02-05-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #702
Matt Mortem
Perpetual Screwup

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Maybe I missed a article or something...is there a possibility of Adam sander being in this? Lol
Wander back a few pages. It's worth a laugh or two

Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #703
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Drax will be 100 percent CGI so...yeah...there's that...
Nope, make up.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #704
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
There was news that he and Jim Carey were being considered for Rocket Raccoon

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #705
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Jim carrey I wouldn't mind...as for sander, yeah no.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #706
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Not a bad choice, looks wise. Never seen him in anything though. How is he?

Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #707
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
Save yourself the pain, you don't want to know the answer to that question.

But yes both sandler and Jim carrey were rumored to be getting looked at for comedy roles.
But there was that one guy who insisted that Jim Carrey is being courted to play Thanos. Because a universe-destroying tyrant with a humorous twinkle in his eye is just what the movie needs.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #708
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
But there was that one guy who insisted that Jim Carrey is being courted to play Thanos. Because a universe-destroying tyrant with a humorous twinkle in his eye is just what the movie needs.
I simply stated that the gifted, award winning actor would be a good fit for the role. Carrey comes off as completely out of his mind (the role is for the MAD Titan) and I find him to be terrifying in everything he does (especially the Cable Guy).

Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #709
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Lol! Jim carrey for thanos. I'm sold

Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #710
Figs
Side-Kick

Not this again!

Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #711
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Yeah, seriously, we've just gotten our first piece of official casting and we've ALREADY circled back to this?! Come on, now...

Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #712
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
There was news that he and Jim Carey were being considered for Rocket Raccoon
They never specifically mentioned Rocket.

I'm glad this movie finally has some casting news, hopefully we get some news on the other members shortly.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #713
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Yeah, seriously, we've just gotten our first piece of official casting and we've ALREADY circled back to this?! Come on, now...
I was provoked!

But regarding actual casting news - Chris Pratt is a fantastic hire. Pratt rivals RDJ in quick wittedness and general likability. Since Marvel appears to be using the "new guy joins the team" approach previously used in X-Men, Pratt will likely have Jackman levels of screen time. This could be a comparable "star-making" role.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #714
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
They never specifically mentioned Rocket.

I'm glad this movie finally has some casting news, hopefully we get some news on the other members shortly.
Process of elimination, and all that jazz...

Despite the one-man-crusade for Carrey as Thanos, this simply is not going to happen.

We can safely eliminate Gamora and Drax.

I doubt Carrey would come on board to repeat 'I am Groot' over and over, albeit in multiple and varied tones and cadences.

We're pretty much left with Rocket, you know, the alleged comic relief.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #715
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Process of elimination, and all that jazz...

Despite the one-man-crusade for Carrey as Thanos, this simply is not going to happen.

We can safely eliminate Gamora and Drax.

I doubt Carrey would come on board to repeat 'I am Groot' over and over, albeit in multiple and varied tones and cadences.

We're pretty much left with Rocket, you know, the alleged comic relief.
LMAO dying

Old 02-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #716
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Carrey would be scarrey as Thanos. He could definitely carrey the role.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #717
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I don't know a ton about the character, but has anyone suggested Jon Bernthal for Drax?

Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #718
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Ooooh. I haven't heard that suggestion before.

I think I'm in love with that idea now.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #719
CaptainAwesome
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I don't know a ton about the character, but has anyone suggested Jon Bernthal for Drax?
I really like that idea...

Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #720
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Bernthal is only 5'10". Chris Pratt is 6'2". I'm not usually concerned with actors' height, but in this case it would be weird to have a bruiser like Drax four inches shorter than Star Lord. Someone Dwayne Johnson's size or larger would be a better fit. (Please please please sign The Rock, Marvel!)

Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #721
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bernthal is only 5'10". Chris Pratt is 6'2". I'm not usually concerned with actors' height, but in this case it would be weird to have a bruiser like Drax four inches shorter than Star Lord. Someone Dwayne Johnson's size or larger would be a better fit. (Please please please sign The Rock, Marvel!)
FWIW, Tom Hardy is a few inches shorter than Christian Bale (and even shorter than Batman--with the ears). Of course, there are some who did think Bane was too short...

Old 02-06-2013, 01:41 AM   #722
Matt Mortem
Perpetual Screwup

With some camera trickery they could make Bernthal work. Give him some big boots and you got an inch or two there.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #723
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Like I said Just cast an Unknown like with dwayne johnson's qualities. BC Batista & Momoa suck, I love the Idea of Terry Crews, but I'll keep seeing him as comedy, even in the Expendables

Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #724
OB12
Side-Kick

We are not getting The Rock for this movie, he has headlining ability and Drax is not the lead in this film, a major supporting character but not the lead. If Marvel signs The Rock for something then it will most likely be in a title role. I still personally like Kevin Grevioux for Drax as he has the right combination of menace, size, and familiarity with genre films. Then cast a more known actress for Gamora, like Mila Kunis and Jim Carrey for Rocket and you've got the makings of a very nice cast.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #725
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Height's not a problem. Camera angles, platform shoes, a box to stand on can make Shane --- I mean, Bernthal --- look significantly taller than Pratt. Hollywood's been doing that illusion since the silent film era.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread