The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #201
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

Is that Rogue? It looks more like Squirrel Girl.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #202
X4ever
Newbie First Class

Doesn't this pose and hairstyle look Rogue-like?

Old 02-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #203
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
People act like they are such purists when it comes to the comics, Rogue being included in that. So how can it be that they demand Rogue be the Rogue they remember/like (which by the way, isn't the only way she's been since her inception) and then are so whole heartedly for skipping around Ms. Marvel.

"She was a crappy character because she didn't say 'sugah' and chuck something over her head."

I'm all for Rogue displaying a wider range of abilities in the films and I'd love to see her flying and punching through walls. But that's not the sum of her character and I believe that X1 and X2 portrayed her beautifully and naturally and set her up for something great. So let's get her flying, let's get her tearing the head off of a sentinel, but let's not pretend that that'll be the moment the films rang true for her character.
Because they cant do Ms Marvel. Probably ever and Rogue never started off with her more villainous origins. So if they skipped through most her origin and we cant even see a character because of rights issues then whats the point of arguing to see it?

I think shes a bad character adaptation cause she is far different personality wise as well as her use of powers, and I know she is capable of being more interesting and joining in the battle. Right now shes boring, whines, hides on the ground during attack,used as the damsel in distress in X1, occasionaly kisses people and thats about it. Thats just not all Rogue has to offer. She was adapted into a much too fragile character like Raven in FC. But hey if you think shes legit then thats awesome. Wish I could think the same.

The Women of X Men are some of the strongest female characters in comics and its a shame they havnt really gave them much justice in the films. They should be owning the franchise.

Last edited by def28; 02-05-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #204
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4ever View Post
Doesn't this pose and hairstyle look Rogue-like?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

yeah, would be a cool shot for the promo stuff.
Cant wait to see Rogue's look on this sequel and the posters and all of that. She should look hotter after all these years

Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #205
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
If they add in a nod of her flipping a Sentinel over her head and smashing it on the ground in the 90s series people will go ape ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
She needs to say "sugah"!
Fans would be very happy to see those things happened but i just hope Rogue wouldn't have a totally different personality that it would feel very drastic and forced.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #206
Angamb
Banned User

I wouldnt want that either.
Singer has the talent to both doing those things and at the same time showing her evolution naturally, instead of showing us a totally different character.

My main question is: Does Singer wants to please fans like that?

Im afraid not.

Im sure Singer wants to do something cool with Rogue this time, but something tells me he doesnt care too much about what the fans really want.

really hope to be proven wrong, tho

Old 02-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #207
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If Rogue can't say "sugah", then at least there needs to be a scene where someone is serving her tea, and asking how she takes it: milk or sugar, to which she can reply "sugah".

Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #208
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I wouldnt want that either.
Singer has the talent to both doing those things and at the same time showing her evolution naturally, instead of showing us a totally different character.

My main question is: Does Singer wants to please fans like that?

Im afraid not.

Im sure Singer wants to do something cool with Rogue this time, but something tells me he doesnt care too much about what the fans really want.

really hope to be proven wrong, tho
I think you will be.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #209
Angamb
Banned User

fingers crossed!!

Singer SHOULD show Rogue/Anna flying, at least during 10 seconds. whatever the mutant she steals his power is.

Singer has the chance to do the character justice and finally please the fans. If he doesnt it, he would get even more hate than he already has. And I dont think that's smart, from a director that supposedly wants to connect with the fans this time

Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #210
def28
Side-Kick

I think Singer will play to the source with characters more so this time around. I dont think they will be dead on adaptions, but hes not gonna gain any points from straying away. They cant drop the ball on this film.

But yeah, Hopefully Rogue gets some solid moments. Im still stoked he put Kitty in.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #211
Angamb
Banned User

Im stoked with ALL, lol

seriously, just to think that we are gonna see older versions of Iceman, Kitty and Rogue.... I just cant deal this year

Too much potential this time, the special effects, comic movies current state, the return of Singer, Vaughn as producer and on the script, Millar as consultant

this cant be more promising

Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #212
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Im stoked with ALL, lol

seriously, just to think that we are gonna see older versions of Iceman, Kitty and Rogue.... I just cant deal this year

Too much potential this time, the special effects, comic movies current state, the return of Singer, Vaughn as producer and on the script, Millar as consultant

this cant be more promising
You are always stoked.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #213
Angamb
Banned User

its because Ive been waiting to see Rogue and Kitty again during so many years, and even if the news came more than a week ago, there are days where I stop for a second and realize how amazing it is to have all of them back again!

Its something huge to me, as a xmen fan

Old 02-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #214
Figs
Banned User

I'm glad Paquin is back as Rogue. She's older now, hopefully the writing will be better and she will be more confident.

I just told my younger sister the news and she flipped out and is now boycotting the movie.

The only X-men film she kind of liked was First Class. She got so heated when I said a lot of the older cast are coming back.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #215
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

XMFC and X2 were certainly the best, in my opinion.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #216
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I'm glad Paquin is back as Rogue. She's older now, hopefully the writing will be better and she will be more confident.

I just told my younger sister the news and she flipped out and is now boycotting the movie.

The only X-men film she kind of liked was First Class. She got so heated when I said a lot of the older cast are coming back.
Please put a dollop of salt in her cereal tomorrow morning for me. Thanks!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 AM   #217
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:

Does your younger sister post on here?

Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #218
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Please put a dollop of salt in her cereal tomorrow morning for me. Thanks!
I'm thinking about it! I couldn't believe how much she flipped out. I was trying to explain to her how the movie is going to be based on Days of Future Past with the Sentinels, but once I mentioned Paquin returning as Rogue, she basically said F this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Does your younger sister post on here?
It's funny that you mentioned that. Although I made an account in 2006, I was lurking since about '04. She was the one that told me about this website. She posted around the time the first X-men was coming out and stopped posting because so many other posters were giving her hell because she was freaking out over the black leather costumes.

Out of all the comic films, she likes most of them, but X-men is her favorite and was disappointed in just about all the films so far.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #219
X4ever
Newbie First Class

Doh Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
I'm thinking about it! I couldn't believe how much she flipped out. I was trying to explain to her how the movie is going to be based on Days of Future Past with the Sentinels, but once I mentioned Paquin returning as Rogue, she basically said F this movie.

It's funny that you mentioned that. Although I made an account in 2006, I was lurking since about '04. She was the one that told me about this website. She posted around the time the first X-men was coming out and stopped posting because so many other posters were giving her hell because she was freaking out over the black leather costumes.

Out of all the comic films, she likes most of them, but X-men is her favorite and was disappointed in just about all the films so far.

I will admit I felt the same way about Anna Paquin as Rogue for a long time. Now I don't feel that way because now that she's 30 and has evolved heavily on True Blood I think she seems capable of portraying a more comic-based Rogue. I've read through these forums on and off since 2004 but I never felt motivated to start posting my thoughts because I can't stand all the arguing that goes on in a messag forum and I have not seen an x-men film since X2 came out. Now that I'm posting I don't want to go through with that. Otherwise I will just cancel my account.

Is your sister aware that the black leather suits will not be used in DOFP? If she is then that's one thing she should be glad to hear beacause I am. I don't want to see those black suits ever again because the x-men are NOT biker club gang!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #220
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

We might not have the leather suits again but that doesn't mean the present X-Men won't wear black suits.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #221
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I expect the X-Men will all get scaley suits like Spider-Man and Superman have lately.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #222
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I expect the X-Men will all get scaley suits like Spider-Man and Superman have lately.
I have no problem with that as long as there's some color involved.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #223
psyonic
X-Man

I want to see Rogue with her bomber jacket

Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #224
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:

Oh oh is your sister Gina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Noooooo! I hate those basketball-looking costumes!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #225
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

You will get them and like them.

Closed Thread