Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Stand-Alone Movies

Old 02-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Disney Confirms Stand-Alone Star Wars Films

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99937

Quote:
Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger has confirmed rumors that the studio is looking at a series of Star Wars films that will see release independent of the new trilogy and that will focus on specific characters from the overall Star Wars universe.

"There has been speculation about some stand-alone films that are in development," Iger tells CNBC. "I can confirm to you today that, in fact, we are working on a few stand-alone films. Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great 'Star Wars' characters that are not part of the overall saga. We still plan to make Episodes 7, 8, and 9, roughly over a six-year period of time, starting in 2015. There are going to be a few other films released in that time, too."

Iger goes on to say that Kasdan and Kingberg are serving in a consulting capacity on J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII with Michael Arndt supplying the screenplay. Both writers are simultaneously working on new, as of yet unknown, Star Wars films.

The news arrives on the heels of yesterday's rumor that claimed the first such film would follow the adventures of Yoda. While that rumor has not been confirmed, Iger's comments suggest some truth to the reports.

I'm hoping a movie that covers Obi-Wan's life between ROTS and ANH ends up being one of these stand-alone films. It's interesting that the announcement indicates more than one will be released during the 6 year run of the new trilogy.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Disney Confirms Stand-Alone Star Wars Films

So we can end up getting like 5-6 SW feature films in a period of 7-8 years? Sounds like heaven to me!

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Same here. And not even the sky's the limit when it comes to possibilities.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'm hoping a movie that covers Obi-Wan's life between ROTS and ANH ends up being one of these stand-alone films.
Oh god, PLEASE!

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Like I said in the other thread, we need an animted Shadows of the Empire film. Despite liking a lot of EU, its the only novel I've ever felt actually stood on par with the films. KOTOR and all that would work too, but SOTE was the first EU I got into as a kid as well (thank you N64 game )

Old 02-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Oh god, PLEASE!
Yeah, we need an Obi-Wan solo movie with Ewan! I mean, he has even said he'd be interested to return to the role. Just do it Lucasfilm/Disney!

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #7
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Based on the Kenobi novel, of course.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote