The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #851
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,409
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Its a big possibility that they won't. Bryan Singer said he is not ignoring any films, why do DOFP just to wipe out other films at the end of the movie.
Because of how this story will revolve its situation its def gonna be switched up. He also said hes gonna do some cleaning up.

Hes not gonna reveal the twist on how everything will be changed at the end. We know they are dealing with differentmultiverses. They cant bring Jean and Scott back without creating a new history for them and they need at least Summers back.

def28 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #852
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,684
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Because of how this story will revolve its situation its def gonna be switched up. He also said hes gonna do some cleaning up.

Hes not gonna reveal the twist on how everything will be changed at the end. We know they are dealing with different multiverses. They cant bring Jean and Scott back without creating a new history for them and they need at least Summers back.
Cleaning-up doesn't mean removing the existence of the Original Trilogy and The Wolverine.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #853
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

guys, stoping the discussing for a second, just take a look at this, and tell me, who wouldnt be really excited to see this whole cast together on screen again?







Fox, Singer and Lauren cant miss such an epic opportunity

Angamb is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #854
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,409
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Needs more Deadpool and Psylocke

but yeah all these heads in DOFP are gonna be pretty friggen awesome...add to the fact they will be fighting sentinels and the Hobbit will not be getting my money for awhile.


Last edited by def28; 02-06-2013 at 12:01 AM.
def28 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #855
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,684
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
guys, stoping the discussing for a second, just take a look at this, and tell me, who wouldnt be really excited to see this whole cast together on screen again?





Fox, Singer and Lauren cant miss such an epic opportunity
LOL! I could live without Cyclops and Beast for X4 and replace them with less developed characters like Angel and Colossus. But thats a fantastic line-up! Plus add 1 new addition to the team like Psylocke would make it perfect.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #856
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

of course I want Angel and Kut too! lol But the image couldnt appear in full on any site, lol

Angamb is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #857
Marv
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 127
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Its a big possibility that they won't. Bryan Singer said he is not ignoring any films, why do DOFP just to wipe out other films at the end of the movie.
To reset the timeline doesn't mean you're ignoring anything. It means you're creating a reality separate from that of the original trilogy and the Wolverine films in order to serve your story and add a great amount of creative freedom to your ongoing franchise.

Marv is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #858
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick
 
lordofthenerds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,946
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
To reset the timeline doesn't mean you're ignoring anything. It means you're creating a reality separate from that of the original trilogy and the Wolverine films in order to serve your story and add a great amount of creative freedom to your ongoing franchise.
Exactly. The whole point of resetting the timeline is so that you wouldn't have to ignore the original films, but still be free to do whatever you want in the future. Basically rebooting without having to actually reboot.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
lordofthenerds is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #859
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,626
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
guys, stoping the discussing for a second, just take a look at this, and tell me, who wouldnt be really excited to see this whole cast together on screen again?







Fox, Singer and Lauren cant miss such an epic opportunity
Take out Kitsch(although I liked him in John Carter)and Berry and I would be happy.

Figs is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #860
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

really?

Hugh, James and Taylor on the same movie as Wolverine, Cyclops and Gambit would be pretty epic, at least to me

Angamb is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #861
Marv
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 127
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthenerds View Post
Exactly. The whole point of resetting the timeline is so that you wouldn't have to ignore the original films, but still be free to do whatever you want in the future. Basically rebooting without having to actually reboot.
Well said.

Marv is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #862
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

marv, no comment on the cast photo?

would you be excited with the full cast back?

Angamb is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #863
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Not writing near fast enough
Posts: 68,004
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Take out Kitsch(although I liked him in John Carter)and Berry and I would be happy.
no way! Lol, my boy Taylor gets to stay!

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction. There's pictures!

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #864
Marv
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 127
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
marv, no comment on the cast photo?

would you be excited with the full cast back?
I would if it was a coherent sequel. I'm not crazy about the studio spending 200 million on a sequel that has no connection to the main franchise. I'd rather that money go into a sequel where McAvoy & Fassbender's story continues. Where Cyclops can lead the X-Men & Jean, Storm, Beast & Gambit comprise the team. Hell, after Days of Future Past changes the timeline, Wolverine can join the X-Men now.

Marv is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #865
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,409
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Were already getting most those people in DOFP anyways. The fact they are adapting DOFP is way more exciting, at least to me. The only two stories that will get me hyped up as much as this would be AOA or an Uncanny X Force flick.

There gonna need to pull something crazy together to beat the hype this flick will get when the trailers start dropping.


Last edited by def28; 02-06-2013 at 12:13 AM.
def28 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #866
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,626
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
no way! Lol, my boy Taylor gets to stay!
I don't think he was a bad Gambit to be honest. My choice is because I would like to forget the Origins movie.

Figs is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #867
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Were already getting most those people in DOFP anyways. The fact they are adapting DOFP is way more exciting, at least to me. The only two stories that will get me hyped up as much as this would be AOA or an Uncanny X Force flick.

There gonna need to pull something crazy together to beat the hype this flick will get when the trailers start dropping.
Exactly. Toss Berry or Marsden into the mix, along with one or two more returning or new actors, and the Days of Future Past cast is already better than the one pictured above, in my opinion, which is why I don't understand this talk that audiences will suddenly and perpetually lose their minds if members of the original cast return for X-Men "4, 5, 6," etc. We'll just have to see what they set up, when the cards land.

BMM is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #868
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,409
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Yeah, This is the film to be hyped for. If anything the next film wont have as big of a cast. The DOFP cast is already insane. Those FC actors have really been gaining alot of popularity and credibility since FC was released.


Last edited by def28; 02-06-2013 at 01:07 AM.
def28 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #869
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,163
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
guys, stoping the discussing for a second, just take a look at this, and tell me, who wouldnt be really excited to see this whole cast together on screen again?
I'd rather them do something completely new, to be honest, with new characters and/or new actors. Shake things up and make the franchise fresh again, rather than drag out the same old cast. DoFP looks too much like nostalgia-fest already for my liking, even though I understand that the old cast is necessary for the DoFP storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
FOX considers the box-office power of the cast of the original trilogy. The reason why they brought back the original cast is to gain money. They saw how big the Avengers was and now they mixing the cast of the original cast and First Class. I see the logic of FOX trying to sell the First Class cast by teaming them up with the cast of the OT. If this movie ends very well at the box-office because of the returning cast of the original trilogy, FOX might just want to move with the original cast and stop making movies with the cast of First Class.
They're bringing in the old cast to make a big movie, yes. But what makes this a big movie is the combination of the two casts and an epic generations-spanning storyline. The old cast on their own is a completely different proposition. To use The Avengers example, I don't think that anyone is really expecting Iron Man 3 to make the same numbers as The Avengers.

I do wonder what they're planning next, with the franchises tending to go bigger bigger BIGGER all the time rather than downscaling.


Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 02-06-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #870
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 671
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Lol if Bryan Singer had to tweet that Taylor Kitsch is returning as Gambit, il bee super EXCITIED!!

I think he did a good job with the character, in a film that just sucked! They obviously would have to redesign him, change his clothes, give him the black and red eyes, although I don't think Kitsch can do a Cajun accent, so I guess that will have to be my only little grimace.

But if that's the cast, I would be pleased! Especially if u think about the possibilities when it comes to action. Storm and Gambit in a fight against the Sentinels would be Awesome!!

__________________
In the End, You Will Always Kneel...

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
M-2 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #871
Marv
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 127
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, This is the film to be hyped for. If anything the next film wont have as big of a cast. The DOFP cast is already insane. Those FC actors have really been gaining alot of popularity and credibility since FC was released.
Most def. Lawrence is up for another Oscar, McAvoy is headlining Boyle's Trance & Fassbender will probably land Oscar Nominations for either 12 Years a Slave or The Counselor. They screwed him over with Shame but won't be able to next year. Hoult's also headlining with Warm Bodies & Jack The Giant Slayer plus a supporting role in Mad Max: Fury Road.

I can't wait to see those four evolve in this new series.

Marv is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #872
magneto23
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 377
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
FOX considers the box-office power of the cast of the original trilogy. The reason why they brought back the original cast is to gain money. They saw how big the Avengers was and now they mixing the cast of the original cast and First Class. I see the logic of FOX trying to sell the First Class cast by teaming them up with the cast of the OT. If this movie ends very well at the box-office because of the returning cast of the original trilogy, FOX might just want to move with the original cast and stop making movies with the cast of First Class. Plus with movies set in the past, they would keep re-introducing characters. But with the present timeline, with the cast of original trilogy, they could do so much more.
FOX doesn't need to "sell" the First Class cast. Not with the actors they have leading it. I don't see FOX dropping the FC series in favor of the decade old originals. IMO post DOFP will be FC or FC and X4. They have JL, JM, and MF locked up for a 3rd film. You think FOX is throwing that away?

magneto23 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #873
Marv
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 127
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
FOX doesn't need to "sell" the First Class cast. Not with the actors they have leading it. I don't see FOX dropping the FC series in favor of the decade old originals. IMO post DOFP will be FC or FC and X4. They have JL, JM, and MF locked up for a 3rd film. You think FOX is throwing that away?
Yeah, people are being thrown off by the involvement of the old cast in this. This is still very much a sequel to First Class. The second chapter of the McAvoy/Fassbender series. A follow up would most definitely be the third film in that series & not a sequel with the old cast in an alternate reality.

This is the closest we're getting to an X4 in that we get to see what happened to the cast of X3.

Marv is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #874
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,409
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
Yeah, people are being thrown off by the involvement of the old cast in this. This is still very much a sequel to First Class. The second chapter of the McAvoy/Fassbender series. A follow up would most definitely be the third film in that series & not a sequel with the old cast in an alternate reality.
I think they will throw something at us with a modern team, they seem to really wanna expand on their universe. Not everyone can exist in the past, but yeah I really dont think it will be anything regarding a follow up to the old trilogy and doubt the FC crew will be left in the dust.
Quote:
This is the closest we're getting to an X4 in that we get to see what happened to the cast of X3.
Exactly. Both casts are in place and its a follow up on both series.

def28 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #875
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,684
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I'd rather them do something completely new, to be honest, with new characters and/or new actors. Shake things up and make the franchise fresh again, rather than drag out the same old cast. DoFP looks too much like nostalgia-fest already for my liking, even though I understand that the old cast is necessary for the DoFP storyline.
And they've been doing prequels since 2008 and now they are currently working in a cross-over movie. Something old and familiar wouldn't be a bad idea for the next movie after DOFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
FOX doesn't need to "sell" the First Class cast. Not with the actors they have leading it. I don't see FOX dropping the FC series in favor of the decade old originals. IMO post DOFP will be FC or FC and X4. They have JL, JM, and MF locked up for a 3rd film. You think FOX is throwing that away?
Well the box-office performance of First Class was definitely not overwhelming to begin with. Even if all of the FC actors won an Academy Award next year but if they cannot manage to outgross the other X-Men movies, I don't think FOX would be satisfied with that and it doesn't look good for the franchise. If this movie is just a straight-up sequel to First Class, without the cast of original trilogy, this movie wouldn't even have this kind of buzz right now.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-06-2013 at 03:16 AM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.