The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #426
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

If Cap and Thor sequels bomb, or underperform, no point in making third installments. So why would you wait an extra year? Iron Man isn't getting any younger. Then you can bypass it completely and save a year. I don't prefer it works out that way, but if it does, it does.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #427
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
If Cap and Thor sequels bomb, or underperform, no point in making third installments. So why would you wait an extra year? Iron Man isn't getting any younger. Then you can bypass it completely and save a year. I don't prefer it works out that way, but if it does, it does.
they have stories to tell. There will be a cap3 and thor 3

Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #428
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
they have stories to tell. There will be a cap3 and thor 3
I don't see it. Depending on the budgets and the release dates, I think they need to pull in a good 400 million WW to solidify sequels. Not much less than that. If it ends up a few dozen million below that, I don't think that is enough to justify additional sequels. Just Avenger appearances.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #429
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

reposted:

Avengers 3

Act I: getting reacquainted with characters/Thanos (30 minutes)
Act II: WWH (1 hour 15 minutes)
Act III: Avengers/Hulk vs Thanos (1 hour 15 minutes)

An alternative - possibly insane - is to do A3 as a two-parter. Film them at the same time and release them 6 months apart. Make it a true MCU cross-over, with every team involved including GotG. In that case, you do Avengers 3: WWH and then Avengers 3: Megateamup!! No?

mid-credits: Celestials!

Irregardlessly, a Planet Hulk inspired Hulk movie would be very very cool.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 02-05-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #430
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Sorry I just don't think that works and that is way too much going on. You can't just double up and make Thanos and World War Hulk into one movie.

- CM Punk
Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #431
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor 3, Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy 2
2017: Captain America 3, Heroes for Hire, Hulk 2, Daredevil
2018: Black Panther, Avengers 3

I think Marvel will try & start expanding outside of the Avengers in Phase 3. Doing some street heroes would be a perfect way to do that.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #432
venom892
Got Lucky

Phase III
2015-Ant Man
2016-Dr. Strange,Planet Hulk
2017-Black Panther,Thor 3
2018-Captain America 3,Avengers 3

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #433
weezerspider
Side-Kick

IF the solo sequels bomb, there won't be much more phases. It'll just turn into an Avengers franchise.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #434
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I'm going to be pretty sad if the solo sequels bomb...

Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #435
venom892
Got Lucky

I think the solo sequels are going to get a boost from Avengers. People are going to want to know what happens to these characters next.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #436
Mr.M
Side-Kick

That's the same problem that DC must overcome. I don't have a huge interest in some of these characters, but if they are setting things up for Hulk orAvengers or Spiderman or whomever, I will go see it.

Didn't really have an interest in Green Lantern knowing that going in they were limiting the universe by making an origin movie that had no bigger end game. At least it may have had one if it were a success, but it wasn't. At the same time, you don't the connected universe to be a gimmick.

Every movie needs to stand alone. We get too wrapped up in continuity. Don't make a direct sequel unless it is a direct follow up. Planet Hulk or Thor sequels do not have to be direct sequels to their predecessors, because the story can be taken in a million directions without getting bogged down in reoccuring characters and plot lines.

Last edited by Mr.M; 02-06-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #437
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Sorry I just don't think that works and that is way too much going on. You can't just double up and make Thanos and World War Hulk into one movie.
Its called an adaptation. The actual plots will bear very little resemblance to the comics beyond the bare concepts, for glaringly obvious reasons. This is news to you?

Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #438
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Its called an adaptation. The actual plots will bear very little resemblance to the comics beyond the bare concepts, for glaringly obvious reasons. This is news to you?
No matter how they "adapt" it, it would still not work those 2 source materials require waaay too much time to be wrapped up in one movie

Old 02-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #439
Mr.M
Side-Kick

What if they did Planet Hulk and WWH in the same movie? As the Hulk sequel. Doesn't make sense from a business point of view since that is two movies worth of material. I think it could be the Hulk's TDK and TDKR. I don't know if you involve all of the Avengers if any at all. Maybe just a few key Avengers here and there. Not Cap, not Thor, not IM, since you want to save those guys (and the money they cost) on Avenger sequels. Hulk really isn't an Avenger member. We shouldn't keep looking at him as such. I would do a Planet Hulk movie so that Hulk can move away from the Avengers at the end of Avengers 2. WWH/Avengers 3 in one movie just doesn't work.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #440
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

A3 will be set up in part by the A2 mid credits and all the various solo movies, including a Planet Hulk-inspired Hulk movie. Three hours will be plenty. Or do it as two movies.

And of course it could work. You have no idea what the actual plots characters will be involved at this point so its impossible to speculate on its feasibility. An MCU version of WWH will be totally reconfigured/recast/reimagined from the source material.

Oh and in the MCU, the Hulk/Banner is a full fledged Avenger. This isnt the comics.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 02-06-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #441
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
A3 will be set up in part by the A2 mid credits and all the various solo movies, including a Planet Hulk-inspired Hulk movie. Three hours will be plenty. Or do it as two movies.

And of course it could work. You have no idea what the actual plots characters will be involved at this point so its impossible to speculate on its feasibility. An MCU version of WWH will be totally reconfigured/recast/reimagined from the source material.

Oh and in the MCU, the Hulk/Banner is a full fledged Avenger. This isnt the comics.
"In the MCU, Hulk is a full-fledged Avenger:" this, I agree with. That goes against comic-book canon, but it's been an improvement so far. Fans clearly love Avenger Hulk *far* more than they love the typical Loner Hulk. It's breaking new ground for the character, but it's proven to be a highly successful approach. They like Avenger Hulk; In-Control Hulk; Hero Hulk; Team Player Hulk.

That's why WWH would be a mistake, because it undermines everything that Hulk has created within the framework of the Avengers. Division and mistrust and infighting were fun in the first movie, but they were caused specifically by Loki's magic. If you do that again, then it proves that the Avengers can't function as a team; and setting hero against hero is bad for business.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #442
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I think the solo sequels are going to get a boost from Avengers. People are going to want to know what happens to these characters next.
Exactly. I think Thor and CA will do much better this time round.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #443
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

SO, how about a minimalist "have it your way" segment. If Phase 3 wasn't allowed to be bigger than Phase 2:

Ant-Man
Thor 3
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Avengers 3

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 03-03-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #444
Mr. Dent
Banned User

2016: Thor 3, Hulk 2
2017: Cap 3, Doctor Strange
2018: Avengers 3

Old 03-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #445
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

2016: Black Panther and Captain America 3
2017: Thor 3 and Doctor Strange
2018: Avengers 3

Old 03-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #446
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...axy-suits-more

If What this article says is true and I'm sure it probably is then YES YES YES YES YES JANET!!!!!!!! Knew it and I called it Can't wait to see her She has the perfect Janet look
Oh and the Star-Lord cameo will be awesome
Plus this could tell a lot about Phase 3. If they're bringing in A.I.M. and Janet/Hank this early then maybe they could be setting up for Ultron???

Old 03-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #447
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...axy-suits-more

If What this article says is true and I'm sure it probably is then YES YES YES YES YES JANET!!!!!!!! Knew it and I called it Can't wait to see her She has the perfect Janet look
Oh and the Star-Lord cameo will be awesome
Plus this could tell a lot about Phase 3. If they're bringing in A.I.M. and Janet/Hank this early then maybe they could be setting up for Ultron???
1. They got that thread from a post on this forum

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=676

2. A lot of the spoilers other than the armor descriptions that were posted in that thread were more than likely trolling. So, other than the armor descriptions and a couple spoilers posted directly after the armors descriptions were posted, I would suggest not to believe anything else.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #448
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
1. They got that thread from a post on this forum

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=676

2. A lot of the spoilers other than the armor descriptions that were posted in that thread were more than likely trolling. So, other than the armor descriptions and a couple spoilers posted directly after the armors descriptions were posted, I would suggest not to believe anything else.
Why does everyone say they were only trolling?
I mean the call from Star-Lord fits with what everyone's been saying about the spacesuit and how it's going to be used. The Janet cameo also fits because we still don't know who Stephanie is playing and I remember someone tweeting when she's revealed the crowd will go crazy or something like that

Old 03-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #449
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Much of it originated on 4chan.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #450
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I mean the call from Star-Lord fits with what everyone's been saying about the spacesuit and how it's going to be used. The Janet cameo also fits because we still don't know who Stephanie is playing and I remember someone tweeting when she's revealed the crowd will go crazy or something like that
The only thing we can say with certainty is that IM has a deep space suit. The rumors about a post-cred scene featuring him going into space to answer a distress call from the GOTG makes sense on some levels, and not so much on others. Personally, I believe that rumor, but I've still got my grain of salt handy.

Stephanie as Wasp doesn't make sense on plenty of levels which I've already *****ed about on tons of different threads over the past year, but I'll just state the biggest and most obvious one as the coffin-nail for that particular rumor: Feige (and nearly everyone else associated with IM3) have said specifically that there are NO Avengers appearing in IM3 (other than Tony, of course).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread