The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #101
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

I do prefer the colours of the suit here:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

But the darker colours, like on the magazine look great too. I can't imagine him having the lighter colours of the Reeve suit and not looking ridiculous.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #102
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Those pics that have the brighter colours just show how dumb the suit would've looked had it been much brighter

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #103
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Those pics that have the brighter colours just show how dumb the suit would've looked had it been much brighter
Well, there's bright and then there's more saturated. I think maybe we're using the wrong term, myself included.

Bright adds light or white (if I understand correct) and saturated adds more color. Which du you mean?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #104
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Well, there's bright and then there's more saturated. I think maybe we're using the wrong term, myself included.

Bright adds light or white (if I understand correct) and saturated adds more color. Which du you mean?
Errrr

I just mean all the bright colours on those manias of the empire colour. It just wouldn't work with this film at all.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #105
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Errrr

I just mean all the bright colours on those manias of the empire colour. It just wouldn't work with this film at all.
Hehe, ok.

But it's a fine balance. Compared to even the less brightest/less saturated of the manips the original is still really "dull". At least on that Empire-cover, because in the trailers it comes of a lot more vibrant in daylight. Sometimes the red in the emblem looks almost as dull as in SR, but when the blue is that dark, it doesnt look off in the same way.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #106
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Man, Reeve just "HAD IT!"! The look, the smile, his amazing carisma! This Pic of Reeve says it all, you can just feel the amazingness of Sups in his personality within this pic! He was meant to play the role at the time.
Agreed

Old 02-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #107
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Exclamation Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Hehe, ok.

But it's a fine balance. Compared to even the less brightest/less saturated of the manips the original is still really "dull". At least on that Empire-cover, because in the trailers it comes of a lot more vibrant in daylight. Sometimes the red in the emblem looks almost as dull as in SR, but when the blue is that dark, it doesnt look off in the same way.
Oh yeah I agreed with that, tbh you can kind of say the sane for the Bat-suits in the Nolan films. Things tend to look different on promo pics n such than on film.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #108
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Disregarding color, I'm glad we got something that looks like the Fleischer shield with classic colors

Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #109
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
I do prefer the colours of the suit here:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

But the darker colours, like on the magazine look great too. I can't imagine him having the lighter colours of the Reeve suit and not looking ridiculous.
ehhhh....don't really like the color

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #110
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh yeah I agreed with that, tbh you can kind of say the sane for the Bat-suits in the Nolan films. Things tend to look different on promo pics n such than on film.
The TDK suit looked odd and awkwardly lit in Knight, but something happened and the exact same suit looked pretty damn good in Rises. I guess they weren't exactly comfortable in how to light and frame the suit in Knight.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #111
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

I liked the suit when we got the first official picture (the bank vault shot), however with every shot we've had since i've grown to love the suit. It's a fantastic piece of costume design. Would I change anything? I'd have possibly swapped the darkened yellow of the \S/ for a metallic gold, but thats about it.
For me the MOS suit is 99.9% perfect

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #112
ifriedrice
Side-Kick

The MOS suit is the best color out of all of the movie suits in my opinion.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #113
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice View Post
The MOS suit is the best color out of all of the movie suits in my opinion.
I agree 100%

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #114
sf2
Side-Kick

i prefer SR blue.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #115
ifriedrice
Side-Kick

Old 02-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #116
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
i prefer SR blue.
as do i

Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #117
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Can someone do a good side by side comparison of the MOS suit and the returns suit? I'm interested in seeing how the suit materials used compare to each other.

I know returns had it's own rubbery type fabric.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #118
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Can someone do a good side by side comparison of the MOS suit and the returns suit? I'm interested in seeing how the suit materials used compare to each other.

I know returns had it's own rubbery type fabric.
Here's a quick one, similar poses from both.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 AM   #119
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Great work.

There appears to be some similarity in the texture pattern in the thigh regions with that sort of weave look.

The MOS suit looks like thicker material though almost armorish even by comparison. I wonder what the actual difference in material used was?

Old 02-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #120
Zionite1
Side-Kick

MOS suit has the fleschier quality with the Darker colors.

Wonder what it wld have been like if MOS went with a fleschier S shield-which is pure Black.Fans wld wld have theirs heads exploding-"HE ISNT BATMAN"

Old 02-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #121
Glassjaw
In training

Man I do love how great the MoS boots look, literally straight out of the page of the comics, finally.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #122
elgaz
Side-Kick

It's amazing how the Superman Returns suit (despite it's small shield and neckline issues) is basically an iteration of the bright red/blue Superman suit which we've got used to all these years ........................... yet it already looks dated next to the new MOS suit.

Maybe that's just my opinion? The more I see of the new suit, the more I love it and how it's seemingly managed the impossible - the trunks are gone, it looks much more alien than before, it's 'dirtier' looking (for want of a better word - largely due to the texture), it's more regal, and it's more sculpted ............ yet it's still undoubtedly a Superman suit. A lot of that is also down to the guy in the suit too I guess.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 AM   #123
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The defined muscularity on the MoS suit also really does wonders.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #124
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I do like all of them for their own reasons, but the MOS-one just means so much business it's ridiculous. That's a suit for some serious battle. It just looks like battle-wear and I guess the chain-mail texture subtly implies that.

The Reeve-suit still has great colors even though they appear out of date.

Last edited by Rust; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #125
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
The defined muscularity on the MoS suit also really does wonders.
As does Cavill's thick neck, which is reminiscent of Reeve's. You can have all the muscle in the world but sometimes a thick/broad neck is more suggestive of power and strength that anything else. It's particularly noticeable next to Routh's comparatively thinner neck..

Last edited by elgaz; 02-07-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Closed Thread