The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #51
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Superman: Unbound trailer if you haven't seen it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ADo2uRP_QaQ

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #52
robmx522
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i'm so glad millar doesn't have anything to do with dc projects ...basically says he doesn't know how to do it ....then stick with marvels cartoon movies

Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #53
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yeh, that's pretty much how I always picture it too

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #54
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
i'm so glad millar doesn't have anything to do with dc projects ...basically says he doesn't know how to do it ....then stick with marvels cartoon movies
yes the wolverine and days of future past

pure cartoon movies lol

Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #55
JAKŪ
Upstart

Yes, silly cartoon movies. We demand only the finest and most sophisticated superhero entertainment around here. What is this meant to be, comic books?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #56
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNitro View Post

I really like the design of Superman here. I am so glad we are finally getting a Superman who is not overly bulky. I personally prefer Superman's physique to be muscular but lean, which he is here. I never understood the body buider buid at all. How is the Clark Kent persona supposed to work when he's Super huge.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #57
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

He's still pretty damn big though.

Noble sounds like he's overdoing it. Kinda sounds like Galaxar from Monsters vs Aliens.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #58
robmx522
Banned User

after man of steel people are going to laugh at marvel movies and millar knows it

Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #59
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Okay then...

Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #60
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
yes the wolverine and days of future past

pure cartoon movies lol
The last few X-Men movies have sucked ass....I don't look for this one to be any different. It stands a slightly better chance since Singer is involved, but I'm not going to hold my breath. MARVEL needs to get their hands back on The X-Men because Fox doesn't know what they are doing

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #61
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Although I agree with Fox not knowing what to do with the X-Men property, I think DoFP will actually be really good. I can dream can't I...

Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #62
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Although I agree with Fox not knowing what to do with the X-Men property, I think DoFP will actually be really good. I can dream can't I...
Me too, Singer is back and he's almost said that DoFB will be as good as first X-Men movies

Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #63
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNitro View Post

Not at all a fan of Bomer's voice as Superman personally. I'm looking forward to Stana Katic as Lois Lane. Her portrayal of Beckett on Castle makes me think she is a great match for Lane. She seems very good at playing strong, independent female characters with biting wit and playful sarcasm.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #64
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Is it me or has the default first reaction to animated movie trailers have been "Not a fan of the voice...". It just seems that way with the animated films starting way back from JLA: New Frontier.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #65
Simo
Side-Kick

Most likely a placeholder but the companion book now has a cover:

Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #66
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Yay!

As for Bomer's voice, I liked it until he started using his angry voice, which seemed unconvincing.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #67
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

I'll most likely go see Days of Future Past...but I'm not sure it will be any good

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #68
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

After reading that Superman Lives article, I must admit the dialogue sounded beyond atrocious, but I think someone could do something amazing with those story elements.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #69
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
after man of steel people are going to laugh at marvel movies and millar knows it
Lol, much jealousy or sour grapes?

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:38 AM   #70
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Is it me or has the default first reaction to animated movie trailers have been "Not a fan of the voice...". It just seems that way with the animated films starting way back from JLA: New Frontier.
When the animation is as lackluster as it has been, a lot of pressure is on the voice actor to create the right emotion. And the trouble is that they haven't been hiring actual voice actors. Just actors.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 AM   #71
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Yay!

As for Bomer's voice, I liked it until he started using his angry voice, which seemed unconvincing.
Really? I think he sounds awesome especially when he says 'IT GIVES ME STRENGTH!'. Its funny cause my favourite Superman book (other than the greatest graphic novel of them all Kingdom Come) is Superman Birthright, I must read it 3 or 4 times a year but everytime I put a voice to Superman in my head for that book it never fit. Until I saw this trailer a few weeks back and Bomer's voice goes so well with it. I still live in hope that one of the DC Animated films will be Birthright with Bomer returning to voice him.

Also love how John Noble sounds as Brainiac Corey Burtons voice just doesn't work for the Coluan version so its good to have a voice for that version too.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #72
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Yay!

Really? I think he sounds awesome especially when he says 'IT GIVES ME STRENGTH!'. Its funny cause my favourite Superman book (other than the greatest graphic novel of them all Kingdom Come) is Superman Birthright, I must read it 3 or 4 times a year but everytime I put a voice to Superman in my head for that book it never fit. Until I saw this trailer a few weeks back and Bomer's voice goes so well with it. I still live in hope that one of the DC Animated films will be Birthright with Bomer returning to voice him.

Also love how John Noble sounds as Brainiac Corey Burtons voice just doesn't work for the Coluan version so its good to have a voice for that version too.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #73
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Maybe I'm alone on this but I kind of don't care much for these animated adaptions of comics. I kind of think for things like dark knight returns that they were meant for comics.

I'd love instead for them to flesh out the BTAS/JLU universe even more and go back to doing serial shows. At least if they started writing original stories for these animated movies.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #74
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Oh pleaseeee....Oh very please.....let us get something new and exciting regarding MOS today!!!!! PLEASESSSSEEEEE!lol

Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #75
Krumm
Beer Snob

Superman + Orson Scott Card?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...es-of-superman

Closed Thread