Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #901
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I'm a fan of Lawrence & a fan of Mystique but not a fan of Lawrence's Mystique (so far). Kind of like Ryan Reynolds & Green Lantern. Hopefully that changes with DOFP.
I liked Lawrence's Mystique even if she didn't look as good in blue make-up as Rebecca Romijn, who totally inhabited the role. The thing is how does the young version become the older version, who never shows any hint of knowing Xavier (just as he never acknowledges knowing her). If they can explain that, then fine. It surely involves Emma Frost's psychic tampering, a sort of equivalent of what she did with Jean Grey in the comics to make her the Dark Phoenix.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #902
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Whenever you do a prequel chances are there will be connections you didn't know were there before.

Mystique sure knew how to move around the mansion In X-Men.

The Idea of after over 30 years with magneto she would be mentioning her past with xavier Is crazy.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #903
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
DOFP will change your thoughts about RR as GL?
I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
Haha, nice

Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #904
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I liked Lawrence's Mystique even if she didn't look as good in blue make-up as Rebecca Romijn, who totally inhabited the role. The thing is how does the young version become the older version, who never shows any hint of knowing Xavier (just as he never acknowledges knowing her). If they can explain that, then fine. It surely involves Emma Frost's psychic tampering, a sort of equivalent of what she did with Jean Grey in the comics to make her the Dark Phoenix.
I'm looking forward to whatever event or chain of events leads up to that. It should be quite hard for Xavier to deal with given how close they are shown to be. Same for him in terms of the eventual path of Magneto. Hopefully there is still a lot of evidence of their deep friendship in this one. Don't want him turning into a full on villain straightaway.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #905
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Magneto(or should I say Michael fassbender's 1973 Magneto) likely causes whatever
event leads to Sentinles In future.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #906
Electrix
Side-Kick

Bryan Singer donates $5 million to USC

Quote:
The dough just keeps on rolling in for USC's School of Cinematic Arts, with a recent gift of $5 million courtesy of alum Bryan Singer.
Singer, who earned his bachelor's degree from SCA in '89, has participated in projects that have grossed more than $2 billion worldwide including "The Usual Suspects," "X-Men" and "X2: X-Men United." Gift, which was announced Thursday morning, will name SCA's critical studies division the Bryan Singer Division of Critical Studies.

"In a way, I began my career in the Division of Critical Studies at USC," Singer said. "Watching great films and learning how to think about film from the faculty transformed me as an artist and as a person."

Donation will provide lasting funding to enable the critical studies division to grow in stature and to include meaningful support for students, faculty and staff. Dedication also marks the first time one of the school's six divisions will be named for an alum.

"His gift is not only a fitting recognition of the division's importance for the next generation of scholars and media makers, but validation of critical studies as a unique path to understanding and mastering the art and practice of cinema," said SCA dean Elizabeth Daley, who announced the gift.

Bryan Singer Division of Critical Studies, one of two original divisions at SCA, teaches courses on the study of media, ranging from big-budget blockbusters to YouTube clips to cutting-edge, immersive experiences, as well as courses on business, analysis and cultural impacts of Stateside and global motion pics.

Division awards B.A, M.A and Ph.D. degrees, and holds classes accessible to students from all six of SCA's divisions.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...s%257CFilmNews

Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #907
Great Mind(s)
Broken

He better not be complainin about the budget for this film then!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #908
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well that $5 million came from him not FOX. So its not like that $5 million came from the budget of DOFP and is even he responsible for bringing budget to the movie?

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #909
Angamb
Banned User

since Bryan is a producer too, I guess he could invest money on the sequel, but I dont think its neccesary. Im sure Fox is speding a pretty solid budget on this one, specially having the sentinels in full force.

I wouldnt be surprised if this movie has a budget around 180-200M. I guess we'll find it out next year

Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #910
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Bryan Singer can do want he wants with his money and its not like he's the only one person producing this movie. 20th Century FOX is a billion dollar company. Plus FOX will probably pay him more or less than $5 million for being the director of DOFP.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #911
Great Mind(s)
Broken

No I'm just sayin, if I were director and had extra millions and wanted the movie to be perfect I'd throw in ykno? Eh I was just joking...

Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #912
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
No I'm just sayin, if I were director and had extra millions and wanted the movie to be perfect I'd throw in ykno? Eh I was just joking...
Well,...he is Jewish.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 AM   #913
JP
Smelly

Quote:
That's not how it works.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #914
Great Mind(s)
Broken

He's not allowed to contribute to the budget even if he wants to? Like... an extra 5 million to polish off the Sentinels. They'd say "No Bryan, keep your money they look fiiiine" or would he go "Eh you gave me this set budget, they look like crap, I could contribute an extra couple mill but...nah the fans will be fiiine with it"
?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #915
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

from the tv spots i seen of jack the giant slayer i think singer has raised the game on his action scenes

Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #916
JP
Smelly

Singer is starting press fro Jack.

Quote:
MTV: You have Nicholas Hoult, who isn't a household name yet, as your lead. Did the studio want a bigger name as Jack?

Singer: No, we recognized early on that the giants were the stars. That's what you're selling. It's kind of like the dinosaurs in "Jurassic Park." So we just wanted somebody who could carry the movie, who was charming and heroic and appealing. Nick, I had always been a fan of. I was instrumental in his casting in "X-Men: First Class," and having interacted with him in that movie I found him just to be a lovely person, incredibly talented.

MTV: The technology you're using here has some different tools that you haven't gotten a chance to work with before. There are leaps and bounds every year, but it seems like in particular in the last five years or so there have been some crazy advances in motion capture, etc. Did you use motion capture for the giants?

Singer: Yeah, we performance-captured the giants first on a volume stage. The challenge that we had, that "Avatar" did not, was that you've got real actors interacting with giants. This was my first 3-D movie as well, and I took a lot of care with the stereo. But to do a fully animated kind of thing? I definitely want to use this technology again, and I might even be using some of it in a different way in "X-Men." I don't wanna say how, yet, but I'm definitely using some of this technology on "X-Men" which I never used in any of the other "X-Men" films.

MTV: Are you talking about creating a fully CGI character in "Days of Future Past"?

Singer: That's the thing I don't want to talk about. I'm not sure. I'm doing research on it now.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...=share_twitter

Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #917
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
He's not allowed to contribute to the budget even if he wants to? Like... an extra 5 million to polish off the Sentinels. They'd say "No Bryan, keep your money they look fiiiine" or would he go "Eh you gave me this set budget, they look like crap, I could contribute an extra couple mill but...nah the fans will be fiiine with it"
?
He can contribute to the budget of DOFP if he wants to especially he's a director and a producer but it doesn't mean he will just save his money for the movie. Its his money. And FOX should be the one that should give budget to the movie, not Bryan. Its not like FOX is just distributing the movie.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #918
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
that last quote just made me want to SQUEEEE like a school girl!!!!!

SENTINELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #919
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #920
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Is anyone else not impressed with how the giants look? I think they have that obvious-cgi look, if that makes sense.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #921
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
Is anyone else not impressed with how the giants look? I think they have that obvious-cgi look, if that makes sense.
I'm on that same boat.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #922
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

He's probally talking about doing sentinles entirly CGI although there Is also possibilty of
using CGI for Iceman In Iceform.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #923
NanaT
X-Men United!

Mo-cap is about creating a completely cgi character but allows an actor to perform that particular role. I'm not too sure he would use it for Sentinels, he could possibly use it for Iceman but again I'm thinking a completely CGI character being constructed.

Maybe Nimrod, or Bastion

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 02-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #924
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
The horrible CGI is actually the only reason I will not be seeing JTGS. I can barely sit through the trailer. Really hoping that Singer will be using a different VFX company for DOFP, or will decide to once every single review that comes out highlights how bad the Giants look.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #925
The Guard
Side-Kick

The giants in JACK don't look like bad CGI...they look silly because they've got an over the top, cartoony design, as does the rest of the world they're in. They probably could have been a little more down to earth with their design, but I don't think its an issue with the quality of the effects themselves.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Closed Thread