The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Was TDKR a letdown for you?
Yes 98 42.79%
No 131 57.21%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #25
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - letdown or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
This might be oblivious of me, but the first time I saw the movie I didn't even notice that Batman wasn't in costume all that much. Didn't really occur to me because the movie had my full attention for 2 hours and 45 minutes. And from the first shot of Bruce walking towards Selina with the cane, I was fully invested in Bruce's story.

I always said that the first hour of Batman Begins was easily my favorite part of the movie, so in this series I've never been one to fret too much about how much time Bruce clocks in as Batman. The stuff in the pit is probably my favorite part of TDKR, which is no surprise considering it's kind of the counterpart to Begins' first hour.

And more than any of the other films, when Batman appeared on screen he really felt larger than life. I don't know if it was the way Bale filled the suit this time, how Wally shot him, Hans' music, or just the story...but he truly felt like the LEGEND he is.
Bruce's time in the pit is my favorite part of TDKR too. I never felt the pace bogged down during Bane's rule.

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote