The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #626
uniqueweasel
Don't Drink and Bake

Default Re: Unintentionally Funny Moments in The Dark Knight Rises

When Batman breaks Banes mask in the final fight Bane starts swinging and sounds like a tiger:

at 0:23

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

uniqueweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #627
Ant-LOX
Bathman

"This csiity justtt shooowwwwed you - that it's ready - to be-lieve in goooooo000ddddd"

I love that line!

--

His voice did have a bit of a whistle too it in the beginning of TDKR, which was a bit weird.

"She's Perssssissssstant" and a few other lines.

"Do we havssee any moress carrsssss" -

But, after he's done being Batman and leading the cops on a Merry chase, the whistle is gone, toned down a bit.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #628
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
The "wheres the trigger" scene is no different compared to "where were the other drugs going, swear to me" scene from BB or the "where are they" from the interrogation scene in TDK. He's using the same level of anger and volume, I honestly see absolutely no difference between them at all. I thought he did the scene as it should of been done.
We can agree that Batman needs a GPS

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #629
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

The way Batman fumbles Bane around when he's screaming "WHERE'S THE TRIGGER?" is hilarious.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #630
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
The way Batman fumbles Bane around when he's screaming "WHERE'S THE TRIGGER?" is hilarious.
I like it , it shows Bane in total desperation trying to get to the mask and Batman doesnt allow it (and he's destroying the enemy's tympanum )

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #631
Baramos
Side-Kick

The only thing that really stuck out to me was Gordon fumbling around on the truck with the radio jammer. He's seriously just like "Let me just put this inside here--WHOOPSY DAISY! Dropped the blasted thing again! Such a butterfingers!" I can't remember if I laughed in the theater but in a home viewing I thought the scene was quite unintentionally funny instead of tension-filled like it's supposed to be.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #632
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Someone here pointed out that Batman was searching Bane to make sure he didn't have the trigger on his person.

The way that he punched Bane that last time right in the nose is also unintentionally hilarious.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #633
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Thought every time I watched the movie, that "Wherrre is it?" line was starting to get even funnier. Also thought Bane's "what a lovely, lovely voice" got a bit of a chuckle too.

FVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #634
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueweasel View Post
When Batman breaks Banes mask in the final fight Bane starts swinging and sounds like a tiger:

at 0:23

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Is it just me, or does the last blow Bane delivers to Batman when he's pinned up against the pillar (the punch Batman takes right before Bane puts a hole in the pillar, at 20 seconds) look like Tom Hardy really clocks Christian Bale.

Every time I see it, it looks like Hardy just about took Bale's head clean off. Bale's head snaps to the side pretty violently.

Cunning Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #635
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Holy crud I think that hit did connect. That may not have even been Hardy either but his stunt double (I forget his name).

I think Bale or even Hardy said that while most of the shots used were probably the rehearsed ones that they did hit each other a few times. Maybe that's an instance where Nolan put one in.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #636
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Wow, first time noticing that.

Also, the first few times I saw that I actually thought they sped up that part to emphasize Bane's berserker mode. But now I'm pretty sure Hardy was just punching that fast.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #637
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Wow, first time noticing that.

Also, the first few times I saw that I actually thought they sped up that part to emphasize Bane's berserker mode. But now I'm pretty sure Hardy was just punching that fast.
Yeah, Hardy went all-out for this role. And I love it. I noticed it the first time I saw the movie, and I'm shocked no one else did.

It's the first time I've ever seen a fight scene and felt intimidated or scared (as if I was watching a horror movie, or maybe even a snuff film, lol). This doesn't look like stage combat, it looks like a pair of 200+ pound, trained gorillas furiously brawling. It's one of my favorite fight scenes in any movie.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #638
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Holy crud I think that hit did connect. That may not have even been Hardy either but his stunt double (I forget his name).

I think Bale or even Hardy said that while most of the shots used were probably the rehearsed ones that they did hit each other a few times. Maybe that's an instance where Nolan put one in.
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that is Hardy, but it may have been Buster in for Bale. Either way, someone probably got a concussion from that particular take.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #639
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

That particular part always felt really real for me. Now I know why, lol.

Buster doubled for Hardy in this one is what I meant too. Bale had a different double this go around.

But I think you're right and that was Tom Hardy. Intense stuff.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #640
RustyCage
Come what may..

Hardy did joke in interviews about the times they unintentionally clobbered each other, but he seemed to reflect on it as good fun.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #641
RustyCage
Come what may..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Stunts View Post
Yeah, Hardy went all-out for this role. And I love it. I noticed it the first time I saw the movie, and I'm shocked no one else did.

It's the first time I've ever seen a fight scene and felt intimidated or scared (as if I was watching a horror movie, or maybe even a snuff film, lol). This doesn't look like stage combat, it looks like a pair of 200+ pound, trained gorillas furiously brawling. It's one of my favorite fight scenes in any movie.
Yeah, both of the fights were intense as hell. You could feel the skill and the rage and the power.

My favorite bit is right after the pillar, where Batman is doing the classic BTAS intro ducking and weaving around punches, like Bane is trying to hit an impossible shadow. And each time, he manages to dismantle Bane's punch, screw up his arm, and hammer him across the face.

So much win. They flopped on the groups of armed thugs fights again, but they TOTALLY nailed the Bane fights. Made up for a lot of disappointment I had in TDK's fight scenes.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #642
RustyCage
Come what may..

^ To explain what I meant before, the moment captured that.

Well, minus the darkness. But you know.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #643
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

best part of the film, that fight. Too bad it was so freakin short

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #644
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post

That's awesome. Intentional or not I felt Nolan captured several of those epic moments from BTAS. I even wore one as my avy, which I think I'll put back on (it's from the scene in TDK right before Batman tells him "Don't let me find you out here again.").

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
At 2:56.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #645
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Yeah the final Bane Batman fight was phenomenal but it could have really used an extra minute or two. Also, I really wish we got to see more context for the Mercs vs Cops battle. It starts, goes on for a while and then after Batman gets rid of the bomb we just cut to the battle scene and the cops have already won. I wish we got to see them actually get the upper hand somehow instead of just the aftermath.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #646
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post

I see what you mean.

The second Bane/Batman fight is short but it's so good.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #647
Tequilla
Side-Kick

It is clearly the most logical , choreography wise. It doesn't have the gravitas of the first scene , but i like it very much especially considering its so different from the previous encounter. Even stylistic its composed in such a different way.

You can definitely see the punch connected to some level. Its not the clean movement we usually see of the head following the punch. Its much quicker. With that mask on , the weight of it , the stunt guy must have felt that really hard.

Its a short but very sweet fight scene. I would have also to see a little bit more of it , even the crowd scenes (although with the quality of the extras we probably would have seen a lot more strange things . Nolan needs to say a thing to his AD to control these guys !). And if it wasnt shoot in such a difficult environment , some pov shots in there would have look wonderful.

Nolan got a lot of critics with his fight scenes (some were maybe a little harsh considering the standard of it in american productions , but in a more general views they were weak). So its cool he made 2 one-on-one fight scenes , and both of them are quite good. They dont have a lot of elaboration in terms of choreography , but they are very well shot.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #648
RustyCage
Come what may..

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
That's awesome. Intentional or not I felt Nolan captured several of those epic moments from BTAS. I even wore one as my avy, which I think I'll put back on (it's from the scene in TDK right before Batman tells him "Don't let me find you out here again.").

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
At 2:56.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Dude. All kinds of win.

Love that avatar. Thanks for the great resolution share of that moment. Easily one of the best shots of Nolan's Batman.

Really wish they kept a bulkier neck/cowl. It feels so much more threatening here. I want to say the curvature is also more organic looking. And the mouth is more open, differently shaped, doesn't restrict his face (or restrict his speaking ability) as much.

I prefer it.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #649
JackWhite
Third Man

As much as I love the BB suit, I could never picture Batman wearing it on the Bat-pod, lol. I think it would have been too bulky looking.

But I'm glad we got a few scenes at the start of TDK with him still wearing it.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #650
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
best part of the film, that fight. Too bad it was so freakin short
I wouldn't say it was "freakin' short". The first battle felt like it needed to be that long because Bane was literally messing with Batman at times until he finally decided to just break him whereas in the second battle, neither of them were messing around and they both wanted eachother's heads. It was a fast-paced fight that was going to end with one man being defeated, broken or dead. Perhaps it could have taken more time on the streets or up the stairs to City Hall, but I felt the length was fine myself, especially with it having to be broken up with Gordon's scenes.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote