The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 09-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #51
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Good...good. If anybody knows what to bring to the table, they do.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #52
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Agreed Terry.

I'm still seeing comments of people expressing their hatred over Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive

Old 09-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #53
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Really don't understand that thought process at all.

You wanted a sequel? Nintendo basically is giving you one you probably would've not got otherwise and you're pissed at THEM?

Ah, the internet.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #54
terry78

They're mad because they feel it belongs on a "hardcore" system. Nintendo stole it from them in their mind.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #55
Soapy
It's happening again...

That really hits the nail on the head. They say the reason they're mad is because if they want to play Bayo 2 they have to buy a new console effectively making it a $400 game in their eyes, but somehow I very much doubt they would take the same position if they needed to buy Orbis/Durango to play it.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #56
terry78

Well, now they know how we feel when we want to play Uncharted, Halo, GOW(both acronyms), and the like.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #57
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Well, now they know how we feel when we want to play Uncharted, Halo, GOW(both acronyms), and the like.
As stupid as the idiots crying about Bayonetta 2 being on the Wii U are, I don't think that's a fair comparison. At least Uncharted, Halo, Gears of War, God of War, and so on have always been exclusive. Bayonetta fans on the other hand, do have to buy another system to play this game now.

That said, if it weren't for Nintendo, there would be no Bayonetta 2 so they should just shut their stupid mouths. A Wii U exclusive Bayonetta 2 that will most likely surpass the original is better than no Bayonetta 2 at all.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #58
zenith16
Side-Kick

I saw this comin from the beginning as you all saw with my first post of this thread. it was obvious what was gonna be said especially by those that favor one console over others and despise certain other ones. But there's a certain half those same people complaining that would take pleasure in gloating if it was on the console they favor just to tick others off and have fun at their others exspence. So stupid. The console wars is the companies issues if you don't work for them you don't really have a right to be vicious about it.

If you don't have that kind of a stake in it (business wise) like in "you own part of the company" then you really shouldn't be taking it in that way.

Last edited by zenith16; 09-23-2012 at 05:23 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #59
zenith16
Side-Kick

PlatinumGames Interested In PC And Nintendo 3DS Development

September 24, 2012 . 10:16pm“I was thinking—with our own money—about creating a PC title for Steam,” says PlatinumGames’ Atsushi Inaba.

source:Siliconera

Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #60
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta 2 Development Is Going Well, Here’s A Developer Video. January 23, 2013 . 6:40am

The development of Bayonetta 2 is going well, says Nintendo president, Satoru Iwata.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #61
zenith16
Side-Kick

PlatinumGames Discuss Their Goals And Philosophy With Nintendo’s President.January 25, 2013 . 10:02am

On the subject of their goals, Inaba and Minami say that PlatinumGames want to be a developer that talks big and then delivers on its promises.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #62
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

The only problem I have with this being on the WiiU is that I hate the controller. I spent a good hour with it and I just don't like it. I will be hoping for a port.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #63
zenith16
Side-Kick

do you mean the controller with the screen or the other one? Well it's not out yet. We'll see if Nintendo will allow a port.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #64
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The only problem I have with this being on the WiiU is that I hate the controller. I spent a good hour with it and I just don't like it. I will be hoping for a port.
Use the pro controller then.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #65
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

The pro controller is what I was talking about. The stick placement is no good. It is like the xbox controller gone wrong. Wouldn't even try with the Pad.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #66
terry78

Quote:
The pro controller is what I was talking about. The stick placement is no good. It is like the xbox controller gone wrong. Wouldn't even try with the Pad.
They said the same thing about the wheel when it was invented.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:33 AM   #67
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
They said the same thing about the wheel when it was invented.
They also have said it for plenty of things that ended up not being successful as well. Remember the original giant X-box controllers or the Virtual Boy?

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 02-07-2013 at 01:37 AM.
DarthSkywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #68
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 on other platforms is up to Nintendo, says Platinum

(6 hours ago)

Outspoken Platinum Games designer Hideki Kamiya made it clear Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 are staying Wii U-exclusive unless Nintendo says otherwise. Posting on Twitter, the Bayonetta director said that the games will be published on PS3 or Xbox 360 only if Nintendo says they will, and implored fans to stop asking Platinum Games about it.

"We are a developer. Nintendo are the ones kind enough to fund and publish our The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 projects," said Kayima, according to a translation he retweeted later. "So if Nintendo says, 'We are publishing Bayonetta 2 on PS3/360,' then it will happen. So please go ask them, not us."

The news follows a week which saw the formerly Wii U-exclusive Rayman Legends delayed until September for a multiplatform release on PS3 and Xbox 360 as well, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge being ported back from Wii U to the two rival consoles. Still more surprising than either piece of news was the announcement last year that Bayonetta 2 is coming to Wii U, and not, like its predecessor, PS3 and Xbox 360.

[Thanks, Michael]
Source: @PG_kamiya

Old 02-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #69
zenith16
Side-Kick

Features

Platinum Games Overview (Feature)

Victor and Scott look back at all the games the team at Platinum Games have created.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #70
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
The stick placement is just something to get used to, for any system. There is no "right" place to put the sticks. Playsation systems have both on the bottom, Xbox and Gamecube have one up top and one on the bottom, Wii U has two up top. Frankly I got used to the stick placement very quickly. also, a port is not coming so... sorry for your dilemma.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #71
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta 2 Trailer Shows Off Bayonetta’s New Costume And Hairdo. June 11, 2013 . 8:26am

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This morning, PlatinumGames and Nintendo showed debut gameplay footage of Bayonetta 2.

Bayonetta 2 Will Have A 2-Player Mode. June 11, 2013 . 11:00am

While Bayonetta 2 is being developed as a single-player experience, PlatinumGames say they’ve included a 2-player mode as well.

Bayonetta 2 Will Have Two-Player Multiplayer

E3 2013
on Jun 11, 2013 at 01:08 PM

This morning we learned that Wii U exclusive Bayonetta 2 will have two-player multiplayer.
... More

source:Siliconera & GI

Last edited by zenith16; 06-11-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #72
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Amazing!

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:18 AM   #73
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

I still have some mixed feelings about the WiiU exclusivity. I know, deep down, it's a good thing, because the game may not have existed if not for Nintendo's involvement, but man, I can't think of a system I have less interest in buying than the ****ing WiiU.

But man, that trailer is so wicked ****ing awesome. Love the new "yes, I could be a dyke, but you'll never know," haircut, too. I'm happy that it's happening no matter where it is. Even if I don't break down and get a WiiU, I'll still probably buy it and Wonderful 101 to support Platinum's endeavors. That's not something I'd do for a lot of companies, but they are one I would.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #74
terry78

Well, Sony and MS have their exclusives, so it is what it is. As the now defunct Orth said, deal with it.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #75
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Well, considering how I just said I was glad it was happening regardless of where it is I would say I'm dealing with it fine. As the immortal Confucius said, Save that drama for your mama

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote