The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #476
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 1

Still so strange that we know more about the spinoffs than Epsode 7 thus far. Its possible because its involving of brainstorming with alot of people vs Michael Arndt with his secret meetings with Abrams and Kennedy.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #477
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Still so strange that we know more about the spinoffs than Epsode 7 thus far. Its possible because its involving of brainstorming with alot of people vs Michael Arndt with his secret meetings with Abrams and Kennedy.
We know less than we think about the spinoffs if Deadline's sources are toi be believed.

Quote:
ďNobody knows when these movies are even coming out. Right now, people are just kicking around ideas. Which is why you hear itís Yoda one day and a young Han Solo another. Itís all in early development right now.Ē
http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/star...medium=twitter

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #478
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Rumor:

John Noble of Fringe and LOTR is being eyed to play the villian in Star Wars Episode 7.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/from...in-episode-vii
This absolutely needs to happen!

5-.-2-.-14

Old 02-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #479
Octoberist
point blank

What I think is happening is that John is probably having early talks with his Fringe buddy JJ for a role but nothing has been signed yet.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #480
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

John Noble is a great actor. Good news, if true.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #481
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
This just in - Disney more unoriginal than George Lucas.

A world of opportunity, and they just keep doing the same characters over and over.
They're probably just using Fett & Solo as jumping off points, to see if the audience wants Star Wars movies that aren't Episodes.

I'm really excited about both movies, they have the potential to both be really good.

My dream SW spin-off movie is a movie about some Clones though. They're easily the best thing to come out of the prequels.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #482
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
They're probably just using Fett & Solo as jumping off points, to see if the audience wants Star Wars movies that aren't Episodes.

I'm really excited about both movies, they have the potential to both be really good.

My dream SW spin-off movie is a movie about some Clones though. They're easily the best thing to come out of the prequels.
I would watch a Republic Commandoe movie!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #483
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
What a funny article...

Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #484
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or they're just trying to keep us distracted in order to keep episode 7 a secret

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #485
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Justin Bieber is....young Han Solo.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #486
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Justin Bieber is....young Han Solo.
I can see it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #487
regwec
Shakespearo

John Noble was a rare highlight in ROTK, and I would love to see more of his dark artistry. Team him up with James Purefoy and I'm as happy as a pig in ****.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #488
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Why is it awesome??

Boba Fett is hands down the most overrated character in the history of film. I don't get where all the fanboy love for this character comes from. Is it because he's a "cool", silent bounty hunter?
It's the armor and the fact he's a bounty hunter.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #489
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Quote:
Well, to be fair, they probably came up with the ideas for the spinoffs last month. It's mostly ideas so far.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #490
Marvolo
Side-Kick

John Noble Rumor is False.

Quote:
The dudes over at Moviehole have debunked the John Noble appearing in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII rumor. Turns out that not only did the DJs have no source to the rumor, they never actually said it. Thanks rumor-mongers!
Sorry folks.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #491
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:

Sorry folks.

Awww. Our first real information...was false. Oh well, it won't be the last I'm sure.

Although I'm readying myself for all the internet users who will come and claim "Well, Abrams lied, so this may not be false, just another lie to cover the tracks until they are ready to release it for real!"

Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #492
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Well the only reason I was slightly hesitant about it....has casting really even started yet? He's still working on STID so maybe John would come back in the mix. But JJ said nothing about this so it would not be like he said no then came back and said yes.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #493
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Yay, our first false rumor!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #494
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick

No the first false rumor was Lucas saying NO, to 7, 8 & 9...lol

Old 02-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #495
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/fallout-...rs-rpg-6403654

Obsidian the company who made Fallout New Vegas and KOTOR2: The Sith Lords is pitching an idea for a new Star Wars RPG set in between Episode III and IV. KOTOR 2 got a lot of bad rap, it actually was a good story and a great game, just they rushed the hell out of it so it was plagued with bugs. They did good with New Vegas though. So I have some hopes for this.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #496
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:

Sorry folks.

Darn!

Would have made an excellent villian.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #497
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

IGN Interviews Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg on Star Wars: Episode VII and Standalone Films

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #498
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Man, these next few years are going to be filled with fake rumor after fake rumor.

Oh well, atleast it gives up stuff to talk about.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #499
Octoberist
point blank

Here are some excerpts from the interview:

Quote:

Kasdan On His Reaction To Being Offered A Role In The New Star Wars Movies:

"I was pleased that there would be new ones, that there was a chance to capture some of the spirit of the original trilogy that I’d worked on. I thought there’s an audience out there -- my grandchildren, lots of original Star Wars people -- and there always will be. It’s only good that we try to do some more great ones."

Kasdan On Fans And Inevitable Rumors:

"They’re going to be fun. J.J. (Abrams)’s a great director for the first sequel. Perfect. We’re very happy to have him. The writers I’ve been working with -- Michael Arndt, who’s going to write the sequel, and Simon Kinberg, who has, like me, been sort of consulting -- they’re great. I’ve never really collaborated a lot, and I’ve never been a room with a bunch of writers thinking, “Well, what should this thing be?” It’s fun. It’s really fun. And J.J.’s a writer. Yeah, lovely guy. I’d met him but didn’t know him. But now I’m totally enamored by him. He’s really funny and so enthusiastic."

Kinberg On Working With Lawrence Kasdan And His Filmography:
"Raiders and The Empire Strikes Back were the two reasons I wanted to get into movies when I was a kid. I didn’t know that you could write movies, I didn’t know what the process was of making movies. I just knew I wanted to make movies like that. Then I found out he wrote Jedi, The Big Chill and ten other classic movies. He’s been an idol of mine from when I was a kid, through high school, through film school. I studied Raiders and Empire more than any other movies. I’ve watched each of them probably one hundred-plus times. He’s a lovely guy, and I’ve gotten to know him a bit. He’s as good a guy as he is a writer, which doesn’t happen all the time with your idols.

"It’s an amazingly surreal thing, to imagine Larry as a colleague, because he has been my idol my whole life. It’s like, if you grew up wanting to play basketball, and suddenly you’re on the team with Michael Jordan. Larry’s mind for screenwriting is sharper than anybody’s I’ve met. He’s the guy that wrote Raiders and Jedi and Body Heat and The Big Chill and Silverado -- he just has an innate understanding of storytelling, an essential understanding, unlike anything I’ve seen. ... It’s so very surreal for me to spend time with Larry and for Larry to know my name. Every time he says my name, I’m a little surprised and it feels like a thrill. So yeah, I’ve asked him questions, and he is great at telling stories about the process of making those movies that were the classics of our time and the bedrocks for us growing up."

Kinberg On His Approach To Film Projects As A Screenwriter:
"I honestly try to approach all of these movies -- whether it’s a title like X-Men or Sherlock Holmes or Star Wars -- as a fan. I try to block out the anxiety I feel if I worry too much about the responsibility, and I just try to focus on the fun of it and the reasons why I grew up reading X-Men comics and watching Star Wars movies and reading Sherlock Holmes stories, that first time I read or watched any of those things and why they were so magical to me. I try to honor that and return to that as I would a fan. That’s the way I feel. When I wake up in the morning and I’m working on an X-Men movie, it’s insane for me every day because I’m so excited to get to work."

Kinberg On The Rumors And Fanboys:

"I understand the interest in the movies, because I would be interested and I am interested as a pure fan. I’ve never seen a level of attention for a movie that isn’t in theaters yet as I have for Star Wars movies, and I understand why, because they are arguably the greatest stories and the biggest cultural benchmark of our time. They’re, for our generation, the movies that made many of us want to get into movies in the first place. So there is a level of passion and emotion connected to Star Wars that may be greater than other franchises. I try to not worry about speculation about the movies. I just think it’s great that there’s excitement about the movies. I’ve worked on movies where you have to generate excitement. This is one where the excitement is built in."

Kinberg On Working With Either New Or Establish Characters:

"This is what I would say: as a fan, I wouldn’t want to know too much. I know that’s impossible because it’s not the '70s or '80s anymore, but part of what was so exciting about A New Hope for me was I was entering into a universe I didn’t know. Even in Empire, I was surprised by a twist I never would have seen coming. But it’s different nowadays. I understand the excitement, and I’m happy that people are interested, obviously. But I’d rather people have something left to discover when they go in."

Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #500
samsnee
Side-Kick

Not sure where to put this, but Stuart Freeborn, who created Yoda in his own image, died. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned elsewhere.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/mo...t-98.html?_r=0

Closed Thread