Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #351
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
TASM2 does stand a strong chance of earning more in the BO than DOFP, but I'm still not so sure. X-Men movies do attract huge crowds(depends on the storyline and the mutants involved), even moreso than a few other cbms.
The highest an X men movie has made is 460M
Thats almost 300M lesser than the lowest grossing Spider-man movie

Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #352
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
That is clearly a morge door,not a locker.That thing in the middle is where they slip the name tags in and out of for when new bodies arrive.No Venom easter egg there.Looks like Gwen is dying in this movie.

What? How does that make any sense? Even if she were to die in this movie, do you really think they'd show her in the morgue? That's so gruesome and morbid and has no place in Spider-Man film. Gross.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #353
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
The highest an X men movie has made is 460M
Thats almost 300M lesser than the lowest grossing Spider-man movie
Good to know. Things can change, though.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #354
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
What? How does that make any sense? Even if she were to die in this movie, do you really think they'd show her in the morgue? That's so gruesome and morbid and has no place in Spider-Man film. Gross.
Spidey's determined to get one last kiss from Gwen... corpse or not.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #355
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Well didn't they say he was missing or something on the computer? Maybe he "died" and comes back as Green Goblin. Not literally of course.

But he wants to go into hiding [into the shadows], so he fakes his death, and continues to have his company work on a cure, and at some point becomes the Green Goblin.
This makes more sense, tbh. And fitting for the number 14.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #356
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Really i can't see TAS films closing out in 3rd film, it seems like the overall set up could allow at least 6 films, and could bring in a better vemon story, sinister 6 ect ect

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-07-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #357
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
If that picture turns out to be the symbiote im gunna be pissed at Webb for replacing Eddie with Harry.
ironically thats what the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon has done with the character, which i always thought was odd... maybe marvel know something we don't

but at same time i don't think its a locker in that picture

Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #358
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

1. Upon further inspection, I'm not so sure what that photo is of. I'm leaning more towards morgue locker, but certain details of it might suggest otherwise.

2. As far as X-Men: Days of Future Past goes, it has a very good chance of being the highest grossing cbm of 2014 and so does ASM2.

Yeah, none of the X-Men films so far have broken 500 million, but to be fair, the main trilogy came out during a time when the only cbms breaking 500 million were the Spider-Man films and the prequels weren't that hyped and, in Origins case, weren't that good.

DOFP is by far the most ambitious X-Film to date and will likely be marketed heavily and marketed as a summer event film. I see it doing very well. Whether it will do as well as ASM2 is uncertain right now. Both films are in the early stages with only the casts announced and few plot details released. Beyond that, there's nothing.

I don't think we'll know who has the edge until further on this year when filming for each starts to wrap and more concrete details are released. Probably around SDCC 2013 sometime when footage starts to be shown.

I expect both to do very well. They aren't in direct competition, so neither will affect the others B.O., So thats not a problem.

If there's any movie we should worry about, its Captain America: The Winter Soldier. However, that seems to be in trouble as far as production been pushed back by months.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 02-07-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #359
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Why would they show Geen in a morgue?Because maybe Peter needs to see her where he can be alone with with her so he can say some things,things he can't say at the funeral.Or maybe he can't wait for the funeral to see her.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #360
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

That works best at a cemetery, though. Peter talking to a cold corpse in a morgue because he couldn't wait to see her would just be... creepy.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #361
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

What if Peter thinks that he saved Gwen when she is thrown off the bridge and Peter webs her and he sees that he got her in time.Then Peter continues the battle with the villain.

Then after the fight Peter is home and finds out on the news that Gwen is dead and it doesn't make sense to him because he saved her so he has to go to the morgue to see it with his own eyes.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #362
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Quote:
Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns,
Hmmm..Not sure about this,It will feel odd with the 'Hey its my best friend who has suddenly appeared from nowhere'
I hope they have good explanation about why Harry wasnt in the first movie
Before this, I was thinking that now that Peter and Gwen split, she'd now be with Harry.

I'm still hoping for that, it would be pretty interesting if his romantic rival, who becomes his friend, is also the son of his future enemy, who is funding/arming his current enemies, at the same time he's befriending his future gf... a whole web of relationships. It would make things pretty rich.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 02-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #363
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Why would they show Geen in a morgue?Because maybe Peter needs to see her where he can be alone with with her so he can say some things,things he can't say at the funeral.Or maybe he can't wait for the funeral to see her.
Quote:
What if Peter thinks that he saved Gwen when she is thrown off the bridge and Peter webs her and he sees that he got her in time.Then Peter continues the battle with the villain.

Then after the fight Peter is home and finds out on the news that Gwen is dead and it doesn't make sense to him because he saved her so he has to go to the morgue to see it with his own eyes.

lol. Both of these suggestions are so wonderfully bizarre. Like I said, it'd be just completely creepy and weird. Not only for the characters in the film, but for the audience. You don't do that to a beloved character.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #364
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

Nope. That would take away the gravitas from Gwen's infamous death scene. Spidey needs to hold her in his arms.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #365
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post

I'm still hoping for that, it would be pretty interesting if his romantic rival, who becomes his friend, is also the son of his future enemy, who is funding/arming his current enemies, at the same time he's befriending his future gf... a whole web of relationships. It would make things pretty rich.
sounds bit like raimis films

Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #366
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
sounds bit like raimis films
Well, it's some of the same characters. And both films are drawing inspiration from the same comics.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #367
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Unless they completely change the circumstances of Gwen's death, I really doubt they're going to kill her off in this film.

If Paul Giamatti has a prominent role, which I'm betting he does based on the fact that they added him to the main cast and cast him as a seminal member of Spidey's rogues gallery, we likely already have 2 villains for this film; shoehorning Osborn/The Goblin into things would just be overkill and likely result in story sacrifices being made in post-production.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #368
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Did Richard Parker hide something in his body and we see someone take it out of him in the morgue.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #369
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Well, it's some of the same characters. And both films are drawing inspiration from the same comics.
Would be alot of criticism about how unoriginal it was if they went that direction again

although i wouldn't be surprised if maybe mary jane is dating harry while peter is dating gwen in this film though, would give mary jane more reason to be in the film and actually do something, as i can't think of much of a role for a redhead neighbour, well unless she is a friend of gwen that coud be possible

sometimes exceptions have to be made away from the comic book

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-07-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #370
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Did Richard Parker hide something in his body and we see someone take it out of him in the morgue.
Like in a flashback?

Old 02-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #371
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Would be alot of criticism about how unoriginal it was if they went that direction again

although i wouldn't be surprised if maybe mary jane is dating harry while peter is dating gwen in this film though, would give mary jane more reason to be in the film and actually do something, as i can't think of much of a role for a redhead neighbour, well unless she is a friend of gwen that coud be possible

sometimes exceptions have to be made away from the comic book
Hmm... Sounds okay too.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #372
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
1. Upon further inspection, I'm not so sure what that photo is of. I'm leaning more towards morgue locker, but certain details of it might suggest otherwise.

2. As far as X-Men: Days of Future Past goes, it has a very good chance of being the highest grossing cbm of 2014 and so does ASM2.

Yeah, none of the X-Men films so far have broken 500 million, but to be fair, the main trilogy came out during a time when the only cbms breaking 500 million were the Spider-Man films and the prequels weren't that hyped and, in Origins case, weren't that good.

DOFP is by far the most ambitious X-Film to date and will likely be marketed heavily and marketed as a summer event film. I see it doing very well. Whether it will do as well as ASM2 is uncertain right now. Both films are in the early stages with only the casts announced and few plot details released. Beyond that, there's nothing.

I don't think we'll know who has the edge until further on this year when filming for each starts to wrap and more concrete details are released. Probably around SDCC 2013 sometime when footage starts to be shown.

I expect both to do very well. They aren't in direct competition, so neither will affect the others B.O., So thats not a problem.

If there's any movie we should worry about, its Captain America: The Winter Soldier. However, that seems to be in trouble as far as production been pushed back by months.
Production hasn't been pushed back that's just people speculating about things they don't understand. Hemsworth didn't get a script until about a month before production as well.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #373
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

https://twitter.com/MarcW/status/299614562112651264

Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #374
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

Day 4 #dramamine

Quote:
EDIT: ****, beaten lol