The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #501
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

I can see Generico losing the mask.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #502
Hunter Rider
Ronin

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #503
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Disgusting.
I'm very disappointed it's not in Madison Square Garden to keep the theme of every ten years returning to where it all began. I was worried they weren't going to do it with Mania being in Jersey this year. None the less I still had hope they'd do the right thing as far as tradition goes, guess I expected too much outta WWE again.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #504
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

I think that this may be the best explanation of Pro Wrestling I've seen.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #505
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Rapper Kendrick Lamar + Roids = Big E Langston

Old 02-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #506
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I think the article was saying both may be booked for Summerslam, not that they would be facing each other, personally I think Rock's diminished mobility and the fact his Hollywood career takes a brutal match off the table mean he'd be a bad fit with the beast.
Ahh, okay. I must have read it wrong then.

I wonder who Rock would be feuding with for SummerSlam...

Old 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #507
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
I never thought I'd say this but I might actually start hating D-Bry.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #508
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Thinking back at wrestling memories I have/going through some of my wrestling DVDs&watching old clips on YouTube..I realize that WWF/E was never that great or was&is very overrated,I mean I've honestly been a wrestling fan since I was just 1yo But always thought WWF/E was the best in the world(except WCW)even though I was into different promotions growing up.

I've always thought the Golden Era was the best WWF/E era and still think so But as far as a wrestling company..NWA/AWA/WCCW/Mexico&Japan were truly better at the time IMO and then ECW&especially WCW and now TNA and especially the indies/Mezico&Japan are way better than current WWE.

I still care about WWF history and enough about current WWE to keep up with it(results&spoilers)Although I stopped watching since the Rumble and likely will be doing for a while,But I feel bad now for pretty much being a mark,I always knew Vince's company was more a circus than a wrestling pro option But I guess the fun&entertainment over the years blinded me

Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #509
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

No way in the world is Punk going to be the heel in a feud with Brock.

If given a choice between Punk/Ryback or adding Punk to the WWE main-event, adding him to the main-event is the smarter move. In New Jersey/New York, Punk would get cheered, Ryback would get booed out of the building, and might get a "You can't wrestle" chant. I can't imagine Vince wanting his new project to get that type of reception at the biggest show of the year.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #510
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
If given a choice between Punk/Ryback or adding Punk to the WWE main-event, adding him to the main-event is the smarter move. In New Jersey/New York, Punk would get cheered, Ryback would get booed out of the building, and might get a "You can't wrestle" chant. I can't imagine Vince wanting his new project to get that type of reception at the biggest show of the year.
You bring up a good point, but with Cena....it being in NJ/NY, will it be such a great idea for Cena to win the WWE title infront of that crowd?

Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #511
Zanham
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Seriously, that picture is really disturbing. It's so life like it's... really disturbing.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #512
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You bring up a good point, but with Cena....it being in NJ/NY, will it be such a great idea for Cena to win the WWE title infront of that crowd?
Oh, Cena's getting booed regardless, and I can't imagine no one in WWE hasn't anticipated this. They might be okay with it. It's been what...8 years of Cena getting mixed reactions?

But Ryback getting booed and jeered at by the crowd at Wrestlemania? They can't want that.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #513
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
no its not the entire main event isnt a good idea. the jersey crowd will crap all over this. and once cena wins and he will mania will leave the air under a cloud of boos

but that wont matter sure it'll be edited for raw the next night

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #514
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo View Post
Thats because Del Rio has the skill to actually stand up to more powerful heels (and look believable) and thus something to give him courage. We've all had the discussion before about how top faces often need SOMETHING special to sell to the fans to get them support. Some kind of superior ability. Del Rio has that in the ring. He has more to put him over as a main eventer while Miz is mid card at best right now.

I prefer Del Rio as a heel but so far he HAS been ok as a face when given good material. There's less thats special about Miz. Heel or face Del Rio can back up what he says in the ring. Miz is more believable as a chickensh** heel that needs to cheat to win.

Del Rio does look dangerous and I think he's a good wrestler. I've just found his character boring , but the storyline with Big Show is decent.

They tried to make Miz seem dangerous but creative went back and forth so many times it never went there. They could of sold Miz as a psychotic type at one point. I can't stand his promos. I thought it would get better if he turned face , but I find him just as annoying.

Quote:

I doubt Punk will ever get that win back off Triple H and he probably wont lose sleep over it in the way guys like Triple H, Bret and Hogan do.
I wouldn't be surprised if Punk is just biding time for an early retirement. He must of gotten a really nice contract because he seems to go with the flow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo View Post

The Rock and Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam?, Backstage News on Six-Man

By Marc Middleton on 02/07/2013

- There is talk of using both Brock Lesnar and The Rock at this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view. WWE really wants the Hollywood community to be part of SummerSlam's festivities and both stars would help make it seem like a bigger event.

- The reason why Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus, Ryback and John Cena at WWE Elimination Chamber won't be happening inside the Chamber is because it would be an elimination match and WWE doesn't want to have to eliminate five of their hottest Superstars right now.

Source: F4Wonline.com
I'd kill for Punk vs Brock at Summerslam. Not sure who Rock could face. Randal Orton?

If the Shield can beat the Cena's at the Elimination Chamber ppv it would put them into another category. I don't think they would look weak losing. It would kind of write them off before Wrestlemania though.

Quote:
For once I'd like to see the tradition and importance of the event to be put above Vince making a few extra bucks. To make it even worse New Orleans is not a City with a huge wrestling history.
I live to close to New Orleans so it would be affordable for me to see WM 30 live. It does get in the way of tradition , but won't irk me as much. I just hope the lights don't go out. That happened to us at WM24 coincidentally.

Also they need to call it Wrestlemania XXX. I think people will get over the name. Also it would be a good idea to bring back a Bra and Panties diva match.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #515
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Oh, Cena's getting booed regardless, and I can't imagine no one in WWE hasn't anticipated this. They might be okay with it. It's been what...8 years of Cena getting mixed reactions?

But Ryback getting booed and jeered at by the crowd at Wrestlemania? They can't want that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
no its not the entire main event isnt a good idea. the jersey crowd will crap all over this. and once cena wins and he will mania will leave the air under a cloud of boos

but that wont matter sure it'll be edited for raw the next night
But for anyone watching WM29, which they won't be able to edit then, it'll be a tough sight to see them putting the WWE title back around Cena's waist with the entire crowd just hammering him with 'boo's...and it won't make Vince happy at all.

And I wonder what Ryback will end up doing...he at least needs an opponent that the crowd just hates to lessen the 'Goldberg' chants and amp up the 'Feed Me More' chants.

Ryback feuding with 3MB maybe? Lol.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #516
bullets
bang bang

Quote:

I'm sure we'll get the same old Rise above Hate routine.

I just saw Jeff Hardy was added to the WWE.com alumni section. I suppose he's taking a break to work on his music.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #517
venom892
Got Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediblejeff View Post
I think that this may be the best explanation of Pro Wrestling I've seen.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
This is an excellent video.Every pro wrestling fan should show it to people who don't understand the appeal of wrestling.-

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #518
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanham View Post
Seriously, that picture is really disturbing. It's so life like it's... really disturbing.
It's just begging, begging, to be someone's avatar. But who can stomach it?

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #519
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
It's just begging, begging, to be someone's avatar. But who can stomach it?
I'd do it, but can't squeeze it all into any avi.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #520
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

double post

Last edited by Metallo; 02-07-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #521
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

I can't believe I'm sayin this but...Wes Briscos reasons for joining Aces & 8's actually make sense. But you'd have to know something about the history of Hogans early days and most people don't. At least they explained it. The Briscos did a lot for Hogan when he was first starting out. Nice way of weaving real history into a storyline.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #522
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
I'd do it, but can't squeeze it all into any avi.
Put up or shut up, man. Put up or shut up.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #523
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Aries and Roode are awesome together. Hilarious too. That was a great tag match.

Aries vs Chavo could be a good one on one singles match.

That little exchange between Ray and Hogan was actually interesting. Wonder what Hogan meant at the end there?

Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #524
JabarR
Side-Kick

Tessmacher does not disappoint when she wrestles and 'otherwise'!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #525
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Good KO match. Lord Alfred Hayes got a few welcome mentions tonight.

Man Rockstar Spud is small...but with a name like that I like him already. He's got good attitude.

Closed Thread