The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #701
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Yeah I'm not in total love with Uncanny Avengers..dont like delays , but it's more or less how dark and kinda gruesome the arc is...Prof X brain, mutants getting ripped up and kinda a bummer. It's a solid production..just not really loving it.

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #702
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I kinda wish these delays would happen more often so I could always be caught up AND save money hehe!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #703
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
There was a delay on uncanny avengers.
No. Way.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #704
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Me not buying Marvel Now is destroying my soul!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #705
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

My store put New Avengers #1 and Morbius #1 in my pull box and I finally read them last night. I had initially pretty much told them "I'll check out New Avengers, but get this Morbius out of my sight. It felt like the time the video store guy kept trying to give Peter Griffin What Dreams May Come when he was buying Road House. They told me as part of some special they had, Morbius was free with one of the other books I was getting, so I took it.

Morbius felt like way too much retread of ASM 699.1, which I already did not care for.

I really WANTED to like New Avengers, since it seems like a cool concept, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't know, I didn't really get into Avengers #1 either.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #706
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Me not buying Marvel Now is destroying my soul!
That's because you don't live in the greatest country in the world.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #707
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
I really WANTED to like New Avengers, since it seems like a cool concept, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't know, I didn't really get into Avengers #1 either.
You may wanna at least check out issue 2. I was kinda like you, still on the fence, and then I picked up the last issue and I was sold, and I'm not necessarily a fan of either Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Mr. Fantastic, or Iron Man. Right now I think New Avengers is better than Avengers, which I'm already considering dropping, and than Uncanny Avengers.

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4

Last edited by javi1024; 02-06-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #708
Donnie Darko

I think it being so Black Panther and ?New Universe? heavy didn't do it for me. I don't dislike Black Panther, but he is easily one of my least favorites in the New Avengers/Illuminati. Also, I think it is stupid that the book is called New Avengers. It only uses that title because of the sales "Avengers" brings to any book now (just like I refuse to consider Avengers Arena an "Avengers" book).

Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #709
Anubis
Sup?

Considering that everybody on the team is, you know, an Avenger, and long time Avenger at that, it kinda IS the Avengers.

Plus BP is the s**t. Not his fault he's had a rough few years. I blame Storm......filthy Mutie.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #710
Donnie Darko

Serious question: is Black Bolt really an Avenger?

And while I am not trying to say your post isn't true, but I feel like the Avengers status of Mr Fantastic and Namor is also a bit if a stretch right now.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #711
Havok83
Side-Kick

It feels as if Marvel wants every major character to be an Avenger. Almost how it felt like they wanted almost every mutant to be an X-men not too long go. The distinctions are definetly harder to make these days

Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #712
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
No. Way.

yes. way.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #713
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
It feels as if Marvel wants every major character to be an Avenger. Almost how it felt like they wanted almost every mutant to be an X-men not too long go. The distinctions are definetly harder to make these days
*Coughs* my one criticism of Bendis: he made the team (not characters) less personal.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #714
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
Serious question: is Black Bolt really an Avenger?
Nope, and Mr. Fantastic was a member only very briefly. This book should probably be "Secret Avengers", but oh well. A rose by any other blah blah blah...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
Old 02-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #715
Donnie Darko

That would actually make a lot more sense.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #716
Anubis
Sup?

But with the exception of those two, everybody else is an Avenger. Long time one at that. Even Namor.

The Inhumans have had a pretty good history with the Avengers thanks to Crystal's time as one and her marrying and getting knocked up by said Avenger.

And with Reed, you know, once an Avenger, always an Avenger. No matter how briefly.

So, you know, if you don't like it, that's your business. Haven't read it so couldn't present an opinion on the quality of the book anyway. But to sit there and say they aren't really Avengers, well, that's just some boos**t.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #717
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I would like Reed to join Avengers again.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #718
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I think New Avengers is fantastic, I haven't had too much exposure to Black Panther but on this book alone he is freakin cool. Freakin.

New Avengers and All New X-Men are probably my favorites right now, I need to go get #3 and #7!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #719
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
But with the exception of those two, everybody else is an Avenger. Long time one at that. Even Namor.

The Inhumans have had a pretty good history with the Avengers thanks to Crystal's time as one and her marrying and getting knocked up by said Avenger.

And with Reed, you know, once an Avenger, always an Avenger. No matter how briefly.

So, you know, if you don't like it, that's your business. Haven't read it so couldn't present an opinion on the quality of the book anyway. But to sit there and say they aren't really Avengers, well, that's just some boos**t.
Yeah... not agreeing with you on this one at all. You're an Avenger when you're an Avenger. Once an Avenger always an Avenger is a saying, not a fact. When was the last time anyone refered to Namor or Mr. Fantastic as Avengers? They just aren't. They USED to be Avengers, but not anymore. They both quit. Blackbolt has NEVER been an Avenger.

Cap, Iron Man, Beast, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther I'll give you though. They were all Avengers when New Avengers relaunched... BP a sort of reserved Avenger in adjectiveless Avengers.

Nonetheless... New Avengers is a horrible title for the book. Avengers: The Illuminati would have been the best title for the book. It says who they are and the group has enough Avengers in it to justify the subheading.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #720
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

I'm always down with the Black Bolt..yet I hate him at the same time. He's got a great look and it makes me warm and fuzzy with old school marvel kirby stuff just seeing him...

yet he is a total pr*ck..almost worse than namor becuase at least Namor is funny with it.

He is so tough to write with the non verbal aspect also...I'm still hoping and waiting for a quintessential story on him where i finally get him.

Anyone going to read Spencer's new Secret Avengers? It looks somewhat promising.

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #721
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

I like Spencer but hate some of the movie-verse stuff being shoveled in there. I'm content with my Avengers purchases, so unless I hear this book is a major sleeper hit, I'm gonna pass.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #722
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

So how does this AU thing work? I thought AU in the solicitations was just a subheading showing a crossover issue of an ongoing. But then, while looking over some solicitations, I noticed that there's a Fantastic Four #5 and a Fantastic Four #5AU. So... is this like a .1 issue that ties in with the Age of Ultron? Is it necessary to the ongoing Fantastic Four plot or is it skipable? Has this been explained?

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #723
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I like Spencer but hate some of the movie-verse stuff being shoveled in there. I'm content with my Avengers purchases, so unless I hear this book is a major sleeper hit, I'm gonna pass.
Yeah I'm getting irritated with the MMU going into the MCU. It should be the other way round . I love these films but I HATE the aftermath of it.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #724
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
So how does this AU thing work? I thought AU in the solicitations was just a subheading showing a crossover issue of an ongoing. But then, while looking over some solicitations, I noticed that there's a Fantastic Four #5 and a Fantastic Four #5AU. So... is this like a .1 issue that ties in with the Age of Ultron? Is it necessary to the ongoing Fantastic Four plot or is it skipable? Has this been explained?
Yes, it's skippable. AU is its own self-contained series with tie in issues released separately from the main comics itself. I don't even know if I'd call it a .1 issue because as far as I can tell AU takes place in an alternate universe (which ties into New Avengers and upcoming INFINITY event).

Old 02-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #725
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I'm going to try out Age of Ultron, as long as my wallet is okay with it hehe.