Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #251
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10
Whoever came up with the idea that they should do a Planet Hulk film for the MCU but have Thanos being responsible for sending him up there instead and avoid having a World War Hulk film where Hulk goes into battle with all of the other heroes; I applaud and fully support that route.

Honestly, I’m tired of seeing the Hulk as either a misunderstood character or a neutral form of chaos where he’s placed in convenient situations that aims his anger at the enemy as opposed to the good guys.

I want to see the Hulk portrayed as somewhat more intelligent and more of a prominent force for good and how he overcomes the whole obstacle of getting the majority to eventually see that he his a force for good and not the monster that they keep making him out to be just because of his appearance and temper at times.
What about the setup they had in the last Hulk film with The Leader? Also, out of all the guys they have to choose from for the Avengers to face, it would be boring to have the villain be Hulk in Part 3. Assuming we get Thanos for Part 2, I want to see something new, like a team of villains like the Masters of Evil.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #252
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

At this point in the history of the character there shouldn't even be Three's Company-ish misunerstandings between Hulk and the other heroes, yet writers still find ways to integrate it. Even when Wolverine and Thing went to go find Hulk in that one story and Thing asks Logan if they should just hear Banner's side of the story before attacking him, Logan just gives him a deadpan look like he's a moron for even thinking it.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #253
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Where's a meme of Sean bean as Boromir when you need one for posts like these.lol
I don't know, but I need it to include my Blonde-Wig Thanos avatar over there <------ (courtesy of Jaqua99)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #254
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

I personally feel Planet Hulk's something they should only do if they are 100% certain it's the right direction for Hulk. They already have the Leader set up, plus in the public's eyes the Hulk helped save Earth during the Chitauri invasion. Would seem a little odd for him to then be sent into space.

I wrote up this idea for the 'scoop' if it were to happen in the MCU thread, If anybody's interested, here it is
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
I didn't mean to write this much, but ended up doing so. Some of my ideas for how this Planet Hulk / World War Hulk 'scoop' could work.

Here’s how I could see it playing out:

• End of the Avengers 2, Banner is sent into Space to investigate some potentially dangerous gamma rays around a satellite. We don’t physically see him leave in the film.
• Planet Hulk, Banner leaves, is in space. Whilst investigating, the Council activate some controls that send Banner’s ship spiralling out of control, and with technology similar to Iron Man’s deep space suit, shoots out across the Galaxy. Banner hulks out whilst this is happening from stress.
• The ship smashes into an alien planet, Sakaar. Hulk smashes out of his ship, and is confronted by guards. They fight him, and Hulk fights back. More guards eventually overwhelm him, and Hulk is taken.
• Banner awakens in a cell, where he meets other gladiators. This is where we’re introduced to the members of the Warbound. Banner is informed he will have to fight gladiator battles for the ‘Red King’. Guards eventually come, provoke Banner. He Hulks out, and is then sent out into the arena. He fights various foes. Basically from this point on the story can follow the basic Planet Hulk story. The pact is formed between him and the other gladiators.
• Here’s where we could change the story. Obviously Marvel can’t use the Silver Surfer because of Fox. However, I feel his role should be replaced with ‘the Other’, who at some point was sent to this planet to find one of the gems in Thanos’ quest for all six infinity gems for the gauntlet. The Red King is in possession of one. Hulk breaks the obedience disk on the Other (who reveals he was never truly under the Red King’s control) but however can now contact Thanos, as he is ‘free’. HE is then the one to offer to bring Hulk back to Earth, under certain conditions. However Hulk, carried away from the battle, declines to leave, whereas Banner would have. The Other then escapes. The Warbound go on the run from the Red King, who actively hunts them after they escape. Continue normal Planet Hulk story.
• This idea isn’t actually my own, it was first mentioned I believe in the Iron Man 3 thread, but I liked it. The Red King is revealed to be the Red Skull, who was transported to Sakaar after his fight with Captain America in CA:TFA. He enslaved the people and created an empire, just like he’d wanted to rule Earth. Of course if Red Skull shows up at some point before this, the Red King will be someone else. They have an Infinity Gem. Hulk defeats the Red King, and the people all wish to appoint him new king. The Other then confronts Hulk again. He demands the gem. They fight, and the other places a reprogramed Obedience Disk on Hulk. The escapes Sakaar and takes Hulk with him.
• In the ending scenes, we see Hulk in a distant galaxy. HE is then confronted by Thanos, who manipulates him into believing that the Council had since him leaving destroyed Sakaar, and that it was the Avengers who had agreed to this plan. Having angered the Hulk Thanos then uses the Obedience Disk to control Hulk.

And this is where it would lead into The Avengers 3. Rather than full on WWH, we’d get elements of it. Hulk vs. The Avengers and Thanos aquring the Gauntlet would be the intro. to the film, then the rest full on Avengers vs. Thanos.

• Thanos sends Hulk back to Earth. Hulk, still under Thanos’ influence, attacks the Avengers and the council, causing chaos. He defeats both, destroying the council completely. This draws Thor to Earth, allowing Thanos to invade Asgard, and steal the Gauntlet. He then places the gems into it, and then we have our Infinity Gauntlet story. Hulk will eventually be contained and told that Thanos had manipulated him, Thor learns of the gauntlet being stolen, and then we have Avengers vs. Thanos for the rest of the film.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #255
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
At this point in the history of the character there shouldn't even be Three's Company-ish misunerstandings between Hulk and the other heroes, yet writers still find ways to integrate it. Even when Wolverine and Thing went to go find Hulk in that one story and Thing asks Logan if they should just hear Banner's side of the story before attacking him, Logan just gives him a deadpan look like he's a moron for even thinking it.
The old ditch logic for a superhero fight tactic

Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #256
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
If the cosmic heroes come into play, it'd most likely be during the third act of the movie & they'll just show up to fight. The Avengers would still be the focus of the movie.
I agree with this. Having the GOTG in there as well would take too much focus off the Avengers, IMO.

Plus, I don't really like the fact that them being there would probably limit expanding the Avengers roster.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #257
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I agree with this. Having the GOTG in there as well would take too much focus off the Avengers, IMO.

Plus, I don't really like the fact that them being there would probably limit expanding the Avengers roster.
Unless there weren't plans to expand the Avengers roster that much after all.

At this point, I don't see any evidence mounting to support anyone other than Falcon and *maybe* War Machine getting their Avenger Club Cards in TA2. Characters like (Gi)Ant-Man, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Vision, Mar-Vell, Tigra, She-Hulk, Mockingbird, Moon Knight, Spider-Woman, Quasar, Justice, Triathlon, Jack of Hearts, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Daredevil or anybody else are almost certainly Phase III at the earliest.

I certainly don't see any of the Guardians being invited to join the Avengers officially; but they sure as hell will be needed to defeat Thanos. At this point, I think it's inevitable that TA2 is going to actually be an Avenger-Guardian team-up.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #258
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

They could use Mockingbird in the SHIELD tv show.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #259
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
They could use Mockingbird in the SHIELD tv show.
I really hope she does show up.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #260
Namor!
The Submariner!!!

I hope there is some references to Namor in the Shield tv show.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #261
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

At this point, I don't see any evidence mounting to support anyone other than Falcon and *maybe* War Machine getting their Avenger Club Cards in TA2. Characters like (Gi)Ant-Man, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Vision, Mar-Vell, Tigra, She-Hulk, Mockingbird, Moon Knight, Spider-Woman, Quasar, Justice, Triathlon, Jack of Hearts, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Daredevil or anybody else are almost certainly Phase III at the earliest.
I think there's still a chance that the Pyms could show up in some capacity. But otherwise, I'd agree they really haven't opened any oppurtunities for many more new characters.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #262
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

I certainly don't see any of the Guardians being invited to join the Avengers officially; but they sure as hell will be needed to defeat Thanos. At this point, I think it's inevitable that TA2 is going to actually be an Avenger-Guardian team-up.
Pretty much. Avengers are going to be 7 man team at best with Guardians and maybe Nova and Warlock teaming up with them.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #263
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I still think we're going to see Ms. Marvel in the SHIELD show, paving her way to becoming the newest Avenger. It makes too much sense. They need a bridge to connect the two properties and she's the perfect character to do it.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #264
Mr. Dent
Banned User

It doesn't make that much sense. For one thing, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel would work best with their own movie. For another, Carol is not a SHIELD agent. Clark Gregg already connects the two. Emily VanCamp will almost certainly be in the show at some point. Same for Cobie Smulders. Wendell Vaughn has a better chance of being set-up in the SHIELD show than Carol.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #265
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

They already did it on EMH. Mar-Vell was a SHIELD scientist and Carol was assisting him. That entire storyline is basically a blueprint for what should happen with the SHIELD show. Since they're not going to directly interact with the Avengers or their villains, having SHIELD investigate a possible Kree threat is a perfect storyline to bring a new Avenger into the fold. Plus, Whedon already said he wants more females on the team in A2. Ms. Marvel is the best bet.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #266
Chewy
REDACTED

Carol is director of SHIELD in the later Ultimates stuff

Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #267
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I also hope that we'll have actual scenes where the ENTIRE team is fighting in the same area/place since I was kind of disappointed that we never got a moment where we had all of them charging at the enemy at the same time.

I also hope that whoever the main villain is this time around, will give everyone a good fight and really take everyone to their limits and beyond.

Loki was bested by too many of the heroes in rather easy ways imho in "The Avengers".

Old 02-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #268
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
They already did it on EMH. Mar-Vell was a SHIELD scientist and Carol was assisting him. That entire storyline is basically a blueprint for what should happen with the SHIELD show. Since they're not going to directly interact with the Avengers or their villains, having SHIELD investigate a possible Kree threat is a perfect storyline to bring a new Avenger into the fold. Plus, Whedon already said he wants more females on the team in A2. Ms. Marvel is the best bet.
It "shouldn't" happen. It could, but I bet it won't nor would it be the best solution for Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel. Like I said, they need their own film. There's no reason to rush her onto the team. And wanting another female doesn't mean he'll realistically be able to put one on the team. Gamora will be in the movie as well anyway.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #269
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Having her featured on SHIELD is just as good as her having her own film. It wouldn't be rushing her onto the team, not if she's an ongoing character on TV. It's a natural progression.

You don't think Whedon will get a female onto the team? Who's going to tell him no?

Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #270
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Having her featured on SHIELD is just as good as her having her own film. It wouldn't be rushing her onto the team, not if she's an ongoing character on TV. It's a natural progression.

You don't think Whedon will get a female onto the team? Who's going to tell him no?
No it wouldn't. In order to have Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel has to come first. In order to have Captain Marvel you must have space and Kree involved. No way are they going to do the type of intensive CGI necessary for that on a TV show. I don't care if he's posing as a SHIELD scientist, in the end they would still have to address that. And it just doesn't make sense not to try and capitalize on Captain/Ms. Marvel with a movie when they have the potential for it, nor does it make sense to have one of your major Avengers members established on a TV show. It's not happening.

It's not a matter of someone telling him no, it's what works with the story. There are no female Avengers for him to set up in time for A2. I already explained why Ms. Marvel would be a bad idea. It doesn't make sense to have Wasp before the Ant-Man film that is already dated for release.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 02-10-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #271
Chewy
REDACTED

I honestly have no idea why anyone thinks all of the Guardians will be showing up here. It makes a heck of a lot more sense to introduce a single new character in Avengers 2 than in does to take a half dozen characters from the Guardians movie and stuff them into Avengers 2.

This is a movie, not a comic. It's a major disservice both to this film and those characters to shove them all in this movie, instead of allowing the Avengers themselves time to continue to grow and develop as an ensemble.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #272
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I honestly have no idea why anyone thinks all of the Guardians will be showing up here. It makes a heck of a lot more sense to introduce a single new character in Avengers 2 than in does to take a half dozen characters from the Guardians movie and stuff them into Avengers 2.

This is a movie, not a comic. It's a major disservice both to this film and those characters to shove them all in this movie, instead of allowing the Avengers themselves time to continue to grow and develop as an ensemble.
We're working under the assumption that TA2 pits them against Thanos, obviously. And if Thanos is the Big Bad for TA2, there's simply no way you could introduce him and the characters (good and bad) surrounding him in GOTG in 2014, then have him show up again less than a year later and not have the Guardians referenced again. They don't have to take up a lot of face time; this *is* an Avengers film, after all. But they should certainly be part of the proceedings in helping the Avengers find the Mad Titan's achilles heel.

Without the Guardians in play, the Avengers would be flying blind against Thanos.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #273
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

You're right, this is a movie, and that's why a dozen heroes works. If they were trying to go for a straight up adaptation of the comics then this movie would have at least 2 dozen heroes in it; instead they're going for a smaller, tighter event. I've already explain why having the Guardians in the film would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm sure Joss can handle it. Some characters like Groot and Rocket Racoon don't need any development in the movie or much screen time besides comic relief once or twice. Drax and Gamora only need to be explicitly focused on in the Thanos fight, same with Adam Warlock if he is in the film. The only cosmic character that really needs to be focused on throughout the film if the Guardians are a major part in it is Star Lord...and maybe Nova if he is in the film (as he should be).

As for the Avengers themselves, we've already seen them assemble so that part is out of the way. Now comes the testing of the team. At first you would think this would mean that the team needs even heavier focus, but not necessarily. It's possible Whedon found a way to torture the team that doesn't require the need to be sparked by one event and doesn't need the team to be in one area like in the Avengers, and would naturally involve the Guardians as well. Not to mention the ultimate culmination will probably not come until the tail end of the movie anyway.
You also seem to be working under the assumption that A2 will bring the Avengers closer as a team, which isn't necessarily the case. Furthermore, it would not be a disservice to have the Guardians in the film considering Thanos is their villain and is directly related to Drax and Gamora.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 02-10-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #274
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I think a lot of the audience for Avengers 1 didn't necessarily know there was an actual team of the same name but thought Marvel were merely combining all their heroes into one big event movie and calling it the Avengers. This is even more the case in he UK where the film was called Marvel Avengers Assemble. Substitute the word Heroes for Avengers and you'd think it even more.

So having all the Guardians team up with the heroes from the first film will make the audience think that Marvel are just teaming up more heroes and that the Guardians are now part of the same team.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #275
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I think a lot of the audience for Avengers 1 didn't necessarily know there was an actual team of the same name but thought Marvel were merely combining all their heroes into one big event movie and calling it the Avengers. This is even more the case in he UK where the film was called Marvel Avengers Assemble. Substitute the word Heroes for Avengers and you'd think it even more.
I really doubt this.

Closed Thread