Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #601
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Default Re: Elder Scrolls V - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
Elder Scolls Online is being handled by Zenimax, not Bethesda. And I'm sure they've already started working on FO4. They have their teams working on different projects just like any studio.

I know that. What i meant to say was, it's unlikely they'll start promoting FO4 while Elder scroll online was just starting. It's sensible for them to focus on one thing before throwing two different, big projects at the consumers, at the same time... Most likely it'll be the end of this year or early next year that we'll start hearing some concrete news about FO 4

Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #602
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I just bought a pretty good pc (for games only)! Finally I will find out what all this mod crap is lol.

Congrats!

let us know if you need any help or hints regarding mods.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #603
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
Not sure how I'd feel about a space them though. Even if it's post-apocalyptic, Fallout covers the spacey sci-fi vibe pretty well with laser guns, 50's robots, and aliens. I'd want a different gameplay style. Elder scrolls is swords, and bows. Fallout is guns, lasers, and blunt objects. So something not following those two formula's.
I'd be happy with anything honestly, but when I say 'space/sci-fi' I mean less Mars Attacks and more like Star Trek. A less campy futuristic theme with a lot of cold metal ships and neat alien races to play as.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #604
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

`How bout a Bethesda style superhero RPG?

Open world, the ability to be either a superhero or a villain and build your career accordingly, using FO 3/NV karma/reputation system.

And don't forget the abilty to fully custmize your character...and followers!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #605
Fading
>:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I'd be happy with anything honestly, but when I say 'space/sci-fi' I mean less Mars Attacks and more like Star Trek. A less campy futuristic theme with a lot of cold metal ships and neat alien races to play as.
I just meant I didn't want to see anything resembling what we already have, but I can see your point. As long as it's immersive, move anything, second life, Beth style I'm sure it'd be fine. Heck, I could even see them pull off something like GTA. Modern city life with some undercover agent cop, or drug dealing low life faction paths.

Speaking of Star Trek, I'm still waiting for a good game from the series. I remember liking a Voyager FPS for PC awhile back, but every other Star Trek game seems to disappoint. Especially the MMO from what I've heard. So yeah, I guess I'd be down for a Star Trek style sim from Beth. Living on a ship, landing on random planets with hostile aliens. I could see Beth pulling off a massive game like that.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #606
Drz
Real Hero

I'm no expert on Elder Scrolls lore so i was hoping someone could assist:

Mer/Elves are suppose to be able to live for centuries, even longer than that by some races, so say you have a young character in Elder Scrolls Online, how old would he/she look in Skyrim? Middle Age? Wrinkled & Old? Pretty Young still?

And lastly, how long do Orcs live? They're elves too, so centuries?

Old 01-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #607
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
Congrats!

let us know if you need any help or hints regarding mods.
Well I know zero about it so anything would be a start.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #608
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Well, first order of bussiness is to register to the Nexus site.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

Don't worry, it's free. next, when you've purchased the game from Steam, let me know and i'll tell you what to do next.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #609
Fading

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1795300..._revealed.html

PS3 DLC release dates just in case. All 3 will be 50% off on the week each releases.

Dragonborn releases Tuesday, February, 12
Hearthfire releases Tuesday, February, 19
Dawnguard releases Tuesday, February, 26

Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #610
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Just purchased Dragonborn yesterday! so i'm damn excited to get the whole thing started!

The bad news is, after 60 plus hours, 40 something levels that i've been preparing my character for this DLC,i installed a mod that basically corrupted ALL my saves!

So now i've got no choice but to start all over again...bu now i think i've got a more..well rounded story for my character and that helps a little with starting all over again...

Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #611
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

So, any PS3 players got Dragonborn today?

Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #612
Frosty81
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did you get it for the 360 or PS3? I am tempted to get it tonight but don't want to ruin my level 42 Simba.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #613
Fading

Quote:
I did. So far it runs just fine, and you can't beat $10. I'm liking it so far. I think what was most memorable was the Reikling riding on a boar. When I first saw that I cracked up. Not fond of the looks of the new armor though.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #614
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did you get it for the 360 or PS3? I am tempted to get it tonight but don't want to ruin my level 42 Simba.
I got it for the PC. I was planning to finish Dawnguard first then starts Dragonborn, but my saves got kaput, so now it's brand new character and Dragonborn is the first DLC i'm doing.Not the way i was planning, but...

Quote:
I did. So far it runs just fine, and you can't beat $10. I'm liking it so far. I think what was most memorable was the Reikling riding on a boar. When I first saw that I cracked up. Not fond of the looks of the new armor though.
Glad to hear it's working fine so far. Gotta agree with the Reikling,they're awesome! fun to fight too...especially the way they popped outta the snow!

Heh..and the werebears! loved the fact that they turned humans when you killed them!

I haven't really use any of the new armor. I think i'm going to like the new Nordic armor though...and i like how the Chitlin armor got some kind of scarf on it.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #615
Fading

It's mainly the helmets that bother me. They have an elongated back. It makes it look like you're wearing a mudcrab on your head. Then again, I rarely go out of 1st person, so I'm not sure why armor graphics bother me so much, lol. I picked up a set off of a bandit, but put it in my chest. If I wear the armor, I'd like to craft it (if I can) first, like I did the Shivering Isles sets. Feels a bit more special like that, rather than stripping some poor slob naked, and wearing his gear. I'm on my second thief (re-started one), so I don't have my good armor, but I'm not sure if the new armor is an upgrade from what I already have since I haven't looked at it's stats yet.

Last edited by Fading; 02-14-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #616
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Yeah, the elongated neck is a bit off putting, but i don't really mind.

I play 3rd person, so how the armors looks is important to me. And i really like the scarf.

I also like the Skaal hunter armor. It's simple and looks kinda like an Eskimo wear.Really like it.

Hehe about the crafting thing, it's the same with me. It's more...satisfying if you have to craft them yourself.

Have you found the Skaall blade yet? it's now my fav weapon from all of Skyrim!

Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #617
Fading

Yeah, found it. Also found a heavy helm with some breath attack, but not going to use it as I'm light armor. Speaking of that blade though, the puzzles in this are far better than in vanilla Skyrim so far. I've encountered 2 puzzles, other being in dwenmer ruins. I haven't had the time to do anything outside of those two ruins yet. Other than fund a 1000 ruin expedition, and see a lot of ppl talking about dreams.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #618
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Everytime I see video of Elder Scrolls Online I just feel so underwhelmed. It just looks so.....generic....

Old 02-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #619
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Thanks for sharing that twice.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #620
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

@Fading

Yeah...alot of things in Dragonborn is better than vanilla Skyrim.The puzzles ...and the enemies! love the Riekling and the ash spawns! The puzzle in the mine where you get the Skaal sword got me stumped for a bit. But after figuring it out, i was impressed by the design...

Another thing though....i've bought Lydia with me, and during battle, she suddenly said things i haven't heard her say before;

'for Whiterun!'

'I've come all this way just to kill you!'

'I didn't come here just to get killed!'

Hmmm

Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #621
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Well, first order of bussiness is to register to the Nexus site.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

Don't worry, it's free. next, when you've purchased the game from Steam, let me know and i'll tell you what to do next.
I'm sorry man. I actually haven't got time any more to buy & play through Skyrim again now on PC but will definitely be up for this when there's a future PC game we both get, hopefully something before the next Elder Scrolls game.

Quote:
Just purchased Dragonborn yesterday! so i'm damn excited to get the whole thing started!

The bad news is, after 60 plus hours, 40 something levels that i've been preparing my character for this DLC,i installed a mod that basically corrupted ALL my saves!

So now i've got no choice but to start all over again...bu now i think i've got a more..well rounded story for my character and that helps with starting all over again...
Damn!!! Sorry mate. That's terrible.

The risk of losing the whole campaign is not something I'm going to take lightly especially as I'm a 1 character guy and put everything into that 1 character (over 200 hours on 360). How common is this corruption thing with mods? Also why does it corrupt all your saves rather than just the one you're using when you **** up?

Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #622
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

`The corruption thing with mod is pretty common, sadly. Thats why it's important to read through comments before installing any mods.

Well, it's started with saves that you first installed that mod. Thing is, sometimes you don't get the problem until much later on.By then, you'd be like 30 hours, and maybe 30 saves later...by then all the saves that you've made since you've installed that mod will be corrupted and there's nothing you can do, really.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #623
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so, anyone here download the latest patch and Dragonborn DLC for the PS3?

have they finally fixed the performance issues on the PS3?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #624
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

`Fading here plays on PS3...and according to him, it plays just fine

Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #625
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

^ good to hear!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!