The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #901
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 511
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

I'm so excited about Hawkeye! I can't wait for GOTG and still hoping Black Widow will show up...

ericadawn16 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #902
tdeverea
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 364
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicWarrior View Post
The Spectacular Spider-Man was pretty much discribed by you right there, along with the entertaining factor...
So no... that really doesn't count for anything.

Spectactular S-M was definitely well-written and entertaining. Ground-breaking, thought-provoking, and deep? No.

tdeverea is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #903
spida-man
THE AMAZING
 
spida-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: on the web :P
Posts: 3,909
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

At first I was interested in the show, I liked it, then I hated it, now it's decent again.

I feel like this:

It's no Spectacular Spider-Man, but it's better than the 60s, 80s, and especially the MTV series IMHO.

You have to look at it like this: It's not a SERIOUS show like any of the comics.

It's an action/comedy show. Not a serious action/drama show.

Think of it as Spider-Man and his ULTIMATE friends.

After all the original shows were EXTREMELY corny, a little campy, and some of the jokes were silly and dull.

That's how you gotta view this show

__________________
"Uncool! Do you know what these Spider-Suits cost?!"
spida-man is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #904
spida-man
THE AMAZING
 
spida-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: on the web :P
Posts: 3,909
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

also anybody noticed this before?


__________________
"Uncool! Do you know what these Spider-Suits cost?!"
spida-man is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #905
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority
 
DawnWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,235
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
Spectactular S-M was definitely well-written and entertaining. Ground-breaking, thought-provoking, and deep? No.
I disagree. It was groundbreaking in several ways, like having an enormous cast that plumbed the depths of Spidey's supporting cast and rogue's gallery (true, the 90's show did it first, but Spec took it further). And by having every single character be someone from the comics. And by making Gwen Stacy a main character. And by having the series play out over a clearly defined and specific time frame. And the show also upped the ante with the action scenes, which helped make way for Avengers:EMH to take it even further.

Thought-provoking is a little harder to nail down, but for my part I never thought much about how Venom's monster-mouth works before (I've decided it's an optical illusion). I never thought about how Aunt May pays the bills (probably social security, for starters.) I liked how each of Peter's classmates is well-rounded and has a unique relationship with Peter. I liked how he kind of has three father figures (Captain Stacy, Norman Osborn, and Jameson). Maybe it's just me getting older that I'm noticing these things.

And just because the show was packed with action doesn't mean it wasn't deep. To be fair, I didn't think it was deep either at first, but it has the most developed version of Flash, the most developed version of Eddie Brock, and even Jameson has to go through some development before he wants to destroy Spider-Man at all costs (at first he has no interest in him besides publicity). There are lots of moments where Peter is tested as a person, such as when he meets Tombstone and realizes that fighting super-villains isn't making a difference in the long run, or when he realizes his feelings for Gwen, or when he came across Uncle Ben's killer again. And look over Season 2, where they're putting on the play, and see how it's used to frame each episode, especially "Growing Pains" where the auditions subtly comment on the action, or "Opening Night" where the play's dialogue does the same thing. This show may not have been serious all the time, but it had depth to spare.

Okay, rant over. My 2 cents, thanks for your time.

__________________
Leonard: When I directed Star Trek IV, I got a magnificent performance out of Bill because I respected him so much.
Bill: And when I directed Star Trek V, I got a magnificent performance out of me because I respected me so much!

Last edited by DawnWarrior; 02-10-2013 at 01:02 AM.
DawnWarrior is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #906
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: brisbane, Australia
Posts: 11,900
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

makes me upset emh didn't get toys but it they showed some usm toys today
http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.p...0&itemid=15775

__________________
General Public: (on seeing tdkr multiple times) You Don't owe these people anymore...... you've given them EVERYTHING!!
DF: *Batman voice*: Not everything......Not Yet

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #907
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority
 
DawnWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,235
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post
also anybody noticed this before?

I will give the USM gang props. That is pretty cool.

__________________
Leonard: When I directed Star Trek IV, I got a magnificent performance out of Bill because I respected him so much.
Bill: And when I directed Star Trek V, I got a magnificent performance out of me because I respected me so much!
DawnWarrior is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #908
spida-man
THE AMAZING
 
spida-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: on the web :P
Posts: 3,909
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

I feel like some jerk at Hasbro is trolling me. I remmeber a few years ago I sent them an email about spidey figures I'd love to see. One of which was a figure of the suit from spider-Man Unlimited. they made a very crappy one for the 3.75" figure line and now they got one coming out for USM:



Guess I should've been more specific and asked for a Marvel Legends quality figure of the nano-tech suit -.-'

__________________
"Uncool! Do you know what these Spider-Suits cost?!"
spida-man is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #909
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick
 
GoldGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California(The Golden State)
Posts: 14,507
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

This episode with the Sinister Six was a huge piece of crap,I give it a 1/10.It was a huge mess.Spectacular Spider-Man's episode Sinister Six fight is way better than this.

GoldGoblin is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #910
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick
 
darthcoolness3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 339
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

I give the Sinister Six episode a 20/10. it was so awesome

darthcoolness3 is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #911
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick
 
GoldGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California(The Golden State)
Posts: 14,507
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoolness3 View Post
I give the Sinister Six episode a 20/10. it was so awesome
^
How so,are you 5 years old?

GoldGoblin is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #912
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,087
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Watching the Hunter episode now, for the first time
Kraven hunting someone other than Spidey, interesting
Everything about Ava in this episode will be ignored later, like the two episodes that follow, correct?

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
shaxper is not guilty
Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Spider-Aziz is online now  
Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #913
tdeverea
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 364
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Watching the Hunter episode now, for the first time
Kraven hunting someone other than Spidey, interesting
Everything about Ava in this episode will be ignored later, like the two episodes that follow, correct?

Incorrect. In the Sinister Six episode, it is acknowledged that Kraven is Ava's primary enemy, based on the scene when the team members switch opponents to change the momentum of the fight. No details from previous episodes are ever ignored in later episodes. It's all connected. Don't make stuff up just because you don't like the show.

tdeverea is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #914
tdeverea
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 364
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
^
How so,are you 5 years old?

Why are you attempting to belittle people for their opinion of the show?

tdeverea is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #915
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,087
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
Incorrect. In the Sinister Six episode, it is acknowledged that Kraven is Ava's primary enemy, based on the scene when the team members switch opponents to change the momentum of the fight. No details from previous episodes are ever ignored in later episodes. It's all connected. Don't make stuff up just because you don't like the show.
I don't dislike the show, I was asking about a detail if it was ignored in episodes 5 & 6 of this season, the older season had a bit of a knack for that

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
shaxper is not guilty
Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Spider-Aziz is online now  
Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #916
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick
 
darthcoolness3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 339
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

and GoldGoblin, I am 15 years old

darthcoolness3 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #917
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,615
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
No details from previous episodes are ever ignored in later episodes. It's all connected. Don't make stuff up just because you don't like the show.
Remember when Alex was regretful of being the Rhino and was implied that he had reformed?

Remember when Electro lost his blue powered-up form and powers?

Because this episode didn't.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is online now  
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #918
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,636
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
Incorrect. In the Sinister Six episode, it is acknowledged that Kraven is Ava's primary enemy, based on the scene when the team members switch opponents to change the momentum of the fight. No details from previous episodes are ever ignored in later episodes. It's all connected. Don't make stuff up just because you don't like the show.
Thank tdeverea, exactly. People who are trying to deny the show has a sense of continuity are just on the "WE HATE LOEB AND USM" bandwagon.

I thought the Sinister Six episode was good. They actually built to this episode which felt like a sort of quarter season finale of sorts. I appreciated that they acknowledged that Lizard/Connors knows who Spider-Man is, though Doc Ock wasn't aware he knew that. I thought the ending was pretty compelling. The Lizard doesn't betray Spider-Man but he goes off on his own. I like that they are making Lizard/Connors a more important character this season going off of his appearance in Amazing Spider-Man.

Most surprising moment was Spider-Man ripping Octopus' tentales off. Wasn't really expecting that but I liked it.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 02-19-2013 at 12:00 PM.
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #919
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,087
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Thank tdeverea, exactly. People who are trying to deny the show has no sense of continuity are just on the "WE HATE LOEB AND USM" bandwagon.
Again, I'm not a hater, it's easy to see continuity is here, it's also easy to see when some stuff aren't done right when it comes to caring for continuity

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
shaxper is not guilty
Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Spider-Aziz is online now  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #920
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick
 
bigdaddy313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 712
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Thank tdeverea, exactly. People who are trying to deny the show has no sense of continuity are just on the "WE HATE LOEB AND USM" bandwagon.
For the love of GOD please can you STOP! He was talking about character development continuity issue which is not the shows mandate or main priority, they concentrate more on fun, kid comedy and exiting fights, it's the way it is.

Obviously IMO from what I have gathered from you, is you are a heavy dedicated Jeph Loab and Marvel fan. I know you, you are in the toonzone forum as well and when Disney XD gave their ratings and someone said EMHS did better than Ultimate Spider-man, you almost bit this head off to the point he was apologizing and the funny thing is, he was someone who actually loves and is a big fan of USM.

You generalize anyone who says just one negative thing about the show as a so called "HATER". Heck you even attacked me for explaining why the so called "HATERS" don't like they show and you branded me as a HATER!

You complain about people whining and complaining but from what I see you are also whining and complaining. You complain against people's complaint, people are allowed to give their opinion and have a conversation, negative or not.

Try this if anyone says any negative thing at all even if it's a very small thing, IGNORE the comment. In-fact do you know what? I am going to create a forum for the Ultimate Spider-man fan no HATERS allowed all just for you and people who are fans of the show as well and I will do the same thing for Hulk and the agent of S.M.A.S.H when it debuts. I don't hate the show but even me will not be aloud to it after I set it up and it will be in the Spider-Man's world.

Will that make you happy?


Last edited by bigdaddy313; 02-19-2013 at 08:32 AM.
bigdaddy313 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #921
tdeverea
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 364
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
Remember when Alex was regretful of being the Rhino and was implied that he had reformed?

Remember when Electro lost his blue powered-up form and powers?

Because this episode didn't.

I remember that. I'm also using context clues. Since Doc Ock is leading the group, manipulating Dr. Connors and transforming him manually with that remote, it also stands to reason that Doc Ock also found a way to return Electro to his more powerful form. I know for a fact that he manipulated Alex because he said that Ock promised him more formula in the Sinister Six episode. Remember the whole idea that "with great power comes great responsibility".

That's the whole premise of the series. All the episodes are showing what separates Spider-Man from these other characters who come into possession of some type of power, the creation of that power, how that power can corrupt, and the consequences of those decisions. Even the Rhino episode showed how Flash used his "power" to bully Alex and then it came back to him 100 fold.

Each villain is a reflection of what Spider-Man (or his teammates) could have been, had they had negative motivations.

tdeverea is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #922
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick
 
bigdaddy313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 712
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
I remember that. I'm also using context clues. Since Doc Ock is leading the group, manipulating Dr. Connors and transforming him manually with that remote, it also stands to reason that Doc Ock also found a way to return Electro to his more powerful form. I know for a fact that he manipulated Alex because he said that Ock promised him more formula in the Sinister Six episode. Remember the whole idea that "with great power comes great responsibility".

That's the whole premise of the series. All the episodes are showing what separates Spider-Man from these other characters who come into possession of some type of power, the creation of that power, how that power can corrupt, and the consequences of those decisions. Even the Rhino episode showed how Flash used his "power" to bully Alex and then it came back to him 100 fold.

Each villain is a reflection of what Spider-Man (or his teammates) could have been, had they had negative motivations.
It would have being good if they mentioned it you know which will add to character development.

bigdaddy313 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #923
tdeverea
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 364
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
It would have being good if they mentioned it you know which will add to character development.
They don't need to spoon-feed every detail. If Doc Ock is leading this team of villains, he has obviously given them some incentive on top of defeating Spider-Man. I don't need them to explicitly say that Ock is manipulating them. It's right there.

tdeverea is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #924
r0derix
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 69
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
Remember the whole idea that "with great power comes great responsibility". That's the whole premise of the series.
In one episode of this show, Peter tried to steal tech from SHIELD to get an A on a science project. In another, he basically told Nick Fury to piss off so he could take a day off to go to an amusement park. In this show, with great power comes no responsibility.

r0derix is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #925
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick
 
bigdaddy313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 712
Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
They don't need to spoon-feed every detail. If Doc Ock is leading this team of villains, he has obviously given them some incentive on top of defeating Spider-Man. I don't need them to explicitly say that Ock is manipulating them. It's right there.
I get that and it makes sense, but it also leads to a good character story conversation, it only takes about 10 seconds which is nothing but it adds to something and makes it more meaningful, you get what I mean right?

bigdaddy313 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.