The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 02-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #76
Polaris23
Side-Kick

Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Batman had a secret deathwish on his first fight with Bane, which would explain him being a bit out of character, reckless and too unprepared.

Check it out:
www.PolarisCastillo.com
&
www.facebook.com/makeLovetomeinSpace
Polaris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #77
zmystico
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris23 View Post
Batman had a secret deathwish on his first fight with Bane, which would explain him being a bit out of character, reckless and too unprepared.
I agree, cause again, it goes back to Alfred telling him "You only see one end to your journey", and to me, I felt that meant Bruce had given up any hope of living a normal life and wanted to die as Batman.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #78
the_scream
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
He didn't use the shurikens/batarangs in TDK either.

Batman Begins:
1.) Tumbler
2.) Batarangs/shurikens
3.) Grapple gun
4.) Scope
5.) Frequency sonar for the bats
6.) Mini-bombs(I guess that's what they would be called)

The Dark Knight:
1.) Tumbler
2.) Bat-pod
3.) Pneumatic mangler
4.) Explosive gel
5.) Grapple gun
6.) Bat-sonar

The Dark Knight Rises:
1.) Bat-pod
2.) The Bat
3.) EMT gun
4.) EMT device
5.) Flashbangs/stun pellets(whichever you prefer to call them)
6.) Batarang darts
Technically, his cape is a gadget too. In TDKR, he uses the grapple gun to lift the hostage off the motorcycle and gives the mini bombs to Blake, if that counts. In TDK, he uses the flying gauntlet blades, the electric shock to protect his mask, the smaller sonar device used in Hong Kong, the device to pull out of the building, and the saw to drill out Joker's bullet, if that counts as a gadget.

the_scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #79
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Edit: Also forgot about the mini-bomb being used in TDKR as well AND the grapple gun could've been used during Batman's return as well when he pulled up that one hostage.
Yah, I realized I looked over the mini-bombs and the grapple gun on the last page, but I don't think I would consider the gauntlet blades specifically for TDKR just because the gauntlets are used as weapons in all three films; if anything, I should've had his gauntlets for every film(he broke Ra's al Ghul's sword with them, he used the blades on Joker, he broke Bane's mask).

And I never really think of the cape as a "weapon", but I could see how someone would see it as that, but I just never did.

The other ones...I think that's just getting real detailed, lol. The electric shock with his mask was just a precaution if someone tried to pull his mask off, the smaller sonar device was just added to the Bat-sonar(as the EMT device was the EMT device Batman uses in the sewers AND the device he gave Gordon to use on the bomb, since that's what they are, devices which separates from the gun he uses), the Sky-Hook wasn't really Batman's weapon as Bane uses it as well and the little drill...okay, MAYBE that would count, so that's an extra one.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #80
the_scream
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Yah, I realized I looked over the mini-bombs and the grapple gun on the last page, but I don't think I would consider the gauntlet blades specifically for TDKR just because the gauntlets are used as weapons in all three films; if anything, I should've had his gauntlets for every film(he broke Ra's al Ghul's sword with them, he used the blades on Joker, he broke Bane's mask).

And I never really think of the cape as a "weapon", but I could see how someone would see it as that, but I just never did.

The other ones...I think that's just getting real detailed, lol. The electric shock with his mask was just a precaution if someone tried to pull his mask off, the smaller sonar device was just added to the Bat-sonar(as the EMT device was the EMT device Batman uses in the sewers AND the device he gave Gordon to use on the bomb, since that's what they are, devices which separates from the gun he uses), the Sky-Hook wasn't really Batman's weapon as Bane uses it as well and the little drill...okay, MAYBE that would count, so that's an extra one.
I thought we were talking gadgets not weapons. He also uses a device to check the marked Joker dollar bills.

the_scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #81
Victarion
Cut

If the cape were heavier, Batman could use it to catch bullets or develop a fighting style that uses the cape as a distraction.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #82
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scream View Post
I thought we were talking gadgets not weapons. He also uses a device to check the marked Joker dollar bills.
Oh yah, we were definitely just talking about weapons indeed; sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
If the cape were heavier, Batman could use it to catch bullets or develop a fighting style that uses the cape as a distraction.
Like The Cape series.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #83
the last son
Side-Kick

The Cape one of the worst shows ever

Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #84
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Good thing I didn't ask what anyone thought about the show.