The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #276
TheDarKnight720
A Watchful Protector

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

well on this rumor, I think they actually are right CBmovie.com also had something that said that a trailer will be in April and that was a different source than the russian website that cosmicbooknews had.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #277
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

cbm are just as unreliable

Old 02-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #278
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Those are both hugely unreliable sites.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #279
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Basically both CBMs should be taken with a tablespoon of salt.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #280
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
You're giving them way too much credit....

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #281
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
i agree

Old 02-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #282
Jwmakoto
Side-Kick

Even so, a new trailer in April seems to be in-line with what most people are assuming. I'd hardly call guessing that an exclusive "scoop" or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #283
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I am hoping that we will get a new MOS trailer with the US release of Jack the Giant Slayer on 1 st March.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:54 AM   #284
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

On another topic....

I just watched a very interesting documentary on the "Motion Picure of America Rating system" for movie's. I'm not gonna name the film (it is on NetFlix) as there are kids under 17 on this forum, but it is crazy how corrupt the ratings board has been since it's beginning in 1968. With that said, here are a few things that discribe the ratings system (that I remember) and a PG-13 rating, as MOS has received....

-About the board... In order to be a board member you have to be a Parent with a child 5 years or older (although this documentary exploits this through interviews with past board members who claim this is a lie, and have rated movie's with members who were not parents). These board members are guarded like the President and cannot and are not allowed to be seen or speak with the public/media, etc.

GA= No nudity, no s#x, no drugs. Violence must be cartoonish and minimal, language may go beyond polite, such as "Fart", "Darn", "Heck", etc.

PG= There maybe strong language such as "S**t", "Azz", and brief nudity, and violence such as humorous violence is tolerated, like kicking someone is the "azz".

PG-13= "Parents are strongly cautioned"... You are allowed to throw up the middle finger, swear all you want other then using the "F" word more then once. The "F" word may only be used once in the movie, but no more then ONE TIME, or the film will most likely get an "R" rating. Sexual scenes are allowed but depending on the time frame can bump up the rating. So 10 seconds of a love scene maybe allowed,while 12 seconds will bump your rating up to an "R". You can say swear words, but if the actor does so while using drugs with a handgun in his/her hand, the film will be rated "R".

I was shocked at how many famous producers/directors actually had films rated "NC-17" based on only a scene or two,and once deleting these scene's, the ratings dropped to an R or even PG-13 (Peter Jackson, Wes Craven, the list goes on)!!! Just crazy! For instance..The "South Park" movie 12-13 years back received an "NC-17" rating at first even though the SAME things were shown on Comedy Central for everyone to watch (and even to this day)!

I know there was a good amount of questions on the rating system a while back reguarding MOS, and if you are of age, I highly recommend this documentary, it is very informative and educational about how movie's are rated, why they are rated the way they are, and the reason behind why certain movies are given a higher rating then others while both movie's seem to be on equal ground, and what role politics have played in movie ratings through-out the years.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."

Last edited by EtherMagic; 02-10-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #285
GreenKToo
In the fire

Anyone could guess the release date on the next trailer and probably get it right. The film is only 4 months away after all.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #286
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Anyone could guess the release date on the next trailer and probably get it right. The film is only 4 months away after all.

I think we need to start thinking with common sense, it's kinda obvious to me it will be in April, if we are lucky the end of March (based on WB's track record).

If I were personally in-charge of the marketing/release of info for MOS, I would release some set-pics before April, mainly of ZOD and maybe a fight scene or 2, throw Henry on some Mag Covers, interviews with cast, then launch the final MOS trailer (3) first week of April.

Pre-Major marketing for MOS starting at the end of April (McDonald's toys, BurgerKing, whatever they decide to go with), and then picking up the pace the second week of May after Iron Man 3's excitement starts to die down a bit with the GA.

Full circle mass marketing starting May 10th-15th, including Trailer commercials, major spots on the highest rated shows and sports such as NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, last 3 American Idol broadcast including the finale, hit ever major networks highest rated broadcasts with MOS trailer (etc,etc), Toy Commercials, etc, up untill it's release June 14th. WB needs to get Henry's face on every major entertainment magazine, weather a small spot on the front or full cover, people need to see MOS being promoted while standing in lines at WalMarts around the nation/world and other major food joints.

Thats simply my common sense feeling(s) going forward with MOS Marketing as far as what I feel needs to be done. One thing is for sure, WB is gonna dump some serious, SERIOUS cash into Marketing this time around, they have no choice if they want to compete with Marvel and the Avengers as far as looking forward with their Superhero franchises and a future JL Movie.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."

Last edited by EtherMagic; 02-10-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #287
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

the person who monitors the man of steel facebook site stated weeks ago that the next trailer would be in april. they are very quick with news so i'd say it is a good possibility

Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #288
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Anybody seen Flight? Pretty explicit movie for Zemeckis, but that plane-crash scene was particularly well done. I'd love that kind of realism in MOS' action-scenes, though probably less graphic. It was really intense and I was on the edge of my seat. A nice detail was that the sequence didnt have any music at all.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #289
robmx522
Banned User

what are the chances that the new score is in the new trailer?

Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #290
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Hopefully something (anything) comes from this Toy Fair. Wow talk about a drought for us fans.

In 3 months there's gonna be TV spots and posters everywhere.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #291
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Anybody seen Flight? Pretty explicit movie for Zemeckis, but that plane-crash scene was particularly well done. I'd love that kind of realism in MOS' action-scenes, though probably less graphic. It was really intense and I was on the edge of my seat. A nice detail was that the sequence didnt have any music at all.
It is an exciting sequence albeit a little bit unrealistic from a real world physics point of view. If you're interested in a pilots take on the sequence have a look at this article.

http://blogs.airspacemag.com/view/20...ick-plausible/

Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #292
Glassjaw
In training

Just been to a Waterstones (book shop chain in the UK) and it was great to see Superman is starting to get more shelf space then he's had in the past. Previously there's not been a single Supe's title in the graphic novel sections, now he's got a section all to himself. The new paperback collecting both volumes of For Tomorrow was there and looked great.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #293
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
what are the chances that the new score is in the new trailer?
Maybe...high? JunkieXL last tweet said the final mix was delivered and the next step for the score was the soundtrack CD.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #294
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Funny how Cozmic book news contiue to make news out of nothing

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #295
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
It is an exciting sequence albeit a little bit unrealistic from a real world physics point of view. If you're interested in a pilots take on the sequence have a look at this article.

http://blogs.airspacemag.com/view/20...ick-plausible/
Oh yeah, I gather that liberties were taken with the pilotes reaction and technicalities, but the way it's filmed and executed made it hugely present and intense. Realistic.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #296
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
I actually saw Flight last night, and thought the plane scene was greatly executed.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #297
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh yeah, I gather that liberties were taken with the pilotes reaction and technicalities, but the way it's filmed and executed made it hugely present and intense. Realistic.
Yeah I got you what you meant but the problem is that it wasn't realistic, I laughed at the whole sequence. So it detracted from the "realism" they were trying to achieve.
But you were talking merely about the aesthetics of the scene & yes the way it was shot with no music etc. added to the dramatics of the scene. They did the same thing with Haywire and all the fight scenes and I think that was pretty well done.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #298
Simo
Side-Kick

Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #299
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Indeed. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

(For the youngsters who only know digital, that expression won't make any sense. )

Old 02-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #300
Simo
Side-Kick

Closed Thread