The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #851
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Also congratulations to Joey Barton for his first Ligue 1 red card.
I guess he didn't try taking a swing at someone on his way off the pitch this time?

Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #852
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I guess he didn't try taking a swing at someone on his way off the pitch this time?
Nah. Apparently he picked up 2 harsh yellows but its always good to get that first one out of the way.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #853
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I'm not sold on Neymar.
I'm not truly sold on Neymar either. He looks superb in the Brazilian league, however then again Robinho looked very similar when he was there & he hasn't come close to hitting the same sort of heights in Europe.

If he can adapt that would be great, but if City are interested in him as Bapi claims & given the history of Brazilians that have come to England with big reputations & failed, it would be foolish of them to pay 30m+ & 200k+ a week wages for him.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #854
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

The race for 3rd and 4th is staying tight after today's results, Bale's really getting comfortable in that free role that allows him to drift central more often, I wonder if Levy will cash in this summer.

QPR's 4-1 defeat may be the nail in in Harry's escape hopes, all those mercs on high wages heading to the championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Plus they didn't really give a **** tonight, most of them seemed to just be jogging round and giving us far more space than a team would in a competitive match. Adriano for example just let Theo run at him, will be more interested to see how the likes of Cleverley and Walcott play against a team who will deny them space and hunt in packs. But saying all that it was nice seeing some vibrancy.
The thing is in Brazil any defeat is seen as a disaster so I'm not sure they approached the game as lackluster as that, overall I've rarely been impressed with them over the last few years. In contrast it certainly wasn't the toughest challenge England could face but I felt that there was a renewed sense of purpose in our play, as if we were at least trying to get out of the stone age in the way we set up.

Quote:
Am I mental to think Gerrards playing aswell now as he ever has done? He seems alot more disciplined and composed, I know everyone loves the lung bursting runs but at times it was abit headless chicken. I Love watching the bloke play at the moment.
I wouldn't say as good as he ever was but he seems to be really finding his feet in a more responsible role deeper in midfield.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #855
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

So how in the hell was that not a penalty for Southampton. Toure can't keep up so just happens to fall on top of him.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #856
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Seeing a lot of tweets ATM asking for Europol to get looking at this game.... Some city fans can't understand how they're losing it seems...

Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #857
ttotheusher
In the Palais

I see Barry has spared Hart his blushes...

Fantastic result for Southampton, could well avoid relegation now. If we can open up a 12 point gap tomorrow... Oh my.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #858
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Ahh wouldn't worry city fans when yaya toure gets back next week you'll be ooh...... Ahh sure when you need goals you always have ballotelli......

Superb win for Southampton and to back up dr.lee, city fans are claiming match fixing.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #859
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

City's midfield was atrocious.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #860
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Excellent performance from Southampton, they never panicked on the ball and kept it well which avoided the usual problem of the defense coming under relentless pressure as is the case as a ruile in these type of games. In truth though they were aided by a spiritless City performance that never produced any real concentrated arttacking play.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #861
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Gareth Barry is getting slammed on Twitter lol.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #862
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Let's jut hope we don't copy last season and throw away the Everton game....

Old 02-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #863
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Neymar would be better suited in La Liga or at Bayern, imo.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #864
bapi
Side-Kick

I was expecting huge problems but that was too much. City just can't cope with high pressing and I'll repeat myself but it was clear we have no width and pace since second half of last season. But Mancini is too arrogant to accept he made mistakes. He wants to buy only top top players which can win matches by their individual quality and that's why he can't win CL. And in the end he said City signed 5 players which didn't improve his squad. Yeah, they must be so happy to play under him. And have 4 fullbacks and Barry on the pitch when you're 3:1 down?? **** me! He should be sacked just for this idiotic idea!!

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #865
B
[insert witty comment]

City were well beat yesterday, anytime Southampton got hold of the ball at 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 they pressed forward with it quickly. City had possession for extended periods once they grabbed a fortunate goal back & they did absolutely nothing with it. Statistically it was something along the lines of 70%-30% in favour of City in the 10 minutes after their goal, however territoriality they had the ball in none important areas of the pitch, like amongst their defence.

David Silva who was a magician last season has looked null & void this season, although his pass for Zabaleta for the Dzeko goal was superbly weighted, the rest of the match he just had no effect on the play, which has been the case for a large portion of this season. Aguero can't do anything without good service & the same could be said about Dzeko as he works best of balls into the box. If they needed a striker on the pitch today it was Tevez, a player that doesn't rely on the service of others & creates his own chances/space. Gareth Barry, I'll never understand how he starts for England let alone City, the guy is clueless. He has the pace of a snail & his footballing brain seems poor. It's a disgrace that Michael Carrick is overlooked for England countless times & Gareth Barry makes it in there.

Excellent performance though from Southampton, completely outplayed, outworked & outmuscled City. United need to take advantage & bury Everton today for them in part costing us the title last year.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #866
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Seeing a lot of tweets ATM asking for Europol to get looking at this game.... Some city fans can't understand how they're losing it seems...
I wouldn't be surprised if some of QPR's players were match fixing. I don't believe those players can be that terrible

Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #867
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Good first half performance, Everton are always gonna pose a threat as they are a good side, but we've defended well and looks like we can score every time we attack.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #868
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Great to see Giggsy continuing his run of scoring at least once in every season...

Old 02-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #869
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The thing is in Brazil any defeat is seen as a disaster so I'm not sure they approached the game as lackluster as that, overall I've rarely been impressed with them over the last few years. In contrast it certainly wasn't the toughest challenge England could face but I felt that there was a renewed sense of purpose in our play, as if we were at least trying to get out of the stone age in the way we set up.

I wouldn't say as good as he ever was but he seems to be really finding his feet in a more responsible role deeper in midfield.

I must admit I've not seen alot of Brazil in the past few years, but they just seemed so lackluster and lazy....even for Brazilians! But totally agree that it was nice to see something different from England, who'd have thunk that Woy would be the man to try and change it up?

It's probably just personal preference, but he seems to be playing more like he did when he burst onto the scene for England (especially the Munich 5-1) abit more defensive and controlled and alot less roy of the rovers.

As for the Premier League, will they just give United the trophy already? It feels like the end of the 90's/early 00's where they just had to turn up to win games.

Last edited by kit1982; 02-10-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #870
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

TItle race got to be over now!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #871
B
[insert witty comment]

Very solid & professional performance today vs a tough Everton side.

Very happy to see this sort of performance given that Real Madrid is coming up. Hopefully we've knocked this dodgy goal conceding on the head.

Probably one of Vidic's best performances since returning from injury today. We look very dangerous going forward everytime we get Rooney, RVP & for once more happily Valencia on the ball today.

12 points clear, title race isn't over yet though, we've still several tough games home & away to go to this season so I won't be taking anything for granted.. however if City continue to play as badly as they have in recent weeks they could end up handing us the title back.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #872
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
TItle race got to be over now!
Same was said in 97-98, and look what happened there. Ain't over until it's over.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #873
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Giggs has scored in every PL season. I say United keep him forever and have him take a penalty each season to keep the record going until he dies.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #874
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

It's United's title to lose... Loading no20th title......

Old 02-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #875
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Same was said in 97-98, and look what happened there. Ain't over until it's over.
Even last year as well, United blew a lead of I forget how many points with 5/6 games to go, I believe it was a 7 point lead, well they blew a 4 point lead & still had to play City away which we narrowly lost. Loses to Wigan away & then the Everton home game we just completely tossed away a game we should have seen out comfortably.

We still have to play Chelsea & City at home, then also Arsenal away. Not to mention tough grounds like West Brown & Sunderland to goto & try to get something from.

I would be amazed if we threw away a 12 point lead, I don't believe it will happen either as I think even if we lose, I think City won't go undefeated the remainder of the season given their current form but I won't be celebrating just yet as Newcastle proved, such a lead can be thrown away you get careless.

Closed Thread