The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #76
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

I'm starving over here. Something, even the tiniest bit of information, would be very appreciated.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #77
Godzilla2000
The Unfamous One

I don't believe we're going to be getting much because it seems like there's a stringent non disclosure thing going on.

Be careful what you wish for.

I like it:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It's No Use In 2D:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #78
elizah72
Side-Kick

Mmmm.. yeah.... just be happy we got an action figure of Loki to look at yesterday. Still hoping we might get a new quote from Tom about Thor 2 though. I'm surprised Jaimie and AAA have said so much about their characters. AAA may not have known the drill but Jaimie certainly should.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #79
Godzilla2000
The Unfamous One

I don't know...I just feel like my attraction to Tom has waned a lot lately. The more involved he gets with Shallowville USA the less I'm crushing on him. He just seems to me spiritually very different than when he was promoting Thor. I never really bought into the leading man stuff, I like rebels who flip Hollywood the birdy and say they're not being typecast. I'm just waiting for the next best thing I guess.

I like it:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It's No Use In 2D:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #80
elizah72
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

brief mention of Thor 2 near the beginning.

Last edited by elizah72; 02-10-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #81
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

It's all about the questions you ask. She didn't exactly push him on Thor 2, so not much new. He's being smacked about a lot apparently, not being specifically talking about Thor 2. LOL.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #82
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idun View Post
It's all about the questions you ask. She didn't exactly push him on Thor 2, so not much new. He's being smacked about a lot apparently, not being specifically talking about Thor 2. LOL.
unfortunately they generally seem to ask lousy Thor2 questions. No I agree, he's not talking Thor 2 there, more talking about the Avengers for sure, although I'm sure he gets bashed around plenty in Thor 2.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #83
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Of course he'll be bashed around. It's Loki we're talking about. For a guy who can use illusion to get out of trouble and bashing, he's not using it much. Head under arm.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #84
elizah72
Side-Kick

Nice fan report from here...
http://justinemitchellll.tumblr.com/...tas-nicest-guy

Quote:
Tom Hiddleston at the 2013 BAFTAs. NICEST guy ever. Came back to the red carpet three or four times to sign autographs and meet people, and when he was doing so, he was so incredibly sweet and was genuinely happy to be meeting people. So much respect for him. I’ve always thought he was handsome, but I, without a doubt, have the biggest crush on him now

Old 02-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #85
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

In that shiny weather I'm sure it was extra appreciated.

In all fairness, I'm jealous of the rain because I'm so sick and tired of snow now.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #86
elizah72
Side-Kick

And still with a big smile on his face.

https://twitter.com/prchambers/statu...630592/photo/1

Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #87
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Talk about from ear to ear...

Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #88
elizah72
Side-Kick

And here too, OMG, some of the most obnoxious people I have ever been witness too, and he's still being nice.
the guy with the camera asks about Thor 2, and he says "I can't possibly tell you" with a smile, then finally says "there's new dimensions you haven't seen yet." (I'm assuming he's referring to the other realms we haven't seen yet, although I suppose he could mean new dimensions to Loki's personality) and then asked if he's in Avengers 2 and he says "I'm not sure actually. I'm not sure it's still being written."

watch at your own peril, the repeated yelling is pretty rude and obnoxious.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by elizah72; 02-10-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #89
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Good grief, the howling! Ugh.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #90
elizah72
Side-Kick

a much more pleasant video ....

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #91
elizah72
Side-Kick

Old 02-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #92
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Actually, no, I don't think Loki is crazy. He has in his mind, as time has progressed, created a version of what's true. Most wouldn't agree with him on that view, but it is still his view, the way he feels is right. It's quite common, this lying to oneself, and as long as someone is clinging to such a view, that individual will keep acting accordingly. Doesn't make them crazy IMO, though when it's concerning a god, the result can be spectacular. To say the least.
imagined slights. Normal in your eyes?? His own version of what is true??? Even though many others don't agree??? My friend, MANY people will tell you, you essentially just defined being crazy. If we want to get technical, you essentially just described narcissistic personality disorder lol.

However this is fine, this is the makeup of a very good villain...it essentially is what makes them "insane" or "crazy" these imagined slights. A lot of villains have their own views, as many probably don't even view themselves as evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I don't believe we're going to be getting much because it seems like there's a stringent non disclosure thing going on.
Eh, I stil don't think they are "keeping him hid for a reason" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
just as excited as we are

Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #93
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

The camera closed up on him doing his "heheheheheheheh" laugh.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #94
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
imagined slights. Normal in your eyes?? His own version of what is true??? Even though many others don't agree??? My friend, MANY people will tell you, you essentially just defined being crazy. If we want to get technical, you essentially just described narcissistic personality disorder lol.

However this is fine, this is the makeup of a very good villain...it essentially is what makes them "insane" or "crazy" these imagined slights. A lot of villains have their own views, as many probably don't even view themselves as evil.
I was expecting you to jump in. We see things quite differently, there's all there is to it. What you define as crazy, I don't. There's always an explanation for why someone acts the way they do, and actually, Loki acts quite predictably. The general idea of craziness is people doing things at random, which Loki doesn't. I don't want to discuss personal disorders here either, because the material is too scarce to judge on.

I'm not saying what I say to excuse his behavior. He has to own his actions and decisions and no one forces him to act the way he does, but at the same time we don't live our lives in a vacuum. Things that happen around him are interpreted and forms a basis for decisions and the way he acts. This is true even if someone has a personal disorder too. Just making Loki out as a villain plain and simple is to miss out on the complexity of the character. A villain with nothing redeeming in his/her character is boring and cannon fodder, expendable. I'd say that Loki is the mirror showing the murky sides of humanity, what we do when we feel slighted and crave power. His Machiavellian methods are repulsive, but nevertheless, it's something we are capable of too. It's what gives his character the resonance it does, the fact that he's not unlike us. Because he's a god the result is spectacular, but there have been plenty of rulers on this earth who knew how to cause mayhem. Not all of them have been considered evil either. It's the victor writing history after all.

I have lived with a man with Bipolar for many years. It gives you perspective on people's motives and also on what people call 'crazy'. It has also made me a lot more interested in the ambiguousness of our characters and less interested in 'good', 'true' and 'right'. Everything are in shades of grey, even the things we spontaneously call evil.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #95
Godzilla2000
The Unfamous One

Proof that Loki is dangerously crazy: Not just that he has no issue with complete genocide, but that he's okay with killing innocent people for his amusement, remember the generic order he gives the Destroyer in Thor to destroy everything?

I like it:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It's No Use In 2D:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 02-11-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:12 AM   #96
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

If you want to see that as crazy, go ahead. I'm very careful in using the word crazy because it suggests you act at random. He's definitely lacking in the empathy department, suggesting a psychopathic persona.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #97
Godzilla2000
The Unfamous One

Quote:
If you want to see that as crazy, go ahead. I'm very careful in using the word crazy because it suggests you act at random. He's definitely lacking in the empathy department, suggesting a psychopathic persona.
In my world crazy and psychopathic are one in the same. You don't find it unnerving at all that Loki has no issue with killing people that have done absolutely nothing to him at all!? And you also don't find Loki telling the Destroyer to destroy everything on Earth as random when his target is actually Thor?

I like it:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It's No Use In 2D:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 02-11-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #98
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
In my world crazy and psychopathic are one in the same. You don't find it unnerving at all that Loki has no issue with killing people that have done absolutely nothing to him at all!? And you also don't find Loki telling the Destroyer to destroy everything on Earth as random when his target is actually Thor?
I have to side with this, yeah. The man is effed up. That's why he's a villain. I can "live vicariously" through villains because I'd never commit such heinous acts in real life. So I can't romanticize Loki. Maybe at the very beginning of Thor, before he realized who he was, but not after the Avengers.

There's some rot in that core now, so I'll just sit back with some popcorn and enjoy.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #99
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, God. Can we please lay off the Loki is crazy psychopathic genocidal talk? I'm trying to stay out of it, I REALLY am. But Thor was equally psycopathic and genocidal towards the Frost Giants if not worse (and probably some of the other realms as well) at the beginning of Thor 1. it is stated more than once how he wanted to "slay them all". He absolutely delighted in going down there and getting into a fight and slaying all the frost giants he could. Really watch him in the Jotunheim scenes, closely, if that isnt him getting his kicks off of killing a race of people, I dont know what is. you just can see the utter joy on his face in moments as he commits these violent acts when he could have just walked away at the advise of, who? That's right his brother Loki who was trying to keep the peace and get them out of trouble.

This is a fictional fantasy story, this is not real life, and different rules apply to characters than real people. Both these characters were raised in a culture and world of violence, and glorified war. So their acts are not the same to them and their culture as they are to those of us who would never hurt a fly (me included). And because there are these differences, The writer's can take a character on whatever arc they want, and probably will, just as they showed a change in Thor, they showed a darker change in Loki, and they may still show yet another change in either or both of those characters, but that's up to them how and what that is. But it's incredibly aggravating to watch your favorite character get talked about in this one sided way when the "hero" was as a bad if not worse (for 1000 years) than he was prior to his BIG change.

I really dont want to have to read arguing about this until November (and possibly beyond) and I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to get into this, yet again. So can we PLEASE change the subject? I'm begging, you. REALLY. Please, if you like me at all. Just drop it. take it to PM or something. Please. I am starting to hate this thread for this very reason. I dont want to waste any more time or energy arguing about this.

on the topic of changing subjects a bit.

Loki's dagger, which may or may not be the dagger that the action figure is holding... Jaqua99, I have found very little on this, is this a weapon he's had a lot somewhere ? Anymore info on that you recall? what powers? how'd he get it?

Last edited by elizah72; 02-11-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #100
Godzilla2000
The Unfamous One

I like Loki as a character but we have to be real about who the character is. Fangirls can get way too blinded by Tom's good looks to really see Loki's character for what he is. Loki consciously makes the decision to injure, maim, and kill innocent people in New Mexico for the specific purpose of killing Thor. Nobody forces Loki to tell the Destroyer to kill and maim all those people it does and this is in Thor before he meets Thanos. If Loki was a real person he'd be a Ted Bundy type of person.

Difference between Thor and Loki is that Thor has learned his lesson and Loki has not. We need to stop romanticizing evil characters of this nature and vilify the heroes who are trying to stop them from their selfish destructive behaviors.

I like it:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It's No Use In 2D:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 02-11-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Closed Thread