Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #301
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
That makes no sense. I didn't give you a protip on how to debate me, I said if you didn't want to debate then don't reply. Very simple concept. Instead of trying to defend someone who is capable of doing so themselves you should stay on topic and reply to the issue at hand that started the debate, which Chewy was not able to adequately argue his point for.
Until such time as you have "Moderator" under your name you should probably just completely refrain from telling people what and how to post. Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #302
Chewy
REDACTED

Stop arguing over me

Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #303
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Anyone else think that after "The Avengers 2", Marvel should wait 4 years (like they did from 2008's Iron Man to 2012's Avengers) instead of the current year that they're doing now before making the third one? I'd figure that it'd allow them more time to send out more films during Phase 3 before the third big team up.

We already have Ant-Man and Dr. Strange confirmed. And I'm pretty sure that we'll be getting Captain America 3 and Thor 3 as well.

Now assuming that Marvel releases 2 MCU films every year, if you start with 2015's Antman, we'd have about 7 MCU films that could be released before a 2019 release date of Avengers 3.

Possible films to fill out that list would be:

1. Antman (Confirmed)
2. Dr. Strange (Confirmed)
3. Captain America 3 (All But Confirmed)
4. Thor 3 (All But Confirmed)
5. Hulk 2 (Most likely, especially with Feige's comments about potentially doing another solo Hulk film after the Avengers 2)
6. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (Possible)
7. Black Panther?

Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #304
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

I actually think that waiting a tad longer would indeed be the best option. After the high of the first movie, I have an insatiable appetite for part 2, so I'm glad it's arriving as soon as 2015 with all the solo sequels in-between (with GOTG as a kick-ass bonus).

Once TA2 is all said and done, I think I'll be much more interested in seeing newer properties develop and seeing the MCU really expand. Ant-Man coming out later that year is just the thing I'll need to get me started. I don't know how other people feel, but I think holding the third chapter out an extra year or two will only build more great anticipation. Like the new characters (Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, etc) will be refreshing and keep the MCU from feeling like a rinse-and-repeat cycle of heroes, then The Avengers 3 will show up after the long wait to a much more satisfying feeling of "they're back!"

It's unlikely this'll happen, but Feige has pleasantly surprised me before.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #305
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I actually think that waiting a tad longer would indeed be the best option. After the high of the first movie, I have an insatiable appetite for part 2, so I'm glad it's arriving as soon as 2015 with all the solo sequels in-between (with GOTG as a kick-ass bonus).

Once TA2 is all said and done, I think I'll be much more interested in seeing newer properties develop and seeing the MCU really expand. Ant-Man coming out later that year is just the thing I'll need to get me started. I don't know how other people feel, but I think holding the third chapter out an extra year or two will only build more great anticipation. Like the new characters (Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, etc) will be refreshing and keep the MCU from feeling like a rinse-and-repeat cycle of heroes, then The Avengers 3 will show up after the long wait to a much more satisfying feeling of "they're back!"

It's unlikely this'll happen, but Feige has pleasantly surprised me before.
Indeed; plus, think of all of the potential heroes that they can introduce within the SHIELD TV Series during that break period that wouldn't normally have gotten exposure due to most feeling that they can't support a feature film on their own.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #306
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed; plus, think of all of the potential heroes that they can introduce within the SHIELD TV Series during that break period that wouldn't normally have gotten exposure due to most feeling that they can't support a feature film on their own.
YES! I really hope they introduce new heroes through the show. Maybe not top tier ones. But I am really hoping this happens.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #307
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Eh, I believe in striking while the iron is hot; but I figure that if fanboys can (im)patiently wait 4 years between TDK and TDKR, they can do the same for the Avengers films. And yes, it would give more time to build up the MCU with new characters and sequels for the primaries.

I'd go for:

2015: Avengers 2/ Ant-Man
2016: Ms. Marvel/ Black Panther/ Dr. Strange
2017: TIH 2/ Thor 3
2018: GOTG 2/ Cap 3
2019: Avengers 3/ IM 4

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #308
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Anyone else think that after "The Avengers 2", Marvel should wait 4 years (like they did from 2008's Iron Man to 2012's Avengers) instead of the current year that they're doing now before making the third one?
Marvel is waiting 4 years between Avengers films as it is, from 2011 to 2015 for TA2. Unless you meant something else.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #309
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam
I'd go for:

I'd want:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

To have clips leading toward The Avengers 2, or can we at least get a tease of it in The Avengers 2? Perhaps like a spider-web in one of the scenes that will make room for him in The Avengers 3.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #310
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I'd want:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

To have clips leading toward The Avengers 2, or can we at least get a tease of it in The Avengers 2? Perhaps like a spider-web in one of the scenes that will make room for him in The Avengers 3.
Would be hard to have clips unless marvel and sony are working together.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #311
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Marvel is waiting 4 years between Avengers films as it is, from 2011 to 2015 for TA2. Unless you meant something else.
He meant from 2012 to 2015, the gap between Avengers 1 and Avengers 2.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #312
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It's hard to picture them pairing up two unknown properties in a single year, now that they have multiple franchises they can sequelize. But the movies here are probably about right (except maybe Hulk 2, which I still have a hard time imagining happening). Also as weird as it is to think about that would actually be 6 years between Iron Man movies, lol. Something more like

2015: Avengers 2/Ant-Man
2016: Thor 3/Dr Strange
2017: Cap 3/Black Panther
2018: GotG 2/Inhumans
2019: Avengers 3/Something

Seems more likely IMO

Last edited by Chewy; 02-12-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #313
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

That's around the timeline I'm seeing. I hope they don't do Inhumans, I think there are a lot better characters/teams.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #314
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It's hard to picture them pairing up two unknown properties in a single year, now that they have multiple franchises they can sequelize. But the movies here are probably about right (except maybe Hulk 2, which I still have a hard time imagining happening). Also as weird as it is to think about that would actually be 6 years between Iron Man movies, lol. Something more like

Seems more likely IMO
This is pretty much my list except with a few rearrangements in films and Hulk 2 instead of BP.

2016: Thor 3/Hulk 2
2017: Dr Strange/Cap 3
2018: GotG2/Inhumans
2019: Avengers 3

Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #315
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Seems more likely IMO
Yeah, my 4-year timeline would be a bit different for the studio, but my thinking is that after Avengers 2, they could give the principals a year-long break and try to push a bevy of new guys 'n' girls from late 2015 thru late 2016. Then resume the sequels/franchises in 2017.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #316
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Anyone else think that before Phase 3 comes to a close, that we should have the third Avengers film conclude with the team staying together as opposed to always going their separate ways after the end of the proverbial "Big Battle"?

Old 02-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #317
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven
Would be hard to have clips unless marvel and sony are working together.
Cameo stuff could still happen, it isn't unheard of for that kind of thing to happen in movies. Ray Nicolette played by Michael Keaton in the movie Jackie Brown is also in the movie Out of Sight.

Film companies aren't like Crips and Bloods. If they can make an extra buck joining forces, anything is possible regardless of rights, which mean nothing if both parties agree to collaborate for the common good of ripping bills out your pocket.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 02-12-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #318
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Anyone else think that before Phase 3 comes to a close, that we should have the third Avengers film conclude with the team staying together as opposed to always going their separate ways after the end of the proverbial "Big Battle"?
Heck, I think they should do that by the end of Avengers *2*. Start formalizing it into the actual team it's supposed to be.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #319
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Agreed. By the end of Avengers 2, we should see them at the Avengers Mansion, together as an actual team.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #320
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Cameo stuff could still happen, it isn't unheard of for that kind of thing to happen in movies. Ray Nicolette played by Michael Keaton in the movie Jackie Brown is also in the movie Out of Sight.

Film companies aren't like Crips and Bloods. If they can make an extra buck joining forces, anything is possible regardless of rights, which mean nothing if both parties agree to collaborate for the common good of ripping bills out your pocket.
Man you are seriously a one-track mind.

Marvel doesn't gain anything financially. They've proven they can make $1.5 billion WITHOUT the legendary Spiderman. Why would they want to dip into their own profit potential and also deal with the inevitable havoc of getting Disney Marvel's creative team to agree with Fox's Marvel team on how the character should be portrayed?

Not happening. Move on. Let the fanboy wet dreams go already and enjoy the product they are actually putting out there.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 02-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #321
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:

I wanted an spider cameo for a bit. I now realize that until marvel gets back this property, it will not happen.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #322
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla

I wanted an spider cameo for a bit. I now realize that until marvel gets back this property, it will not happen.
What I personally wouldn't mind seeing are easter eggs. Something like Spider-Man on a newspaper in an Avengers movie, not to make him an Avenger, but to see him there.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 02-12-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #323
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

You really should open up to other characters Venom. Youd save yourself from disappointment and us the headaches. The constant derailment of conversations by you is obnoxious. I'm not trying to be an ahole but we got the point you love spiderman and want him in the MCU. But its not happening, the day the two studios announce it you can then be on that ish like white on rice.

Last edited by DOOZlovesBOOZ; 02-12-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #324
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Your point, please? I find it annoying that you know that "it's not happening."

Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #325
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
They already did it on EMH. Mar-Vell was a SHIELD scientist and Carol was assisting him. That entire storyline is basically a blueprint for what should happen with the SHIELD show. Since they're not going to directly interact with the Avengers or their villains, having SHIELD investigate a possible Kree threat is a perfect storyline to bring a new Avenger into the fold. Plus, Whedon already said he wants more females on the team in A2. Ms. Marvel is the best bet.
Quote:
Your point, please? I find it annoying that you know that "it's not happening."
the point is that you derail the threads into these arguements. It's not likely. But right now, there are other things to be speculating on. Ironman is coming out soon, we are getting some casting news for gotg, avengers 2 is gunna be a thanos story most likely, and feel free to talk about that, as there IS stuff to talk about regarding stuff that IS likely to happen in avengers 2. It's hard to do that when you constantly derail this thread, creating yet again, spiderman in the avengers. i really don't know if you are a troll or a plant or whatever, I hope not, if you feel this strongly abotu spiderman, please jsut create another thread about it