The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #476
Glassjaw
In training

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sounds good. Wonder if there will be a Metropolis set, since there's usually a more expensive set in the Lego ranges, upwards of 100.

Also, I've just seen on instagram, the new issue of TotalFilm appears to have the 'handcuffs' poster free with the issue. The person taking the photo on instagram placed the poster on the magazine itself so can't really tell what's on the cover, doesn't look like MoS though.

Edit: the issue goes on sale in shops on the 15th according to a post on their forum.

Last edited by Glassjaw; 02-11-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #477
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think more sets will come if Lego sees there is a market for Superman stuff.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #478
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well the great thing about MOS is that we'll have the same actor playing the character both before and after he put on the costume.

When we were introduced to Reeve for the first time on the screen, he was already Superman; we never got to see Reeve play the character during his wandering years.

So when we see Cavil play the character as he goes on that journey, it'll make a bigger impact on the audience when he finally makes it to the end since the audience would have started out with him first.
That's a good point herolee,we started to get into the life of younger Clark in the Smallville scenes in STM,and had the emotion of his Father passing,then also the heartbreaking scene imo where he leaves his Mother on her own,she loses a Husband and a Son in a short space of time,especially as in that movie he goes through training for years,poor Martha,so we became emotionally attached,then we get a different Clark and we lose a little of that.

But in this,we get Henry's Smallville story and journey,we will be with him throughout,and as you say,it will make a bigger impact on the audience as we see his transition,and hopefully we will all care that little bit more for him because of it.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #479
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Well, at least we'll get to see Superman finally cutting loose with his powers without having to worry about taking a sentient life due to Zod having robots in this film.

It's funny to think that with all of the elements that this film has that were taken from past failed attempts, if this film becomes a success, I guess it'll just prove that maybe all that was needed was the right execution and dosage of those said elements.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #480
gomez147
You're not just anyone

WB requested to remove MOS previous fan pic...

Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #481
Naite22
Side-Kick

Ok. Whyyyyyyy??? it's not official anyway?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #482
CKlov
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
WB requested to remove MOS previous fan pic...
yeh not just that but my work also.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #483
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKlov View Post
yeh not just that but my work also.
Was yours the manip of the new pic which seems to have been pulled by WB now? I remember seeing one where the hair was different for a start

Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #484
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
It was never official, just a really great made fan-manip

Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #485
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
Apparently it is. ifriedrice who has a darn good eye for this kind of stuff noticed that it was probably from some official pics that hadn't been released yet and now lo and behold we have a cease and desist by WB.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #486
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Apparently it is. ifriedrice who has a darn good eye for this kind of stuff noticed that it was probably from some official pics that hadn't been released yet and now lo and behold we have a cease and desist by WB.
If that's true and the pic is official, I won't mind whenever they'll release it... It's simply amazing!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #487
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #488
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Mr. Vigilante-10 Years

I had the same type figure of Routh's Supes when it was released for SR for around $35.

- BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN-#TrustBatfleck -
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10
Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #489
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

What ended up being official? The Superman fist-down crouching on the snow photo?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #490
UaalaDan
Banned User

Yeah. At least some parts of it is official. He grabbed an unreleased image, made a manip out of it and claimed it his own = Not cool! WB asked him to remove it.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #491
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
What ended up being official? The Superman fist-down crouching on the snow photo?
Yes

Old 02-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #492
Glassjaw
In training

Even when I believed it was a complete manip, I couldn't believe how perfect a fit the head and face were. The only time I've seen Cavill look like that was in the bank vault photo.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #493
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

So confused. Why is craigdbfan still using it as his avatar if there is a cease and desist out?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #494
UaalaDan
Banned User

Now all his work is gone from deviantART.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #495
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
If that's true and the pic is official, I won't mind whenever they'll release it... It's simply amazing!
you can say that again....I can't wait to see an official pic of it. Hope it's as good as the fan made pic

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #496
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
Now all his work is gone from deviantART.
...yet deviantArt is still hosting the original image. A bit bonkers it all is, though since the author is now a member here I'd be curious to hear the story.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #497
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

who is this mystery guy?!?!? I wonder if he will be back here??? I remember when wacots posted all those pics and then poof!! He was gone....haven't heard or seen him since....

Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #498
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Just like YBNormal21 "The spoilers guy". Everyone disappears

Old 02-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #499
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
yep, needless to say, my curiosity has been raised....I'd love to hear what he has to say about all this

Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #500
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
WB specializes in a very specific type of security. Spoiler security.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Closed Thread