The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #976
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,946
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Yeah but only one guy said that, the general response from the other wrestling journos was that Punk would go face as Brock likes being a heel and likes having Heyman do his mic work.
Punk-face, Lesnar-heel seems the most logical and sensible way to go, but we all know that Brosnar is the type of guy Vince loves, so I wouldn't put it past them playing it out with Brosnar the face and Punk the heel.

Van Petrol is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #977
Wheels
Encore! Encore!
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,211
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Punk is the natural face in the feud as he'll be the underdog going against the monster Lesnar.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Wheels is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #978
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,861
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Either way, it sounds possible. WWE doesn't seem to be have a lot of cards to play post-WM, but Lesnar-Punk is something fresh.
It does seem like the biggest feud they can do, but I think they'll blow it if Brock is turned face, Punk can play either role but Lesnar is a pure monster heel and there's a much better story to tell with him, Heyman and The Shield opposite Punk IMO.

Hell, if Taker is that banged up why not do Taker/HHH vs Punk/Lesnar at Mania and start sewing the seeds.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #979
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,946
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Punk is the natural face in the feud as he'll be the underdog going against the monster Lesnar.
Not unless he has the Shield on his side.

Van Petrol is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #980
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,196
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Lesner shouldn't be a face, his skills on the mic aren't good enough now to go without paul heyman

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #981
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,861
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Punk-face, Lesnar-heel seems the most logical and sensible way to go, but we all know that Brosnar is the type of guy Vince loves, so I wouldn't put it past them playing it out with Brosnar the face and Punk the heel.
The thing is Brock hates being a face and imagine the Punk vs Heyman promos? Plus even when Brock was full time Vince turned him back heel pretty quickly after the face turn had very mixed results, Brock's build is what Vince likes but facially he's a hard sell as a good guy.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #982
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,946
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
It does seem like the biggest feud they can do, but I think they'll blow it if Brock is turned face, Punk can play either role but Lesnar is a pure monster heel and there's a much better story to tell with him, Heyman and The Shield opposite Punk IMO.

Hell, if Taker is that banged up why not do Taker/HHH vs Punk/Lesnar at Mania and start sewing the seeds.
Helmsley will wnat his win back al to himself, so anything other than a one on one is a no go, I think.

Van Petrol is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #983
Wheels
Encore! Encore!
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,211
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Not unless he has the Shield on his side.
True. I just want this heel run over with lol.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Wheels is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #984
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,861
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Helmsley will wnat his win back al to himself, so anything other than a one on one is a no go, I think.
Sadly you are probably right, Triple H's mantra is "Always do what is best for business........unless it involves me and my worked legacy."

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #985
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,946
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The thing is Brock hates being a face and imagine the Punk vs Heyman promos? Plus even when Brock was full time Vince turned him back heel pretty quickly after the face turn had very mixed results, Brock's build is what Vince likes but facially he's a hard sell as a good guy.
I agree with everything you say, but this is Mr McDaddy we're talking about here, and we all know how he can completely go against the brick wall of logic and sensibleness to do what he wants. I'm just saying it's not a distinct impossibility.

Van Petrol is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #986
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,946
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
True. I just want this heel run over with lol.
Lol, I hear ya'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Sadly you are probably right, Triple H's mantra is "Always do what is best for business........unless it involves me and my worked legacy."
QFT.

Van Petrol is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #987
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,110
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Punk is the natural face in the feud as he'll be the underdog going against the monster Lesnar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Lesner shouldn't be a face, his skills on the mic aren't good enough now to go without paul heyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The thing is Brock hates being a face and imagine the Punk vs Heyman promos? Plus even when Brock was full time Vince turned him back heel pretty quickly after the face turn had very mixed results, Brock's build is what Vince likes but facially he's a hard sell as a good guy.
Plus Brock was made to be a heel. It's natural to him. The man was gone from wrestling for 8 years. Yet when he returned, it was as if he missed nothing. Why ruin that?

__________________
Probably the best speculation piece on Warner Bros' plans for its DC Cinematic Universe: http://www.sixokay.com/2013/11/23/ma...bout-superman/
The Sage is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #988
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,861
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I agree with everything you say, but this is Mr McDaddy we're talking about here, and we all know how he can completely go against the brick wall of logic and sensibleness to do what he wants. I'm just saying it's not a distinct impossibility.
Oh I agree he's stubborn enough but I just can't imagine he goes against wrestling booking 101 on this one, plus I wonder if Brock has it in his contract that he stays heel and Vince might not want to expose Roidback's deficiencies by having Brock show how a great powerhouse face works.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #989
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,946
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Oh I agree he's stubborn enough but I just can't imagine he goes against wrestling booking 101 on this one, plus I wonder if Brock has it in his contract that he stays heel and Vince might not want to expose Roidback's deficiencies by having Brock show how a great powerhouse face works.
Let's hope you're right mate.

Van Petrol is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #990
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,861
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Let's hope you're right mate.
I'm not even religious but........*prays*

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #991
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,110
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

And does Brock's current in-ring style work as a face? He's more of a striker than grappler, and back when he was a face, he incorporated a lot of maneuvers in his comeback sequences.

The crowd obviously wants to boo Lesnar. And despite him doing a good job as a heel, CM Punk is still cheered as a face. It's a no-brainer. They could always make Punk a tweener and do it. Maybe.

__________________
Probably the best speculation piece on Warner Bros' plans for its DC Cinematic Universe: http://www.sixokay.com/2013/11/23/ma...bout-superman/
The Sage is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #992
Wheels
Encore! Encore!
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,211
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Lol, I hear ya'.



QFT.
I mean Punk could kick a damn baby and still get his name chanted I bet.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Wheels is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #993
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,861
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
And does Brock's current in-ring style work as a face? He's more of a striker than grappler, and back when he was a face, he incorporated a lot of maneuvers in his comeback sequences.

The crowd obviously wants to boo Lesnar. And despite him doing a good job as a heel, CM Punk is still cheered as a face. It's a no-brainer. They could always make Punk a tweener and do it. Maybe.
Great point, style-wise in the ring Brock is not suited to being a face these days, plus his merc attitude towards the business vs a guy who worked for $30 on the indies is ideal story material.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #994
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
 
OnTheAir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Springfield, MA
Posts: 2,580
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
if Taker is that banged up why not do Taker/HHH vs Punk/Lesnar at Mania
I saw this match suggested on another website. If they refuse to insert Punk into Rock/Cena, then I would be fine with this match as an alternative.

OnTheAir is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #995
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 27,422
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Sounds like a good RAW. I'm starting to watch now. Did they say the 6 man tag would be in an Elimination Chamber?

bullets is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #996
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 27,422
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Damn , It's nice to see Natalya on RAW... oh wait , She's dancing with Khali and Hornswoggle


Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post


*chants*
Thank you Cesaro! Thank you Cesaro! Thank you Cesaro!


Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBatman View Post
Jericho wins EC , Ziggler cashes in at EC?
That would be perfect



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
And does Brock's current in-ring style work as a face? He's more of a striker than grappler, and back when he was a face, he incorporated a lot of maneuvers in his comeback sequences.

The crowd obviously wants to boo Lesnar. And despite him doing a good job as a heel, CM Punk is still cheered as a face. It's a no-brainer. They could always make Punk a tweener and do it. Maybe.

Heyman is still denying hiring The Shield and being behind Brock. They might try to make Punk actually be oblivious or blinded by Heyman's actions. The other angle could be the Heyman turns on Punk , but only because he's afraid of Brock. That would make Brock seem like more of a bully type of character.


Punk should be the face heading into the match or even a tweener. Brock becoming a face doesn't make sense to me.


Last edited by bullets; 02-12-2013 at 12:00 AM.
bullets is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #997
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,861
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
I saw this match suggested on another website. If they refuse to insert Punk into Rock/Cena, then I would be fine with this match as an alternative.
Yeah, it's not exactly a marquee match in this day and age unlike in the past when a tag match between 2 top faces and 2 top heels could sell a PPV, but it should cover up any limitations, prevent Brock from getting pinned, allow Taker to appear and progress the Heyman/Punk/Lesnar angle as well as play off the fact Takerr and Triple H have been opponents the last 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Sounds like a good RAW. I'm starting to watch now. Did they say the 6 man tag would be in an Elimination Chamber?
Nope, I think the brawl through the crowd will be used as the reason it's being made into a chamber match, hopefully they announce the stip at SD.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #998
Parker Wayne
Yeah, I can fly.
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 22,759
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Plus Brock was made to be a heel. It's natural to him. The man was gone from wrestling for 8 years. Yet when he returned, it was as if he missed nothing. Why ruin that?
This. Brock was meant to be a heel. Always has, and always was more convincing as one. It was the same with Triple HHH when he's not with DX.

I also agree that CM Punk is a much better face than heel. Not all wrestlers can be tweeners or switch so easily like Kane or Kurt Angle.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Spielberg wanted to ground the myth of Lincoln in reality. "I wanted to say, what if this guy actually existed? What would it be like?"


Parker Wayne is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #999
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!
 
NDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Big Apple.
Posts: 23,072
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post



Scary how beastly he is.

NDX is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #1000
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 27,422
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

I barely remember Dutch Mantel , but I like this character. However I could see him getting cheers in different parts of the country. A manager might be the missing piece of the puzzle to get Swagger over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Nope, I think the brawl through the crowd will be used as the reason it's being made into a chamber match, hopefully they announce the stip at SD.
It seems like an excellent opportunity. There's a Best of War games dvd in the works , the storyline calls for it , and it gives The Shield plenty of opportunity to get the upper hand. I guess it depends on what type of finish they have worked out. It would be great if Maddox unlocked the cage for another guy to come in and wreak havoc.

bullets is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.