The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 12-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #276
Jordacar
The Endless One

Default Re: Enter The Sandman: The Dreams Thread

First I’m in some kind of gigantic restaurant that has huge monstrous sea life in tanks that stretch all throughout the building. I ask one of the staff if there's anywhere in this joint where sea monsters aren't constantly in view. He says nope.
That gives way into a train that I run thru to get my hands on a machine gun that I can use to shoot first that giant rat that’s on my foot oh god get it off it must be a monster or something oh it’s just a rat well kill the f*** out of it anyway, then later bigger and badder monsters, plus my fellow man, because he could be the monster because now I’m in a ripoff of THE THING. Soon I have a flamethrower gun as well. I make my way to Granny’s roadside store where she’s got her hands on a Mama thing alien which I set on fire, but trying to barbecue it doesn’t quite work and it slips away. When we track it down and try and shoot it again, it starts shooting globs of itself at both of us in slow motion while spooky music plays, and that’s the end.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #277
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

A few years ago I had a very bizarre dream. It was a dream that felt so real that it really upset me for awhile. I don't know the best way to explain it so, but here goes. I dreamed that I was another person, an old British man with with white hair and grey clothes. And there was another person, the man's daughter. And we were driving on a muddy road in the middle of a forest.

There was a heavy downpour of rain and lightning flashing through the sky. I remember the man and woman were both very frightened. I had the impression that they were being followed by someone or something. The man lost control of the car and we swerved into a ditch. Then they both got out of the car and began running, and something was definitely chasing after us. Then the dream abruptly ended.

The dream felt so real that when I woke up I was sweating, and my eyes were actually teared up. To be perfectly honest, I don't know what's going on. The above dream, plus my ongoing sleep paralysis. I mean, neither is harmful to me, but I just wish I could understand what's going on in my brain.

Last edited by Piper Maru; 12-29-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #278
JaD
Thriller Night

I had an awesome dream last night where I had telekinetic powers. It wasn't anything over the top and it was more subtle like John Travolta's character in Phenomenon. I was lifting things by hovering my hand above it and working my magic or fetching things from a distance if I wished. I wasn't that powerful apparently though as most of the time when I lifted things to keep them there they would slowly start going back down.

I had a lot of fun with it and was showing my family, my dad being the one who wanted to test me with little tricky obstacle courses to lift something with my mind, ha. I think he was under the impression I was putting on some kind of show or illusion. He gave me a test where he put a pen inside of a cup, then set an upside down cup on top so that it was closed off. Lifted the cup off the top first, and then I lifted the pen directly after to prove him.

I dream practically every night but this was definitely one of my most enjoyable ones in a while. I've even been writing a LiveJournal entry about how I've been having so many dreams lately and what they all mean. I never used to remember having so many. Every night it seems. But anyways, the one last night was great. It was very memorable. It sucked when I woke up because I was like "F**k! I probably lost all my powers..."

*hovers hand over alarm clock*

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #279
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Unfortunately, the only dreams I seem to remember these days are the bad ones... Bit of a bummer really. I cant recall the last occurrence where I got a really good one.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #280
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

I had a rather interesting dream recently. I was getting out of the car with a happy African American guy that I identified as my best pal in my dream. He was very protective of me as we were heading up the stairs to a stadium to watch a game or something. When we get to the top of the stairs there are two stallions. One was a dirt caked, mean looking russet colored horse which ran away from me when I walked up to it and called it Shadowmere and the other was a clean, well groomed white horse with a long mane and tail. The strange thing about the white horse is that it was standing and then it fell to it's knees like its legs gave out from underneath it but it kept willing itself to stand again. I felt pity for the white horse and sadness. I woke up so I don't know what happens.

- I always defend the honor of people I consider friend material.

- I refuse to be just an option. It's either a real relationship or I walk away.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #281
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

Had another interesting dream. It's a short one but I dreamed that I had two sick, limp Goldfish in my hand and when I put them in a tank with healthy fish they were immediately healed and healthy.

- I refuse to be just an option. It's either a real relationship or I walk away.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle
Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #282
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

So I just played LSD Dream Emulator...I feel paranoid now.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #283
Megarob
www.digitalbomb.net

I dreamed that my daughter (shes 2 1/2) was missing on a vacation to London with my wife, and some close friends, then I found her face down in a pond of some sorts. I remembered her wet hair so well (she has a TON of hair, it's something everyone comments about her) So I pulled her out of the water while screaming "Call 911!!!!" to people around. And I tried to give her mouth to mouth, but I didn't know how, so I just started rubbing her chest and belly then she coughed all the water up and opened her eyes.

It was one of those really REAL weird dreams, I woke up freaked out of my mind, almost on the verge of tears, I had to go check on her, and I watched her sleep for a few minutes. It was really crappy! Next dream I post will be a happy one I hope.

Megarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #284
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I have a recurring theme in my dreams that it's super hard for me to walk. Like I'm walking through thick mud or something. That happened while I was walking to a bar to meet my friends in a dream last night.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #285
Megarob
www.digitalbomb.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I have a recurring theme in my dreams that it's super hard for me to walk. Like I'm walking through thick mud or something. That happened while I was walking to a bar to meet my friends in a dream last night.
I have dreams like that, but I am usually trying to get away from something or someone, and it's like I forgot how to run.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #286
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I usually have this one recurring dream (it started when my father passed away in 95) its where i'm following my father through his marina (he was an avid sailor and fisherman) and they were constantly building things kind of reminded me of a steel refinery. I feel like everytime i have that dream its because im sad,mad, or scared of something. Always at the end of the dream my father is laughing depending on the mood I am in, it changes in tempo.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #287
Megarob
www.digitalbomb.net

I dreamed was doing stand up comedy at a club, and was bombing hardcore. People were getting up and walking out.. So I started making fun of those people. Got a few laughs then I woke up...

Old 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #288
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
So I just played LSD Dream Emulator...I feel paranoid now.
Have you encountered any of the giant chirping babies?

Old 02-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #289
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Have you encountered any of the giant chirping babies?
Yes! I knew very little of LSD Dream Emulator when I first played the game, and when I encountered the chirping babies I was like WTF? Last night I encountered the Gray Man. That's what really got me looking over my shoulder lol.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #290
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

God, those chirping babies are pretty disturbing if you're not expecting it. It's a pretty bizarre jump scare type of a thing.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #291
JaD
Thriller Night

This was my brother's dream but I thought it was too good to not share.

He dreamed that Mel Gibson was chasing him with a gun trying to kill him... in a bathrobe.

James Dean
Old 02-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #292
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

I dreamed a version of the Looper, where there were THREE Joes, Willis playing one and Gordon-Levitt playing the other two (I think one of them was supposed to be slightly older). Some time-travel trick has forced them all to work together. Mary Kate Wiles (from the Lizzie Bennett Diaries) was with them also.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #293
JaD
Thriller Night

I think you just dreamed the screenplay for the sequel, Loopers.

I think it's time to make that pitch.

James Dean
Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #294
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

When I was about 7-8 I had ongoing dreams for about 2-3 months of the villain in Superman IV: Quest for Peace.

He would fly around my house chasing me through the halls, attic, basement, outside. I would eventually hide and wake up right as soon as he found me. Was the scariest dreams I had around that age.

All of my nightmares I seem to be running/being chased by something evil. Or I'm lost/late at my old highschool.

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.

Last edited by NickNitro; 02-12-2013 at 03:56 PM.
NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #295
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I always used to have nightmares about Lou Ferrigno's The Incredible Hulk. My dad always used to watch it.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #296
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Last night I dreamt I was watching Doctor Who with my mom, and the episode depicted the 10th doctor arriving in a parallel earth where he meets his parallel self, who's just freshly regenerated into a girl, still wearing Tennant's suit and longcoat.

Last edited by DawnWarrior; 03-28-2013 at 10:54 PM.
DawnWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #297
JaD
Thriller Night

I had an Oblivion (2013) inspired dream last night. I am interested in the movie but I don't know much about it. For some reason the dream was combined with elements of Mission: Impossible III where he was trying to shoot down the drone on the bridge. I guess shots from Oblivion of Cruise running around with that rifle brought the similarities together in my mind.

In the dream I was basically Tom Cruise in that space looking outfit from Oblivion trying to shoot down a drone in a large field that was trying to take me out. Strangely enough there was one last movie infused with both of these other films and that was Scarface.

When I was first attacked by the drone in the dream I got pissed (like, Tom Cruise in Collateral pissed) and started screaming out "You wanna f*** with me!?! Ok! You wanna play games!?! Fine!" as I prepped my gun. Fun dream though and action packed, I missed a few details about before and after since I didn't remember the dream until now but it was cool.

James Dean
Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #298
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

The gun is obviously a phallic symbol.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #299
JaD
Thriller Night

Fully automatic as well. I'm sure women love guys of that....caliber.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

James Dean
Old 04-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #300
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

Of you, you're encouragable.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote