The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #151
Optimus27932
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 9 "The Suicide King" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
It's not her zombiefied.

Thanks Kane, it was creepy when i first saw it bc it took me by surprise and i couldnt tell if it was just the lighting, the shadows etc.

Optimus27932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #152
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 9 "The Suicide King" Discussion Thread

I just hope they kill off Michonne. Before they decide killing off Morgan or Tyrese

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #153
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I just hope they kill off Michonne.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #154
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I know, right? I love Michonne.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #155
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Michonne isn't doing anything for me until she stops being such a one-dimensional glaring mute who just gives everyone looks of death instead of answering simple questions.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #156
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I was surprised how quick Daryl was rescued, Rick is gonna need him back as his right hand man pretty soon, now that he's lost his mind and seems to be about to be crushed on by Hershel's underage daughter.

The Governor has flipped his **** now his daughter has been killed for a second time, I imagine it's only matter of time before he starts to see Andrea as a threat instead of a concubine.

Poor Maggie and Glen.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #157
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Glenn looks really messed up. Poor guy really went thought the fire.

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #158
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I was surprised how quick Daryl was rescued, Rick is gonna need him back as his right hand man pretty soon, now that he's lost his mind and seems to be about to be crushed on by Hershel's underage daughter.

The Governor has flipped his **** now his daughter has been killed for a second time, I imagine it's only matter of time before he starts to see Andrea as a threat instead of a concubine.

Poor Maggie and Glen.
You people are reading way too much into a kiss on the cheek.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #159
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I didnt take it as her being into Rick. It was more of a "welcome home, I'm glad to see you alive" kiss

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #160
Optimus27932
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I didnt take it as her being into Rick. It was more of a "welcome home, I'm glad to see you alive" kiss
I agree when i saw it i was like she was just happy that they made it back home safe.

Optimus27932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #161
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Omg, she was totally crushing on him...

Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #162
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

FYI, AMC uploaded 309 on their website.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #163
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

I agree with Sawyer. Some of ya'll are looking way too much into that kiss or peck on the cheek. It was a "thank you for bringing my sister, Glenn, and yourself back safe and alive" kiss. Nothing more. What's next Beth's kiss is the real reason Rick is going insane?

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #164
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I can see why people are putting a lot into the kiss. The camera lingered for a long time and it seemed they wanted us to focus on it. Also, with Beth being the "mom" to little Judith Asskicker so to speak, I can see that developing further. I hope it doesn't because it's a lame cliche storyline but yeah.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #165
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I can see why people are putting a lot into the kiss. The camera lingered for a long time and it seemed they wanted us to focus on it. Also, with Beth being the "mom" to little Judith Asskicker so to speak, I can see that developing further. I hope it doesn't because it's a lame cliche storyline but yeah.
The camera was on them for literally, like, three seconds.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #166
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
It was shot in a way to mean more than just a kiss which is why Rick looked surprised and awkward, that's going to be a plot line going forward as his kid has a crush on her and I think Axel is a pedo rapist.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #167
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
and I think Axel is a pedo rapist.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #168
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
He had his eye on her already.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #169
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
The camera was on them for literally, like, three seconds.
That's a long time bro.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #170
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
He had his eye on her already.
Yeah, but why would he be a pedophile and a rapist? He's been in jail and then was locked in a room with four other men for 9 months. There was an available girl, so he took a shot. Then he found out Carol wasn't a lesbian and he hit on her too and has since started giving more attention to her. He's just a horny guy like the comics version, who purposefully strolled in on the ladies taking a shower and pretended it was an accident. Doesn't mean he's gonna force himself on anyone. He hasn't shown a single sinister trait, the only objectionable thing he's done is hit on an underage girl, who isn't even THAT underage.

Beth is 17. I mean, all of society has crumbled and shooting (what used to be) people in the face and hoping other groups don't kill you is a daily thing. If it was Sophia, yeah, that's ****ing creepy. But is hitting on someone a few months below the legal age of consent that big of a deal all things considered?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #171
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
It was shot in a way to mean more than just a kiss which is why Rick looked surprised and awkward, that's going to be a plot line going forward as his kid has a crush on her and I think Axel is a pedo rapist.
Exactly. She's obviously getting attached to the baby, and for a girl who tried to commit suicide a year ago to one now talking about wanting to have a child, she just went for broke and gave Rick a kiss.

And I also think Axel is skeevy, even though I felt sorry for him when he learned about Oscar.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #172
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
It's not that outlandish of a theory, but I don't agree with it. Dude's been in the joint for awhile. Then he's suddenly got three women in his place: one in a relationship already, one he believes is a lesbian and the other is 17. What, is he going to say "No no-- I'm going to wait until she hits that big 1-8." It's a zombie apocalypse. 17 and 18 are practically the same.

And, to be fair, he pretty much forgot all about Beth once he learned that Carol wasn't a lesbian, so...

Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #173
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, but why would he be a pedophile and a rapist? He's been in jail and then was locked in a room with four other men for 9 months. There was an available girl, so he took a shot. Then he found out Carol wasn't a lesbian and he hit on her too and has since started giving more attention to her. He's just a horny guy like the comics version, who purposefully strolled in on the ladies taking a shower and pretended it was an accident. Doesn't mean he's gonna force himself on anyone. He hasn't shown a single sinister trait, the only objectionable thing he's done is hit on an underage girl, who isn't even THAT underage.

Beth is 17. I mean, all of society has crumbled and shooting (what used to be) people in the face and hoping other groups don't kill you is a daily thing. If it was Sophia, yeah, that's ****ing creepy. But is hitting on someone a few months below the legal age of consent that big of a deal all things considered?
The quieter and less threatening he seems the more certain I am that there's something darker underneath, the fact the first woman he goes for is a girl who looks closer to 15 and is clearly a bit naive just gave me that vibe, maybe I'll be wrong but I just get the feeling there's going to be more to it than a simple horny mistake.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #174
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

The skeevy part is that Axel looks way older than 17, certainly old enough to be Beth's father.

I get the whole end of the world, rules don't apply, hasn't done it in years thing. But still, that is a kid. She looks like a kid, she acts like a kid, her father is right nearby. Keep looking, Axel.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #175
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
It's not that outlandish of a theory, but I don't agree with it. Dude's been in the joint for awhile. Then he's suddenly got three women in his place: one in a relationship already, one he believes is a lesbian and the other is 17. What, is he going to say "No no-- I'm going to wait until she hits that big 1-8." It's a zombie apocalypse. 17 and 18 are practically the same.

And, to be fair, he pretty much forgot all about Beth once he learned that Carol wasn't a lesbian, so...
I relaxed on that whole thing when he went after Carol too, since it appeared it wasn't just a creepy young girl fetish thing. I was also happy that Carol's creep radar was working well enough to warn him to keep away from Beth.

But still...you know that expression "not if you're the last man on earth"? I suspect Axel will be hearing a lot of that.