Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #751
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I thought Green Goblin was much easier. He's a scrapper so just use Thor and Hulk and he's a green smear on the pavement after a turn.
I use Hercules and Hulk and it's over in 2 turns or under.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #752
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I use Hercules and Hulk and it's over in 2 turns or under.
I love Hercules, so i'll be sure to bring him along

I've been slow in getting to Green Goblin due to iso shortage, but hopefully i can get there today. That will get me help some lockboxes to complete task 22, cause i havent gotten a single one last few days

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #753
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Talking about boxes, I just defeated the epic boss in chapter 2 and, from all of the boxes I could get, I receive the thing I LESS want in the roullete. Not even CP or gold, but something to use on combat which I don't even remember the name. Again.

It pisses me off to no end because I don't have UISO anymore and on the daily roullete I only get those jars or scarabs. I'm short on luck, too.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #754
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I'm about 15 UIso short of getting Havok since I had to redo the Living Monolith boss fight after he killed my whole team in 2 rounds with his cosmic energy attack.

As for lockboxes, I got my 7th Magneto cover and need one more to get him. Plus, I got The Bishop, the epic drop from SO2, and I can now use The Rook to it's full extent.

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 02-11-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #755
Raiden
What a bunch of...

I'm still alot of CP short on recruiting DP, so I think I'm going to spend gold because I don't want to skip that task with 25 gold. Plus, I'll probably need him down the road for deploys or other nonsense that PD likes to throw at us.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #756
Bim
Side-Kick

I had a lockboxes filled day yesterday, and ended up getting 34. I'm one comic book cover short of completing all 8 and managed to also win some CP points. It was a good day

I already have three stars in mission 2, but i'm thinking i should get the one i need before heading out to play mission 3. Anyone know if it's possible to do one run of mission 3 and complete tasks 23, 24 and 25? or will i have to play it a third time anyways?

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #757
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

That depends. If you don't have 3 stars on missions 3, then you'll have to go again.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #758
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I had a lockboxes filled day yesterday, and ended up getting 34. I'm one comic book cover short of completing all 8 and managed to also win some CP points. It was a good day

I already have three stars in mission 2, but i'm thinking i should get the one i need before heading out to play mission 3. Anyone know if it's possible to do one run of mission 3 and complete tasks 23, 24 and 25? or will i have to play it a third time anyways?
If you can get three stars after finishing off a run of Mission 3, then 24 will auto-complete. You have to do another run to finish Task 25 after 3-starring since it won't auto-complete even if you've beaten Green Goblin on a previous run.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #759
Bim
Side-Kick

Thanks guys . Looks like playing another one is inevitable. I guess it would make sense to try and go for the 4star if i want to get Magneto (which i'm not betting much on due to the shortage of isos ). I need that 1000 isos win!!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #760
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks guys . Looks like playing another one is inevitable. I guess it would make sense to try and go for the 4star if i want to get Magneto (which i'm not betting much on due to the shortage of isos ). I need that 1000 isos win!!
Same here. Been getting nothing but 20 UIso the 4-5 couple days. Before that, it was mainly just consumables that I inevitably won't use. Best thing so far has been 10 gold that I used to buy lockboxes.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #761
Bim
Side-Kick

Yeah, i got 20 isos today, at least that's something. But i gotta go on an epic run for mission 3, so i'm still gonna be short since we can only accept 50 gifts per day It should be 50 every hour at least, geesh.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #762
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, i got 20 isos today, at least that's something. But i gotta go on an epic run for mission 3, so i'm still gonna be short since we can only accept 50 gifts per day It should be 50 every hour at least, geesh.
Got 10 Gold again and immediately bought more lockboxes. Didn't get anything great, mainly consumables, ISO crystals, and a Teleological Suspender.

That's how the game is on Playdom's site (50 per hour). The only reason we're limited to 50 a day on FB is because that their gifting limit and anything over that, they consider it spamming. Playdom could easily address this by making each UIso gift worth like 2 or 5 UIso, instead of just 1. Still wouldn't equal what you get on Playdom, but definitely would make things a touch easier.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #763
Bim
Side-Kick

Exactly, they could compensate to FB players like that.

You're lucky! I wish i could get 10 gold, or at least the 1000 isos. That would make me very happy

Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #764
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly, they could compensate to FB players like that.

You're lucky! I wish i could get 10 gold, or at least the 1000 isos. That would make me very happy
I got a bit impatient and started using some of my 130+ gold and did about 9 respins on the roulette trying to get the 1000 UIso. I'm down to 103 gold but no UIso, but I did get 5 consumables, the Rayshield Generator, 10 Gold (which I subsequently used to keep respinning), and 2 20xCP. Think I learned my lesson there.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #765
Bim
Side-Kick

Respins are evil to the core! I lost a lot of gold once and now i try not to give into it. I break my rule on epic bosses, and not often either. I did manage to land 100 isos today, so now i'm on my way to defeat Green Goblin and complete task 25 I'd love to be able to get Magneto, but unless i score big with isos it's gonna be tough. I have enough to worry due to the stupid lockboxes anyways I'm just one comic book cover away, but i figure the last one's the toughest one lol.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #766
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I don't ever try to respin, since I'm short on gold and my luck is rotten. I've been getting only that jar and the golden scarab. Argh!

I'd like to fight Green Goblin, but I don't have Tigra or Beast. I have 58 CP and 32 gold. If I spend my gold I can get Tigra, but I don't think I can get more in time to buy Beast. Just this task to get Havok.

If I don't have enough by the end, then I'll just use my gold to skip the task and get Havok anyway.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #767
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

While I was disappointed in not getting any UIso, I did manage to get those 2 20 CP spots on back-to-back spins. I've gotten so much CP in the last 2 days (65), that I'm not even worried about having enough for Wasp or anyone else they throw at us.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #768
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Wasp is now available (90 CP Infiltrator) and they buffed Wolverine, making his attacks complement one another and adding in some new passives.

They changed the skills to Magneto, Havok, SW, and Emma Frost.

People are saying that you can get UIso and a special Valentine-related consumable when visiting allies now. Too bad I already did my ally collection for the day.

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 02-15-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #769
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Respins are evil to the core! I lost a lot of gold once and now i try not to give into it. I break my rule on epic bosses, and not often either. I did manage to land 100 isos today, so now i'm on my way to defeat Green Goblin and complete task 25 I'd love to be able to get Magneto, but unless i score big with isos it's gonna be tough. I have enough to worry due to the stupid lockboxes anyways I'm just one comic book cover away, but i figure the last one's the toughest one lol.
Re spins are not worth it from what I read, save your gold

I might be able to get Havok but not Magneto the lack of winning any ISO on the spins really hurting me

Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #770
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

There's also now some changes to PVP, including a daily PVP bonus roulette after 5 wins. Plus, some other changes to heroes.

http://forum.playdom.com/showthread....15-Patch-Notes

Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #771
Bim
Side-Kick

I'm stunned right now. So i completed task 25 and recruited Havok. Got myself 12 lockboxes in the roulette and i go to open them... i got the last comic book cover i needed and recruited Magneto!!! I dont even need to 4 star the three missions in order to try and get more lockboxes, but i just might just for the heck of it Oh, and i also made it to level 121... it's a good night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
People are saying that you can get UIso and a special Valentine-related consumable when visiting allies now. Too bad I already did my ally collection for the day.
Yeah i noticed that. I got IronMan valentine, Cap valentine, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor.. what the heck are those about? lol. Even isos are dropping when u visit allies, so get to visiting urs!

Last edited by Bim; 02-15-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #772
zenith16
Side-Kick

congrats I'm happy I'm not the only one that picked them both up . but as I said I taking long break from SO. this is too much work just for those characters.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #773
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm stunned right now. So i completed task 25 and recruited Havok. Got myself 12 lockboxes in the roulette and i go to open them... i got the last comic book cover i needed and recruited Magneto!!! I dont even need to 4 star the three missions in order to try and get more lockboxes, but i just might just for the heck of it Oh, and i also made it to level 121... it's a good night!

Yeah i noticed that. I got IronMan valentine, Cap valentine, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor.. what the heck are those about? lol. Even isos are dropping when u visit allies, so get to visiting urs!
Got no luck with the deploys and roulettes. Have gotten only like 20 through those; rest came from Magneto side missions, the few PD gave us initially, and about 10-15 bought with my stored gold. With UIso now dropping through ally visits, may get enough to 4-star and complete the final Magneto task.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #774
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:

Congrats on getting Magneto! I'm still at 6/8 covers and I can only hope that there's enough time for me to get him before SO is done.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 02-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #775
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

The complete lack of free Iso during this Spec Ops, combined with the amount of effort needed to unlock Magneto, makes this AA more and more like a carnival game every day ... designed to trick you into spending money for little to no reward.

I wish there was an option to (completely) delete the game without deleting your Facebook. These social-media games are like drugs...

Closed Thread