The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #601
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Fans are extremely petty, spoiled, and stupid sometimes.

Nothing lasts forever. Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes got 52 episodes which is likely more than anything on DC Nation is going to get at this point. Disney is at least supporting Marvel unlike Cartoon Network.

- CM Punk
Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #602
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Are we still fighting over this, I thought we where in 2013 and we have accepted the unfortunate change? I want avengers EMHS to continue and I believe they could have with new animation, but Jeph Loab and company are going for a different root unfortunately for that show.

So what the hell is all this fanboys being spoiled and stupid coming from now?

That news from the site is just to prepare people, letting them know it's not a continuation (I didn't believe it in the first place), for something new.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #603
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
Are we still fighting over this, I thought we where in 2013 and we have accepted the unfortunate change? I want avengers EMHS to continue and I believe they could have with new animation, but Jeph Loab and company are going for a different root unfortunately for that show.

So what the hell is all this fanboys being spoiled and stupid coming from now?

That news from the site is just to prepare people, letting them know it's not a continuation (I didn't believe it in the first place), for something new.
"Avengers Assemble" is probably better off not being a continuation of EMH. The look, the feel, the sound, the different voice actors (with the exception of Fred Tatasciore as Hulk), I don't think it would have synced properly with EMH.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #604
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
"Avengers Assemble" is probably better off not being a continuation of EMH. The look, the feel, the sound, the different voice actors (with the exception of Fred Tatasciore as Hulk), I don't think it would have synced properly with EMH.
Most definitely that's true, I feel the story quality will reduce (not by much). But I am 100% sure that the animation will be vastly superior.

So it's best to start fresh, I don't want any connection with the two as much as I would love a continuation of AMHS but I will watch this definitely.

And I am in the position where I take what I can get due to the fact that Young Justice and Green Lantern The Animated Series that I follow so much is gone after the season is over.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 AM   #605
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
I'm sure it won't be.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #606
Sneakronicity
Side-Kick

I just hope they give us a little preview sometime soon. I'm very much looking forward to more animated Avengers. If it's going to premiere in the Spring there should soon be something they can show us.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #607
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Red Skull, The Leader, and Wolverine will all likely appear in the show at some point.

- CM Punk
Old 02-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #608
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Angry Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Remember when we were assured the Avengers: EMH had low ratings and that Ultimate Spider-Man was beating it? Well, that was a lie, according to DisneyXD's own press releases.

Quote:
“Lab Rats” Premieres to Record Levels, Fast Becoming Disney XD’s #1 Series; Marvel’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”“ is Network’s #1 Animated Series in Total Viewers; “Ultimate Spider-Man” #1 Animated Series Across Key Boy Demos

Disney XD 2012 Prime and Total Day

Disney XD rocketed to its biggest year in the network’s history (including its 10 years as Toon Disney) with solid ratings from its growing array of original series -- most notably its top three live-action comedies , “Lab Rats,” “Pair of Kings” and “Kickin’ It” – in addition to the hit Marvel animated series “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” and “Ultimate Spider-Man.” Yearly ratings records were achieved in both Prime and Total Day in Total Viewers and all key kid and boy demographics, 2-11, 6-14, 6-11 and 9-14, rising by solid margins over year-ago results.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...aphics/162507/
A lot of us suspected this and now it's confirmed. Loeb and Quesada engineered the cancellation of a show that their own network's press release touts as a "hit series" that was the network's #1 in total viewers. The show is dead so this is all moot now, but those websites like Bleeding Cool that jumped to XD's defense ought to man up and admit they were wrong.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #609
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Loeb and Quesada have simply become the enemies of good things. A shame they have so much power at Marvel. They brought in Quesada during a time of turmoil. Well, that time is over. His methods don't match what we need right now.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #610
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Geez enough with the crybaby BS. They didn't engineer anything. They didn't engineer the cancellation. The show got 52 episodes ordered and they got made. They made a new show that was closer to the movie. Get the heck over it.

Xeno000, what was the lie? When did Loeb, Quesada, or anyone in charge of Marvel say the show was getting low ratings or that Ultimate Spider-Man was beating it. Give out some actual facts instead of some fake nonsense made up by Marvel TV News, strugler, and the rest.

From the same article and what was ignored:

Quote:
Marvel’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” ranked as the network’s #1 animated series of 2012 in Total Viewers (847,000), with “Ultimate Spider-Man” #1 in Boys 2-11 (210,000/1.0 rating), Boys 6-14 (204,000/1.1 rating), Boys 6-11 (153,000/1.2 rating) and Boys 9-14 (131,000/1.1 rating).
Haters will twist anything around to suit their illogical hatred and whims.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 02-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #611
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Well the shows did well even though, none of them reached a million views like other shows from cartoon network and Nickelodeon.

Lets see if avengers assemble passes a million mark. I want them to be in the same league of viewership like young justice, legend of korra and teenage mutant ninja turtles that all reached the 3 million mark. I believe Marvel is very powerful enough to reach those heights.

So I am guessing total viewership of Ultimate Spider-man is 698,000 while Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes is 847,000

Last edited by bigdaddy313; 02-12-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #612
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Geez enough with the crybaby BS. They didn't engineer anything. They didn't engineer the cancellation. The show got 52 episodes ordered and they got made. They made a new show that was closer to the movie. Get the heck over it.

Xeno000, what was the lie? When did Loeb, Quesada, or anyone in charge of Marvel say the show was getting low ratings or that Ultimate Spider-Man was beating it. Give out some actual facts instead of some fake nonsense made up by Marvel TV News, strugler, and the rest.

From the same article and what was ignored:

Haters will twist anything around to suit their illogical hatred and whims.

I knew before I posted that you would be the first person to weigh in and try to police opinions here, like you always have. You were here when the whole controversy over the ratings happened trying to force people not to discuss it, so you know very well what the deal was. What you highlighted were USM's demo ratings, not the overall number which has always been lower than EMH. I'm not going to track down everything that was said at the time, but the people at XD did indeed maintain that EMH had lower ratings overall than USM.

You can blather about haters all you want, but that does not change the bottom line: EMH had DisneyXD's highest ratings for an anmated series. Period.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #613
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I knew before I posted that you would be the first person to weigh in and try to police opinions here, like you always have. You were here when the whole controversy over the ratings happened trying to force people not to discuss it, so you know very well what the deal was. What you highlighted were USM's demo ratings, not the overall number which has always been lower than EMH. I'm not going to track down everything that was said at the time, but the people at XD did indeed maintain that EMH had lower ratings overall than USM.
The key demos which Ultimate Spider-Man was higher than Avengers. Once again you can't put together any actual facts or legitimate quotes to support your false arguments.

Avengers might've had the higher viewership, but if Ultimate Spider-Man was higher in the key demos, that means Avengers was clearly lower. Networks and advertisers care more about the key demos.

What you said in bold is a lie and you have no actual evidence to back it up. No one at Disney XD ever said that about Avengers and I guarantee you will not find anything to back that up but feel free.

Quote:
You can blather about haters all you want, but that does not change the bottom line: EMH had DisneyXD's highest ratings for an animated series. Period.
So what is your point? Show was a success and now they are making another Avengers show. So we are getting more Avengers animation. So where is the problem?

- CM Punk
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #614
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
Well the shows did well even though, none of them reached a million views like other shows from cartoon network and Nickelodeon.

Lets see if avengers assemble passes a million mark. I want them to be in the same league of viewership like young justice, legend of korra and teenage mutant ninja turtles that all reached the 3 million mark. I believe Marvel is very powerful enough to reach those heights.

So I am guessing total viewership of Ultimate Spider-man is 698,000 while Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes is 847,000
Unfortunately that won't happen. Disney XD is not in as many homes as Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, or Cartoon Network so their viewership will never be as high. If they put these shows on Disney Channel that could change.

- CM Punk
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #615
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Well that won't happen. I think because of the film, it will get a better ratings than previously.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #616
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Hopefully, but you won't ever see it get higher numbers than around the 800K-1 million range on Disney XD. The accessibility just isn't there.

- CM Punk
Old 02-13-2013, 03:29 AM   #617
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Just as well. I still haven't seen them produce anything that can match Adventure Time, Young Justice, Amazing World of Gumbo, Looney Tunes, Korra, etc because it seems like the people at Disney and Marvel feel cartoons have to be retarded and completely aligned towards 5 year olds.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 AM   #618
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Oh please, they obviously cancelled it. Go back and watch the final episodes of the show. The creative team obviously thought they were going to be getting an additional season to bring the series to 64 episodes when production on season 2 began as they set up numerous plots such as Registration Act and Kree/Skrull war but had to change their plans midway because Loeb and Quesada cancelled it. They only want to capitalize off of the movie and don't care about the fans enough to let EMH run its course.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:19 AM   #619
strugler
Hadoken

Quote:
Give out some actual facts instead of some fake nonsense made up by Marvel TV News, strugler, and the rest.
What the hell is wrong with you dude????

STOP THE F*** ATTACKING ME EVERYTIME YOU TRY TO PLAY ATTORNEY FOR MARVEL, Quesada AND LOEB.

LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR BS.

I said it before and i will say it again: I did not make any BS and why would i???? everything that appeared on marvel tv news was facts and got proven now so leave me alone please and don't talk to me nor mention me. I tried to be nice to you, i even sent you a message telling you its ok we had our differences now lets act like adults, but you clearly do not want to, so ignore me and STOP CALLING ME A LIAR EVERYTIME YOU WANT TO MAKE A POINT!!!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:27 AM   #620
strugler
Hadoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Oh please, they obviously cancelled it. Go back and watch the final episodes of the show. The creative team obviously thought they were going to be getting an additional season to bring the series to 64 episodes when production on season 2 began as they set up numerous plots such as Registration Act and Kree/Skrull war but had to change their plans midway because Loeb and Quesada cancelled it. They only want to capitalize off of the movie and don't care about the fans enough to let EMH run its course.
You have better chances convincing a wall than the vile one. He takes it very personal when someone dares to not like the new marvel animated series. Get ready to a whole lot of this when Hulk and The agents of SMASH debut and people start complaining.

And yes you are right, the showrunners had hoped a new season will come out but things changed once loeb took charge.

Loeb is not trying to destroy what we love, its the whole direction Marvel and DisneyXD are wanting from animated series that is.

So it is not just loeb and quesada. And it hink this is the new trend for animated series, i mean look at Young Justice and Green Lantern, people used to say look at those marvel and look at what you did with Ultimate Spidey, but now they got cancelled.

I think we are in for a lot of disappointments in terms of animated series, whether we are Marvel fans or DC fans. Just like back at the 90's the trend was to make cartoons feel more mature, dark and serious, the 2010's is about making cartoon for young kids, with ADD and cheap humor, that ONLY the kids will enjoy.

I still have hope for avengers Assemble though.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #621
r0derix
Side-Kick

Quote:
What you said in bold is a lie and you have no actual evidence to back it up. No one at Disney XD ever said that about Avengers and I guarantee you will not find anything to back that up but feel free.
How about this tweet from Joe Quesada from June:
"But USM is the #1 animated show on DXD and we're incredibly happy about that."

He did not say number one in the demographics. He said number one. That was a lie according to this new press release.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #622
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Just as well. I still haven't seen them produce anything that can match Adventure Time, Young Justice, Amazing World of Gumbo, Looney Tunes, Korra, etc because it seems like the people at Disney and Marvel feel cartoons have to be retarded and completely aligned towards 5 year olds.
Amazing World of Gumball? Have you actually watched that show.

Guess what Mr. Dent. Young Justice just got cancelled. It got less episodes than The Avengers. Green Lantern? Also cancelled.

So you failed on all counts there.

- CM Punk
Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #623
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0derix View Post
How about this tweet from Joe Quesada from June:
"But USM is the #1 animated show on DXD and we're incredibly happy about that."

He did not say number one in the demographics. He said number one. That was a lie according to this new press release.
No its not. That was as of last June. And per the demographics it was. The claim from Xeno000 was that Disney XD and Marvel claimed that The Avengers was getting too low ratings.

That claim was likely accurate as of June. This release was for overall 2012. And Ultimate Spider-Man was still number one in the key demos, so care to try again?

- CM Punk
Old 02-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #624
r0derix
Side-Kick

Quote:
No its not. That was as of last June. And per the demographics it was. The claim from Xeno000 was that Disney XD and Marvel claimed that The Avengers was getting too low ratings.

That claim was likely accurate as of June. This release was for overall 2012. And Ultimate Spider-Man was still number one in the key demos, so care to try again?
:sigh: Whatever you gotta keep telling yourself man. I guess if you repeat something enough you will believe it.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #625
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0derix View Post
:sigh: Whatever you gotta keep telling yourself man. I guess if you repeat something enough you will believe it.

Some people will just stick to their beliefs even when it's proven that they are lies. The folks over at Bleeding Cool certainly did, going so far as to publish the name and address of a fansite owner in an attempt to smear him. Vile One will jump to XD's defense whenever he gets even a whiff of criticism for the channel or its shows. They act like they have some sort of vested interest in backing Quesada and Loeb.

Closed Thread