The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #626
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

xeno000 sticks to his own lies. I deal in actual facts and the truth unlike xeno000. Bleeding Cool is Bleeding Cool. They are a news outlet. They aren't Disney XD or Marvel. So Xeno000 until you actually care to bring in some actual facts or data, you have absolutely nothing.

Last June, what happened around the time Quesda made the tweet. Oh let's see, the seasons for Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers started TWO MONTHS BEFORE in April. When did the season end for Avengers in 2012? NOVEMBER! The last episode was shown in November. So wow they couldn't calculate the overall 2012 numbers and release them until now. That Tweet is not a lie and is a non-factor at this point.

What was the number one movie of all time until Avatar? Titanic. Does that mean Titanic was never the number one movie? Give me a break.

You guys act like DCA and CN are so perfect, look at what is happening with Young Justice and Green Lantern. They pulled them without any notice at all last September just after the new seasons started. Then the shows just got cancelled after two seasons. You got 46 episodes for Young Justice and 26 for Green Lantern. Shows get very good ratings, but guess what? Young Justice toy line and comic series got cancelled. No merchandise support no cartoon. Bye bye Young Justice.

- CM Punk
Old 02-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #627
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Amazing World of Gumball? Have you actually watched that show.

Guess what Mr. Dent. Young Justice just got cancelled. It got less episodes than The Avengers. Green Lantern? Also cancelled.

So you failed on all counts there.
What? I wasn't talking about their ratings success I was talking about the quality of the shows...and even if I were YJ and GL regularly got better ratings than both EMH and Ultimate if that report of total viewers is true. And yes, it's on CN yada yada yada. If you just mean they got cancelled in general therefor they're not in any better shape than EMH, then your entire post is irrelevant to what I was arguing and you should work on your comprehension skills.

And I see you decided to ignore my other post.

Quote:
You guys act like DCA and CN are so perfect, look at what is happening with Young Justice and Green Lantern. They pulled them without any notice at all last September just after the new seasons started. Then the shows just got cancelled after two seasons. You got 46 episodes for Young Justice and 26 for Green Lantern. Shows get very good ratings, but guess what? Young Justice toy line and comic series got cancelled. No merchandise support no cartoon. Bye bye Young Justice.
No one is arguing that CN is perfect. What I said is that the quality of their shows has been better than Disney XD's by a good bit. I wasn't speaking to any outside factors, only the quality, which all that should matter in this conversation. You're the one trying to make it a Disney XD business practices vs CN out of some weird insecurity you seem to have, which, if you don't work for or own stock in Disney, is just strange.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 02-13-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #628
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

CN is in more homes than Disney XD. It's not a valid comparison.

Bellator gets higher ratings on Spike TV than UFC events that are on Fuel TV. That's because Fuel TV is available in about 30 million homes compared to Spike TV which is in almost 100 million.

What about the quality? Gumball is a goofy comedy show. It's watchable, but it's hardly five star quality TV. It's a cheaply done goofy comedy show with crude animation.

You folks are so burned about Avengers being cancelled and not getting a third season and yet Disney has shown more support for the Marvel brand and shows like Avengers than CN has ever shown for DC Animation and the DC Nation block. Lest you all forget how they pulled the block without any notice and without any reason given last September and then unceremoniously cancelled Green Lantern and Young Justice this year.

Thundercats was another great show, but Cartoon Network dropped it like a bad habit when the toy sales didn't meet their expectations. They buried the show and failed to properly support it after the premiere.

So what if those shows got better ratings? The Young Justice toyline failed and got cancelled. Then CN dropped the show. It's happened time and time again to quality shows that didn't have the merchandise support to back it up. The new He-Man series in 2002. Thundercats. And now Young Justice.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Oh please, they obviously cancelled it. Go back and watch the final episodes of the show. The creative team obviously thought they were going to be getting an additional season to bring the series to 64 episodes when production on season 2 began as they set up numerous plots such as Registration Act and Kree/Skrull war but had to change their plans midway because Loeb and Quesada cancelled it. They only want to capitalize off of the movie and don't care about the fans enough to let EMH run its course.
Only 52 episodes were ever ordered and they fulfilled that order. Tons of animated shows end without wrapping everything up with more things that could be told. Transformers G1 comes to mind. The toyline ran its course and there was no more juice to continue the animated show anymore so it just ended with lots of new plot points set up and things unresolved.

Registration Act was referenced but even Josh Fine said they couldn't do something like Civil War in how Civil War was done in the comics.

Transformers: Animated was a popular show with fans and it was cancelled after three seasons and 39 episodes when there was more story to tell. A fourth season was planned before the show got cancelled. And guess what, Hasbro did a brand new Transformers animated series right after that took more cues from the Michael Bay movies. And Prime turned out to be a much better show than Animated. All that really tells me is that fans are spoiled. You got a great show for 52 episodes and there could be another one. There is going to be another brand new Avengers series. Get over it and move on.

The little kids that these shows are aimed at are not going to whine and cry about Avengers Assemble not looking like Earth's Mightiest Heroes and start stupid little petitions and go on message boards talking about boycotts. They are going to sit and see a new Avenger show, think it looks cool, and watch it.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 02-13-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #629
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

TheVileOne, you are like CM Punk. You drop the truth in unexpected and great ways.

Kudos.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #630
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Transformers: Animated was a popular show with fans and it was cancelled after three seasons and 39 episodes when there was more story to tell. A fourth season was planned before the show got cancelled. And guess what, Hasbro did a brand new Transformers animated series right after that took more cues from the Michael Bay movies. And Prime turned out to be a much better show than Animated. All that really tells me is that fans are spoiled. You got a great show for 52 episodes and there could be another one. There is going to be another brand new Avengers series. Get over it and move on.
Too bad AA is probably not gonna be better than AEMH.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #631
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakepool View Post
Based on what exactly? You haven't even seen a single frame of animation.

- CM Punk
Old 02-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #632
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post
TheVileOne, you are like CM Punk. You drop the truth in unexpected and great ways.

Kudos.
The voice of the voiceless.

- CM Punk
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #633
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Based on what exactly? You haven't even seen a single frame of animation.
Same production team as USM.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #634
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Can we all not talk about Ultimate Spider-man on this thread? There is always a fight like we are getting money from them. We are acting more like football hooligans who fight while the teams the fight for get money.

Yes some of us don't like Ultimate Spider-man while some of us do that's great, it's all over the internet and I believe with all my heart Marvel knows and right now I don't give a s**t I am tired.

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes had it's run and was fun while it lasted, sucks that it's gone but nothing we can do we just have to look forward for to the new one.

Something looks interesting cause with the toy line that is based on the Avengers Assemble show, Hawkeye has the movie costume design but with purple colors and the bow resembles they design of EMHS (maybe that's the general design, I don't know). That could be a connection with the two I don't know but I am very curious.

So can we all agree to disagree cause this is getting very depressing?

Last edited by bigdaddy313; 02-16-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #635
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackBrian View Post
Please don't be like USM, please don't be like USM, please don't be like USM....
Ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I expect animation to look great, better than A:EMH, but story and direction remains to be seen.
Ditto

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The CustomInk logo looks a lot like the Hydra logo. Watch out for those guys, man
Old 02-16-2013, 03:11 AM   #636
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'm being optimistic, but it has a lot to live up to.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #637
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
It doesn't have to be better. Just because one show sets the standard doesn't mean others cannot be good.

When Batman Beyond was first announced fans cried bloody murder. Not unlike this. Fans were offended by the idea of a teenage Batman character set in the future taking place in continuity with BTAS/TNBA. You know why fans were pissed? At the time what they really wanted was Dini and Timm to do a Justice League type of series. They were literally choking with rage that they instead went with the Beyond scenario.

And then look at the 1990's X-Men series. Or then look at BTAS. Those were amazing storylines and great shows. Was X-Men Evolution better than 1990's X-Men? No probably not, but it was still a good, enjoyable show and they did a lot of cool stuff with that scenario. Was Brave and the Bold better than BTAS? No but it had its own charm and appeal. Not everything has to be better.

Just some food for thought.

- CM Punk
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #638
Drakepool
Side-Kick

The only reason I brought that up was 'cause you mentioned TF Prime being better than TF Animated.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #639
Venom Melendez
Side-Kick

Quote:
What are you basing this on? We haven't seen a clip or anything.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #640
Drakepool
Side-Kick

^ Just a guess.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #641
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I can see why people are assuming it's not going to be as good. EMH was any Avengers fan's dream cartoon.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #642
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

From this toy line I am liking the designs of the show, if this are the costumes they wear.

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-...-figures-7208/

USM is on hiatus for while which begs the question are they using the time as an opportunity to focus on trailers and details about AA and S.M.A.S.H and if that's the case then it might premiere in April which will also be a perfect time cause of Iron Man 3 coming out in may.

Last edited by bigdaddy313; 02-19-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #643
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
From this toy line I am liking the designs of the show, if this are the costumes they wear.

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-...-figures-7208/

USM is on hiatus for while which begs the question are they using the time as an opportunity to focus on trailers and details about AA and S.M.A.S.H and if that's the case then it might premiere in April which will also be a perfect time cause of Iron Man 3 coming out in may.
Thor's looking awesome. His suit really reminds me of his new suits/armor for TDW. I wonder if they'll add more to his chest area.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #644
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

It would be kool if they do change costumes every now and then and if this is Thor's main outfit then I will be very happy lol

Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #645
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Well some characters on Earth's Mightiest Heroes did change outfits from time to time. Thor's outfit changed in season 2. While he was a Skrull, the Skrull Cap wore an Ultimate style costume. Iron Man changed his main Iron Man suit. I think Hulk even started wearing different shorts.

Surprisingly Wasp never really changed outfits when her character had the reputation of changing her costume like every other month in the comics.

- CM Punk
Old 03-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #646
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think it was because only a few of her outfits were actually nice .

Old 03-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #647
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think it was because only a few of her outfits were actually nice .
To quote someone else, it would have been funny if EMH had shown Jan opening a closet to reveal an endless supply of un-used costumes.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 03-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #648
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

That would have been cool!

Old 03-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #649
strugler
Hadoken

new image promo plus official description for avengers assemble and Hulk and the agents of crap...err i mean smash

http://www.dailymarvelite.com/marvel...imated-series/

and yes hulk and the agents of smash sounds terrible. And as we reported on marvel tv news a long time ago the show is made in reality tv style.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #650
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I was talking about the reality TV element on Toonzone and here beforehand.

- CM Punk
Closed Thread