The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #926
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Certainly, erratic refereeing! Erratic match, to be quite honest... I dunno what to make of it! Madrid dominated but Manchester had the better chances... could have very nearly been the smash and grab akin to the Liverpool-West Brom tie!

Ronaldo was put under close watch all day and still scored a beauty! How good is this guy?

All that space afforded to Di Maria allowed him to run the attack in lieu of Ronnie.

Also, Phil Jones- well done again! I am officially off the "want a midfield warrior" bandwagon till the summer!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #927
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Very pleased with the result, I felt we needed to get an away goal at least. Madrid were the better side IMO and dominated the last 20 minutes of the first half, but a resolute defensive performance and an excellent set of saves from De Gea kept us level, there was nothing he could do about Air-Ronaldos header.

In the second half I felt we contained them better and had 4 good chances to grab a second. Welbeck, De Gea and Rio were all superb, and Jones does a good tracking job, but his lack of quality on the ball meant we never got a foothold in midfield.

It's still wide open, I think we'll need to score at least twice at Old Trafford to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Also, Hunter, my IP gets intermittently banned for some reason (and I'm reasonably sure I've done nothing to warrant that). If you could please look into it...
Shoot me a PM with the details and I'll look into it for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Juve was smart. However I like Marchisio more and more. Italy NT midfield (if they'll continue with 4-3-3) Marchisio - De Rossi - Pirlo is very close to Spain NT IMHO.
Pirlo is getting old but in Veratti they seem to have his successor. Marchisio is excellent and has gone underrated for a while because until last season Juve were in a slump. We were linked when his contract was running down but I'm sure they re-signed him.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #928
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Shoot me a PM with the details and I'll look into it for ya.
Never mind. It seems to have sorted itself out for now (obviously, since... you know... I'm here typing this!).

De Gea was pretty high on confidence last evening. Credit to Ferguson for that, actually. If it panned out the way I read it on the news, he gave the "Boy's walking now" speech in front of him at the press conference. That'd be quite inspiring, don't you think?

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
and
Old 02-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #929
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Never mind. It seems to have sorted itself out for now (obviously, since... you know... I'm here typing this!).

De Gea was pretty high on confidence last evening. Credit to Ferguson for that, actually. If it panned out the way I read it on the news, he gave the "Boy's walking now" speech in front of him at the press conference. That'd be quite inspiring, don't you think?
Heh, ok.

I'd imagine so, Fergie has always been a great man manager who can make a player believe in themselves.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #930
B
[insert witty comment]

Cristiano Ronaldo rules out Manchester City move as heart belongs to United

It would anger me if Ronaldo went to City, mainly because what I've seen of him from his time at United/Madrid is that he doesn't seem motivated by more money, he seems more motivated by awards, improving himself as a player, leaving his name behind in footballing records & of course winning, I think I move to City would contradict my perception of him as I feel players that are interested in moving to City are more interested in a paycheck than their own legacy or creating a dynasty(I think is the correct word) with City.

I'd love to see Ronaldo/RVP/Rooney trio up front.. it would be biblical.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #931
TheFuture
Rising

I still fancy Madrid over the two legs. I can't see Man U parking the bus at home like they did in the 2nd half last night. So I reckon it'll be an open game with a lot of goals.

2-2 on the night, Madrid through on away goals.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #932
Poeman
Banned User

Fergie will have them play aggressive...I expect RVP if fit to be big.

Rooney not so much

Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #933
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I still fancy Madrid over the two legs. I can't see Man U parking the bus at home like they did in the 2nd half last night. So I reckon it'll be an open game with a lot of goals.

2-2 on the night, Madrid through on away goals.

The thing is we have a pretty formidable home record and they have been poor away this season, plus they have to come at us as they must score, and counter attacking is one of our strengths, it's going to be tight no doubt, but I think we hold the slight edge going into the second leg.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #934
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

UTD played a good away game, defended well restricting Madrid mostly to long range efforts which De Ga was up to handling, and they do have the edge now going into the home game.

But never take anything for granted with Mourhinho. His Porto drew at home to UTD then against all expectations beat them at Old Trafford.

For me it's too close to call, but if I had to bet on it I'd go with UTD as the odds are in their favor now, but my gut is telling me Jose might yet have the last laugh.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #935
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
The thing is we have a pretty formidable home record and they have been poor away this season, plus they have to come at us as they must score, and counter attacking is one of our strengths, it's going to be tight no doubt, but I think we hold the slight edge going into the second leg.
I wouldn't sit back and let Madrid come at ye though, it only takes one goal and they'll have cancelled your advantage as well as leading the tie.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #936
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Couple of cracking free-kicks from Bale tonight, he's in the best form of his career without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
UTD played a good away game, defended well restricting Madrid mostly to long range efforts which De Ga was up to handling, and they do have the edge now going into the home game.

But never take anything for granted with Mourhinho. His Porto drew at home to UTD then against all expectations beat them at Old Trafford.

For me it's too close to call, but if I had to bet on it I'd go with UTD as the odds are in their favor now, but my gut is telling me Jose might yet have the last laugh.
The only thing I would be surprised by is if either team got blown away in the second leg, I think it'll go down to the wire and be decided by one goal either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I wouldn't sit back and let Madrid come at ye though, it only takes one goal and they'll have cancelled your advantage as well as leading the tie.
I think we'll need to be measured, try and control the tempo better than we did when we got the ball at the Bernabeu, especially for the first half. If we can do that and Madrid get more desperate in chasing the goal then we can utilize out counter attack.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #937
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

2 great headers and a solid performance from De Gea. Great result also. Can't wait for the return leg.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #938
bapi
Side-Kick

4 goals and 1 assist in first three Milan matches for Mario. Wonder what we'll offer this summer. Hopefully 70M will be enough.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #939
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

So Robbie Rogers comes out of the closet and retires from football. I'm more shocked about the retiring part.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #940
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
So Robbie Rogers comes out of the closet and retires from football. I'm more shocked about the retiring part.
Why has he retired at 25?

Old 02-16-2013, 12:14 AM   #941
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Moyes puts Everton contract talks on hold to open the door to Chelsea job

Chelsea target ex-Real Madrid boss Pellegrini after failing to land Guardiola

Which would you prefer Wobbly?

Old 02-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #942
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

If it were me, I'd retire Pellegrini for good. He won eff all in Ronaldo's first year at Madrid.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
and
Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #943
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

If I have to choose between only those 2 then Moyes. He knows our game and has done well with limited resources at Everton. Pelligrini doesn't know our game and didn't do much to merit great interest in his season at Real.

Beyond those two, then I'd love Mourhinho back, or failing him I'd like to see them take a chance on Zola. Either of those 2 are loved by the fans (and rightly so).

Unfortunately predicting who Roman chooses is extremely difficult, if not impossible.

I would never have thought they'd have gone for Benitez for example. After the fans had let it be known very vocally what they thought of that idea, the decision to appoint him still bemuses me. It was like sticking the middle finger to the fans.

That he currently has the worst record of any Chelsea manager since Roman took over, and this includes Grant, Scholari, AVB, Ranieri, and the guy he replaced RDM, only serves to justify why he should never have been given the job.

But Roman obviously does not listen to the fans, so what we want, and what he gets, is anyone's guess.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #944
bapi
Side-Kick

Sportmediaset in Italy is claiming Silva's relationship with Mancini has fallen apart post-Southampton game. Wow, this season is better and better. Kun could be next...

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #945
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post

I'm wondering if it's just to let the dust settle? Apparently he's the first footballer to publicly come out since Justin Fashanu, I'd like to think opinions have changed since then, but I'm not so optimistic. Good on him though

Old 02-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #946
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
I'm wondering if it's just to let the dust settle? Apparently he's the first footballer to publicly come out since Justin Fashanu, I'd like to think opinions have changed since then, but I'm not so optimistic. Good on him though
sadly not gonna happen. hell sky showed video this week of an entire group of people hooting like monkeys

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #947
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Why has he retired at 25?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
sadly not gonna happen. hell sky showed video this week of an entire group of people hooting like monkeys
I think he'll be back but I can't see him playing anywhere else but MLS. I'm not going to say we're any better than other countries in the world when it comes to hate speech and all that but I think the MLS fans are more open minded. I could be totally wrong. I think he has a lot to offer still for football, even the national team.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #948
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Well yet again there goes out likeliest chance of winning a trophy this season. Not that I actually thought we had a chance of winning it, mind.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #949
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Oldham with their own version of hand of God.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #950
Poeman
Banned User

I demand Wenger resign or get fired

Closed Thread