Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #676
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I'm playing Fire Emblem on the 3DS right now...I paid 40 dollars for this game and I'm well over 30 hours into it and the end isn't even in sight.

I get that it's a hand held game...but still, there's NO reason for games that last 4-8 hours to be 60 dollars. I don't care HOW good they are.
Exactly. I bought X-Men Destiny. That game was 45 minutes long. Still $60. That's horse****.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #677
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Exactly. I bought X-Men Destiny. That game was 45 minutes long. Still $60. That's horse****.
It was also crap! Should have been released at $10.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #678
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
It was also crap! Should have been released at $10.
Yep. There are some games that I have no problem paying full price for. The Arkham games, Halo, almost anything Rockstar does and the big Nintendo games, but for these smaller games to carry the same price tag is ridiculous. That's why used games are so important to me. There are some games I want to play, but don't want to pay full price for because I know they just aren't going to be worth it. So I buy used.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #679
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why did you do that lol. Was it just the fanboy in you?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #680
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Yep. I love X-Men

Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #681
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Yep. There are some games that I have no problem paying full price for. The Arkham games, Halo, almost anything Rockstar does and the big Nintendo games, but for these smaller games to carry the same price tag is ridiculous. That's why used games are so important to me. There are some games I want to play, but don't want to pay full price for because I know they just aren't going to be worth it. So I buy used.
Maybe that's one positive of no used games then as it's these kind of crap games that will suffer rather than the good ones. Many hidden gems will also be unfortunately lost so I know it's not a real positive but I can see the sales of badly reviewed/received games taking a serious (& probably deserved ) hit.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #682
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Another side effect of no used games is people might be more cautious about buying, leading to less remarkable day one purchases. They'll wait for reviews.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #683
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Quote:
Yep. I love X-Men
Same here lol. I am ashamed.

Although I only spent $10 on it, not $60 like our friend Matt.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #684
X Knight
Saber Class

somehow, I don't think the next gen of games will be cheaper than the current $60. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried charging more for them.

however, if the next gen games cost that much or more, and used games are banned by both PS4 and XBOX, it will be interesting to see just how much pushback they get from consumers.

if that is indeed the case, then Sony/MS and the game devs will have to "give" in other areas.

perhaps a change to DLC. make all but the expansion pack-type DLC free, if you are going to force us to always buy new.

or, maybe have a more "uniform" system or schedule on when prices drop for a game. say, for the 1st 6 months, the game prices at $60. 6-12 months out, the game drops to $40. more than 12 months, it's $30.

right now, you have games like Skyrim that are over a year old, and they're still selling for $60.

if the next-gen is going to still charge us $60+ for games, force us to always buy new games, nickel and dime us with DLC and subscriptions, force us to always be online or use Kinect, etc., that's like them wanting to have their cake and eat it too.

they are trying to have everything. in reality, though, something will have to give.

it will be interesting to see what Sony comes out with next week with the PS4, and how MS responds.

if all these rumors turn out to be true for both Sony and MS, this could very well be the 1st time I'll sit a generation of consoles out. it really feels like my rights as a consumer are being taken away.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #685
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Isn't the whole DRM stuff also being taken to court for PCs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #686
Benstamania
Shot first.

WiiU could lead the pack if the PS4 and 720 ban used games and charge 60+ (upwards of 70) for new games.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #687
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
WiiU could lead the pack if the PS4 and 720 ban used games and charge 60+ (upwards of 70) for new games.
That's what I'm thinking. Nintendo has to pick up the pace though if they want to come out on top though. They have a headstart and their wasting and based on what I'm hearing from Microsoft, it wouldn't be hard to win this gen's console war.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #688
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

If the worst happens (I don't actually think it will) and the next gen and the PS4 & 720 are wiped out, I think there will also be a resurgence in 360 & PS3 gaming. If wii U had made more strides to close the technological gap & the upcoming consoles confirmed all the worst rumours going around, wii U could have cleaned up and dominated totally. As it stands if the competition doesn't come from next gen it will come from the previous gen which isn't that far behind wii U specs wise.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #689
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

I'm annoyed by the focus on specs and graphics for each new gen. Great games should come before good looking games.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #690
Soapy
It's happening again...

For the 100th time, better specs can do more than increase graphics.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #691
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Oh, Soapy. We all know that's a myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #692
X Knight
Saber Class

the part that really worries me the most, actually, is the supposed "always-connected Kinect that the new Xbox will have.

and based on the rumors, it seems it will be much more advanced in its tracking capabilities.

the question is...........will the new Kinect "always be on?" and how much of me will it be tracking/recording??

for one, my game room doesn't have the space/layout to run Kinect ( one reason why I never bothered with the current one ). and I prefer to sit on my bed to play games with my controller.

will all new Xbox games require the player to use Kinect and motion control?

and just how much of my activity or movement will the new Kinect track?

it's.......kind of creepy to think about it.......

like someone (MS) is spying on you in your own room.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #693
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
I'm annoyed by the focus on specs and graphics for each new gen. Great games should come before good looking games.
I don't understand why this comes up so often. Every generation of consoles has had better specs and with it has come improvements in gameplay along with graphics. And these great games that don't require any system upgrade are possible right now & noone is asking people not to get excited about those. Dishonored, Walking Dead & Journey are doing fine & everyone is giving those games due credit. People talk graphics & specs and what new kinds of games will be possible on new consoles as that is what is relevant & no need to focus on existing tech level games for that particular discussion.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #694
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
the part that really worries me the most, actually, is the supposed "always-connected Kinect that the new Xbox will have.

and based on the rumors, it seems it will be much more advanced in its tracking capabilities.

the question is...........will the new Kinect "always be on?" and how much of me will it be tracking/recording??

for one, my game room doesn't have the space/layout to run Kinect ( one reason why I never bothered with the current one ). and I prefer to sit on my bed to play games with my controller.

will all new Xbox games require the player to use Kinect and motion control?

and just how much of my activity or movement will the new Kinect track?

it's.......kind of creepy to think about it.......

like someone (MS) is spying on you in your own room.......
The Kinect rumour must have more to it, otherwise pretty much 90% of the world's teenagers won't have the space to use the next XBox.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #695
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

I didn't get Kinect in the first place because I knew I didn't have room for it to work. Always on Kinect sounds just as bad as always online does. If Sony has a good press conference a week from now Microsoft would be wise to dispel these rumours if they are not true.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #696
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I'm hoping I'm not the only one thinking of this, when will we get an announcement from Microsoft of a conference to unveil the new console?

Old 02-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #697
LuisTX85
Z

I'm guessing at GDC next month

Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #698
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Even though the odds are stacked towards me getting a PS4, I'm still very interested to see what Microsoft has in store. So hopefully they announce the NextBox in March.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #699
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

March would be good.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #700
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The Kincect is always watching....always. Hell, the lens looks like Hal.

Closed Thread