The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #351
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron9692003 View Post
He emailed me back and let me know he paid $45 (haha he's asking $80 after shipping.) My store still was a no go, "we only got the movie trilogy in, no action figures". So tonight once he's home from work he said he'd give me the UPC, because that's what we need. We go in or call with that and they should be able to tell us if they have them in the back and when they'll be stocked. But yes $45 for it, about $48-49 after tax, and as soon as he messages me tonight with the UPC I will post it on here.

And thank you for your great "Detective" work as well. Much appreciated. Can't wait to snag this puppy and put it up for display.

I believe what will make this 3-pack a hot seller is the Begins Batman as apparently a lot of collectors missed out on it back in 2008. Personally i think the Begins suit overall is much better and the figure as well. And the addition of a maskless batman will help as well.

ManInTheNarrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #352
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

a bit behind everyone else here but i finally got
Bane
Catwoman
and Ra's

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #353
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

now that we're basically done,is everyone happy? I mean,are you happy with the figures we got and your collection? while glaring holes remain for me that I've had to fill with customs (Lucius,Bruce Wayne, Watabe Ra;s,LOS Ninja,more Joker Thugs),I'm generally pleased with what we got from the trilogy. we've come a long way from 2008 and only 5 figures with 2 chases. I looked at my figures the other day and said "Yeah,i'm glad i collected these!" . just wish we got maybe 1 more wave of figures we need to fully complete the set. for the record,figures by movie:

Batman Begins:

Batman
Ra's Al Ghul
Scarecrow in straightjacket
Lt. Jim Gordon
Prototype Suit Batman
Scarecrow in suit
Demon Hallucination Batman (Chase)

The Dark Knight:

Batman
The Joker
Two-Face
Gotham City Thug
Harvey Dent
Batman Final Battle
Joker as Thug
Interrogation Joker
Honor Guard Joker
Unmasked Batman (chase)
Batman Cloth Cape (TRU 3-Pack)

The Dark Knight Rises:

Batman
Bane
Catwoman (goggles up)
Commissioner Gordon
John Blake
Alfred Pennyworth
Catwoman (goggles down)
Batman (Damaged)
Bane (shirtless)
Bruce to Batman SDCC Exclusive
Unmasked Batman ( TRU Exclusive 3-pack)

EDIT : I didn't include the Begins batman from the 3-pack since we've now found out it's exactly the same release as the previous version. the other 2 have new features to make them somewhat new figures ( TDK - cloth cape. TDKR - new paint job and broken cowl).

Old 02-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #354
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheNarrows View Post
Thank you very much for posting the UPC, i........we all greatly appreciate it.

I figured it would be $44.99 for 3 figures considering that the two pack was $34.99. I figured and thankfully Mattel and Toys R Us also realized that an extra $10 dollars for a 3rd figure is reasonable.

Thanks again.
My thoughts exactly, I was hoping it would be around $45.

You're very welcome. I felt fortunate to find one and wanted to help others find it. Thank you for posting the ebay auction.

thuhgostrydur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #355
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
now that we're basically done,is everyone happy? I mean,are you happy with the figures we got and your collection? while glaring holes remain for me that I've had to fill with customs (Lucius,Bruce Wayne, Watabe Ra;s,LOS Ninja,more Joker Thugs),I'm generally pleased with what we got from the trilogy. we've come a long way from 2008 and only 5 figures with 2 chases. I looked at my figures the other day and said "Yeah,i'm glad i collected these!" . just wish we got maybe 1 more wave of figures we need to fully complete the set.
Hey Mikey! Long time, no speak.

I am very pleased. I also got the other Ra's (Watabe) even though I think he's an inch shorter. He had a variant too I believe.
But as far as Movie Masters I passed on a few thugs, shirtless Bane, and Dishonor Guard Joker. I got all the other Jokers, the Cats, the Bats, Harvey, Scarecrow, Blake, Bane, and the old fellers (Alfred, Gordon, Ra's).
Thalia, Nurse Joker, and Lucious would make my collection perfect.

Vehicles were tough with that darn Batpod from Target. I got a nice Tumbler from Walmart. The Matchbox and Hot Wheels bikes, planes, and cars are pretty cool too.

Last edited by DrexBat21; 02-14-2013 at 11:39 AM.
DrexBat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #356
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Already called toys r us this morning haha, still nothing though. Next week once I get more in the mail I'm going to get a couple pics of everything if I can. I just started collecting around TDKR and arkham city, so I don't really have any dark knight stuff, and only a couple of the begins things. I think the batpod and the tumbler that launches the batpod were the main things I wish had got. I'm pretty happy with my collection,I know this is movie masters but of the batman legacy figures from last year, these are all I need.. Haha
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Modern age, golden age, 70s arkham, catman, and the expensive two face and batman two pack.

Aron9692003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #357
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuhgostrydur View Post
My thoughts exactly, I was hoping it would be around $45.

You're very welcome. I felt fortunate to find one and wanted to help others find it. Thank you for posting the ebay auction.
Another just sold online for $70 plus s/h. Hopefully they'll start hitting other stores next week.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #358
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
now that we're basically done,is everyone happy? I mean,are you happy with the figures we got and your collection? while glaring holes remain for me that I've had to fill with customs (Lucius,Bruce Wayne, Watabe Ra;s,LOS Ninja,more Joker Thugs),I'm generally pleased with what we got from the trilogy. we've come a long way from 2008 and only 5 figures with 2 chases. I looked at my figures the other day and said "Yeah,i'm glad i collected these!" . just wish we got maybe 1 more wave of figures we need to fully complete the set.
I just started picking up figures when TDKR was released.

I'd like to eventually pick up TDK Two-Face, TDK Scarecrow (straightjacket), and a TDK Batman vs. Joker 2pk so I can get original figures for Batman and Joker. I have a Joker (from a package with holes on the side).

The trilogy pack looks good. Too bad they don't all have cloth capes and the BB figure wasn't made taller ( I have an original BB). But, overall I'm happy. Although, I wish they hadn't pierced the cloth cape of TDK figure with a fasteners in two spots. I hope it isn't too damaged when I decide to open it.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #359
batmanofbaylor
Non sum qualis eram

found the 3-pack at TRU in beaumont, TX. i bought one and left the other two. it was quite tempting to buy an extra at 40% off and flip it for dirty dirty ebay money, but i very much believe in collector karma. if anyone still can't find one once these bad boys start hitting elsewhere, let me know and i can check to see if they're still here. i don't think there's much of a collector base here but i could be wrong.

batmanofbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #360
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanofbaylor View Post
found the 3-pack at TRU in beaumont, TX. i bought one and left the other two. it was quite tempting to buy an extra at 40% off and flip it for dirty dirty ebay money, but i very much believe in collector karma. if anyone still can't find one once these bad boys start hitting elsewhere, let me know and i can check to see if they're still here. i don't think there's much of a collector base here but i could be wrong.

Yes, at the time I thought about picking up the one I left behind in Humble, TX. The discount was tempting. Although, I noticed one of the belts on a figure was not on straight (maybe too loose?). Hope it worked out for whoever picked it up.

Good to hear you leaving those behind for others.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #361
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexBat21 View Post
Another just sold online for $70 plus s/h. Hopefully they'll start hitting other stores next week.
Wow. Good luck.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #362
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
a bit behind everyone else here but i finally got
Bane
Catwoman
and Ra's

Nice. Do you have the rest for the CC bat-signal yet?

Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #363
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
Wow. Good luck.
Thanks. Here's one in AZ. Come...east...come....east!

http://r.ebay.com/3ezbGz

Old 02-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #364
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanofbaylor View Post
So you could have bought 2 sets for @ $80 AND helped out a fellow Hyper. Instead you left them behind possibly for a scalper to flip???

Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #365
Emgr55
Side-Kick

Well i went back to check on the Batman unlimited figuers and coukdint find a single one on the shelfs at walmart.
Also I just got my Batman begins MM and now im hunting the Trilogy pack fun fun and my tru never picks up the damn phone so i aleays end up driving 45 min to a store that is usually sold out of the stuff i want.

Emgr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #366
batmanofbaylor
Non sum qualis eram

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexBat21 View Post
So you could have bought 2 sets for @ $80 AND helped out a fellow Hyper. Instead you left them behind possibly for a scalper to flip???
i don't think these'll be that hard to get. my TRU had like 10 of the batman vs bane MM exclusives as well. not many hardcore collector types out here haha.

batmanofbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #367
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Quote:
Nice. Do you have the rest for the CC bat-signal yet?
eventually i will be getting the rest of the series for the signal but for now i just wanted the main villains

i wish they had a talia/tate figure

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #368
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
eventually i will be getting the rest of the series for the signal but for now i just wanted the main villains

i wish they had a talia/tate figure
Yes, Talia in a 2pk Legacy would be nice. Maybe with a Bruce Wayne?

Or if it has to be another Batman in it, then maybe a cloth caped , masked version of the TDKR figure from the new Trilogy box set.

Although, isn't there a trend to use a reissued figure with a new character for the MM Legacy Edition 2 pks?

Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #369
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Sorry to keep talking about the new Trilogy figures , but I just noticed the eyes on all three figures are now a brighter brown and TDK figure has an angrier expression. Just FYI.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #370
Emgr55
Side-Kick

I still have a Ra's al Ghul mint in box if anyone needs it for the bat signal.
Im in need of The Joker as masked thug.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #371
Sephiroth1089
Side-Kick

They should release a two pack with a Talia Figure which would need a new body and then use the suits that they've been using throughout the series for a Lucius Fox. It would be awesome if the Lucius fox came with like a brief case with some batarangs and a grapple gun and maybe an EMP gun even though the movie master line doesn't like to use accessories.

Edit:
It would be even more awesome to release a Rachel figure and have a variant with a Katie Holmes face instead of Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Last edited by Sephiroth1089; 02-15-2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Rachel figures
Sephiroth1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #372
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth1089 View Post
They should release a two pack with a Talia Figure which would need a new body and then use the suits that they've been using throughout the series for a Lucius Fox. It would be awesome if the Lucius fox came with like a brief case with some batarangs and a grapple gun and maybe an EMP gun even though the movie master line doesn't like to use accessories.

Edit:
It would be even more awesome to release a Rachel figure and have a variant with a Katie Holmes face instead of Maggie Gyllenhaal.
L. Fox is overdue. He should be represented in the MM line. I do wish they provided more accessories. Maybe even include stands now. Rachel, with a variant, would be awesome.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #373
Emgr55
Side-Kick

What size figures are 1/6 scale are those the hot toys size or smaller?
I found a weapon & bat suit cabinet on ebay check it out.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #374
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emgr55 View Post
What size figures are 1/6 scale are those the hot toys size or smaller?
I found a weapon & bat suit cabinet on ebay check it out.

1/6 scale would be hot toys and I'm pre ordering this bad boy as soon as it hits sideshowcollectibles.com! It's a beauty.

ManInTheNarrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #375
Sephiroth1089
Side-Kick

Anyone have an extra batman evidence mask that they would like to sell? I realized its the only one I'm missing other then some of the joker mask variants.

Sephiroth1089 is offline   Reply With Quote