The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #751
Simo
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Total Film came out today with Pacific Rim featured on the cover for their Summer Blockbuster feature but it also mentions MOS with an exclusive interview with Henry Cavill. Downloading the mag now.

Also in real world news is looks like Superman arrived....in Mother Russia!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-0iwBEswE

Basically a small meteorite crashed in a urban area in Russia this morning where the impact set off car alarms and broke apartment windows. lol There's a few more videos out there.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #752
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm gonna have to get me that Total Film, could you let us know if there's any new pics inside if possible?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #753
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I'm gonna have to get me that Total Film, could you let us know if there's any new pics inside if possible?
Not sure about pics inside, but it comes with a pull out poster of the handcuffs image

Old 02-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #754
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
No new pics (just the poster, the pic with supes and soldiers and supes with army behind him, plus that old pic of Cavill standing on top of a building looking down). Nothing really new from Cavill either.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #755
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
There isn't sadly.

The interview is nice but brief. Cavill talks about his workout and calorie intake he had to do for the film starting at 5,000 to bulk up and then working down to 3,500 for the suit and 2,500 for the shirtless scenes. He mentions how great it was wearing the suit and how "fantastic" it made him feel, even if it was skin tight and took the team 15 minutes each day to get him in it.

Other than that he talks about his personal image going forward and his responsibility to kids give how outside of the movies they'll see him as Superman and that he signed on for 3 movies.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #756
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

But there are a whole lot of new (awesome) Pacific Rim photos inside. You know the movie that already has more pics out than MOS (and comes out on a later - better date).

Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #757
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

I was watching an interview on MTV with some chick from Square Enix (they are making a Superman statue/toy) and she said that this is a darker Superman and that they are trying to keep a sense of secrecy around the film. I just hope WB doesn't over-do the secrecy. There is a fine line between being secretive and between showing too little/teasing too much. This is a reboot and a (hopefully) new franchise not an established series (as WB seems to be treating it so far, as if it was 3rd in a series or something). The 3rd trailer will have to be really mind-blowing and raise the bar way high because there's gonna be a whole bunch of big movies at that time (and especially in the month leading up to MOS) fighting for peoples attention.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #758
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
But there are a whole lot of new (awesome) Pacific Rim photos inside. You know the movie that already has more pics out than MOS (and comes out on a later - better date).

This is just WB not showing there cards on there most anticipated film. Just shows how important MOS is to WB, no reason to look any further into it.

Even though Pacific Rim Has a much higher budget, MOS is WB's key to there future of Superhero films, billions of dollars are at risk here, they will take their time and play their cards right, and I don't blame them.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #759
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
This is just WB not showing there cards on there most anticipated film. Just shows how important MOS is to WB, no reason to look any further into it.
Smart...or stupid. We'll see after the OW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Even though Pacific Rim Has a much higher budget, MOS is WB's key to there future of Superhero films, billions of dollars are at risk here, they will take there time, and I don't blame them.
Well empire claimed it's 225 mil. I kind of doubt they would give PR a higher budget. Or at least I would hope not. Though truth be told, going only by what WB has shown of MOS so far, it could have a 150 mil budget. It doesn't look like anything we haven't already seen before and it doesn't look bigger than IM3, ST or PR....so far.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #760
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Oh cool on the poster will definitely pick the issue up, thanks for letting me know folks

Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #761
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Total Film came out today with Pacific Rim featured on the cover for their Summer Blockbuster feature but it also mentions MOS with an exclusive interview with Henry Cavill. Downloading the mag now.

Also in real world news is looks like Superman arrived....in Mother Russia!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-0iwBEswE

Basically a small meteorite crashed in a urban area in Russia this morning where the impact set off car alarms and broke apartment windows. lol There's a few more videos out there.
Yeah I saw on Twitter that some people think it's a viral for MOS, haha, silly to think that. If it would be it wouldn't happen in Russia.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #762
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
There isn't sadly.

The interview is nice but brief. Cavill talks about his workout and calorie intake he had to do for the film starting at 5,000 to bulk up and then working down to 3,500 for the suit and 2,500 for the shirtless scenes. He mentions how great it was wearing the suit and how "fantastic" it made him feel, even if it was skin tight and took the team 15 minutes each day to get him in it.

Other than that he talks about his personal image going forward and his responsibility to kids give how outside of the movies they'll see him as Superman and that he signed on for 3 movies.
Pacific Rim (arguably) needs more promotion though. It's not as well known as the character of Superman.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #763
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Just watched the Comic-Con trailer again and man, it makes me a bit emotional.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #764
Mr. Thing
HAHAHAHA no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Just watched the Comic-Con trailer again and man, it makes me a bit emotional.
It's that music. So many feels.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #765
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thing View Post
It's that music. So many feels.
Definitely. I hope the same music is used in Trailer #3.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #766
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
i hope it's actually music from the movie, rather than another movie

Old 02-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #767
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Since the MOS theme has been completed, I fully expect the music in the third trailer to be original. Especially since it will ( if WB marketing people have any sense left) probably be action packed so the CC music wouldn't really fit. I really want to hear how those 10 great rock drummers playing together sound, I bet it's for an action sequence or something.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #768
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Yeeeah, you're both right there. The final Batman Begins trailer used an early version of the main theme so a theme from the actual MOS score seems likely.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #769
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Henry Cavill Discusses MAN OF STEEL (from TotalFilm)

On waking up during shooting and putting on the Superman suit.

"I love wearing the suit! You put it on every morning and you feel fantastic. I mean, you're wearing a Superman suit, for goodness sake!"

On how long it took to get into costume.
"It took the team about 15 minutes each day. They struggled hard...let's just say we became very close!"

His response to the question of what he tried to accomplish with the part.
"This is not a movie about Zack Snyder directing something, or Henry Cavill playing a character...It's a selfless movie about a character who is going through what he is going through. He wants to do the right thing, but he's fallible, like the rest of us. He messes up, and that makes us love him more."

On the Justice League rumors.
" A decision's being made, I'm sure, post opening weekend!"

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #770
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Henry Cavill Discusses MAN OF STEEL (from TotalFilm)

On waking up during shooting and putting on the Superman suit.

"I love wearing the suit! You put it on every morning and you feel fantastic. I mean, you're wearing a Superman suit, for goodness sake!"

On how long it took to get into costume.
"It took the team about 15 minutes each day. They struggled hard...let's just say we became very close!"

His response to the question of what he tried to accomplish with the part.
"This is not a movie about Zack Snyder directing something, or Henry Cavill playing a character...It's a selfless movie about a character who is going through what he is going through. He wants to do the right thing, but he's fallible, like the rest of us. He messes up, and that makes us love him more."

On the Justice League rumors.
" A decision's being made, I'm sure, post opening weekend!"
Awesome so sounds like he will be involved if JL if it happens then regarding that last part.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #771
Glassjaw
In training

Went and scanned the Total Film article. It's not much, but its something on a slow moving day like today. I water marked them which is probably pretty lame, but there you go. Also they're er, big.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Edit: Poster for size comparison

Last edited by Glassjaw; 02-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #772
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

So, elmayimbe just broke some big SW news, but buried in his video talking about the scoop on Fox News Latino, he mentions that a Man of Steel screening took place a few weeks ago and the reaction was "through the roof".

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/15/...s-episode-vii/

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #773
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
So, elmayimbe just broke some big SW news, but buried in his video talking about the scoop on Fox News Latino, he mentions that a Man of Steel screening took place a few weeks ago and the reaction was "through the roof".

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/15/...s-episode-vii/

Old 02-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #774
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

This is literally the only film I'm excited for this year...

I'm looking forward to a few others, but THIS is the one.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #775
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Lets hope that story about the test screening is true. We can talk all about marketing the movie better with posters and photos and trailers. But there's nothing like actually delivering a great movie that creates positive buzz.

Closed Thread