The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Characters that should be left alone

By this I mean there should simply be NO further attempts at making any more movies about them. SOme of mine would be:
Ghost Rider
Spawn
Steel
Vampirella
Blade
The Crow
The Mask

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
ThePhantasm
Deathmatch Champion
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,015
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

I agree with all of those. I'll add:

Indiana Jones
Jason Bourne

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
kedrell
Fork&SpoonOperator
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sector 7G
Posts: 20,836
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

I suspect that by placing this thread in the Misc. Comics movies forum he's talking about comics characters.

__________________
Superhero films of 2016: Cap3: A-/A|||Deadpool: B+|||BvS: D+
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
ThePhantasm
Deathmatch Champion
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,015
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Darn... that's what I get for only looking at threads via the "new posts" button.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,198
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

dont you think after 3 times

leave frank castle alone?

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
Eddie Dean
good 4 nothing/bad in bed
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the paradise
Posts: 7,480
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
dont you think after 3 times

leave frank castle alone?
Except 2 of them were awesome.

__________________
salutations from the other side
Eddie Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 34,518
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

All the more reason to, don't you think?

__________________
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING HAMSTER...
-----MORE POWERFUL THAN A BOX OF TISSUES...
----------ABLE TO LEAP OFF OF TALL BUILDINGS AND HIT THE GROUND...
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,503
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

No character should ever be left alone all it takes is a good vision

__________________
Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coal mining in Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 5,356
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
No character should ever be left alone all it takes is a good vision
I agree.

Every character has great potential to make it in film. If someone's willing to give a character another shot, I say go for it.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 29,843
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
No character should ever be left alone all it takes is a good vision
Agreed

Unless you think that the film versions of these characters and their worlds are the best that they possibly could of made then I don't think they need to be left alone.

Steel and Ghost Rider got pretty weak movies in my opinion. Better directors, writers, studios and actors could do far better with those characters than we got.

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,633
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Chris Wallace, I heavily disagree with The Mask.

I really enjoyed the Jim Carrey version, but I would like to see something closer to the comics.

As for Ghost Rider and The Crow.

Ghost Rider should be left alone because I really don't think the general audience gives a **** about the character, even if they were to make a film for him that was a lot better than what we've been given so far.

With The Crow, I don't think they should touch it because I think the first film was damn good, saw it twice in one day when it was first released. Not only did I find the film to be great, but I think it's much better than the comic.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,280
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Nothing should be off limits.

Just because Hollywood screws up doesn't mean we retire those characters.

Some day someone gifted might have some great plans for them.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
By this I mean there should simply be NO further attempts at making any more movies about them. SOme of mine would be:
Ghost Rider
Spawn
Steel
Vampirella
Blade
The Crow
The Mask
I disagree with pretty much all of these EXCEPT for The Crow...I honestly can't see a remake being any better than the original. The other ones could very well be rebooted and be massively better than the original.

And I've just never heard of Vampirella, haha.

Could we mention villains as well? Because off the top of my head, I'll bring up Venom and Lizard just because they were given poor adaptions and I don't want to see them show up again for a long, long time.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
Human Torch
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Far away from germs!!!!!
Posts: 10,850
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
By this I mean there should simply be NO further attempts at making any more movies about them. SOme of mine would be:
Ghost Rider
Spawn
Steel
Vampirella
Blade
The Crow
The Mask
I honestly don't care about any of those characters,so if they never made another film,no big loss.

Although,I might give GR one more shot.Let Cage have a trilogy.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

In order to have a trilogy he'd have to get a sequel, which he hasn't and shouldn't.

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
Union Jack
defender of the realm
 
Union Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Beautiful Yorkshire Dales
Posts: 4,838
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Batman. Let some other DC guys shine.

__________________
PSN Name - Unionjack3rd
STEAM Name - Union Jack
Xbox Gamertag - RickBritain
Union Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #17
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coal mining in Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 5,356
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
In order to have a trilogy he'd have to get a sequel, which he hasn't and shouldn't.
Are you talking about Ghost Rider with Nic Cage? Because there have been two Ghost Rider films with Nic Cage.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #18
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Yah, there are two Ghost Rider films already.

Lol, maybe just Chris doesn't want to admit that there's been two GR films with Nic Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Jack View Post
Batman. Let some other DC guys shine.
This has been tried with Jonah Hex and Green Lantern, but failed terribly. Maybe after Man of Steel, other DC properties can be given much more respectful treatments.


Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-27-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
stryfe
Chaos Bringer
 
stryfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The darkest part of Hell...
Posts: 884
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Deadpool. Ive personally never found him interesting. His "humor" gets old fast and his depth of character is as shallow as a puddle. One brief appearance in a terrible movie was enough.

__________________
I want you to beg with tears streaming down your face
stryfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #20
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 50,258
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

All characters should have a chance at a good movie. Just because some of these guys had a bad movie, that's no reason to abandon them....that's the main reason they need a new one.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 6,170
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
By this I mean there should simply be NO further attempts at making any more movies about them. SOme of mine would be:
Ghost Rider
Spawn
Steel
Vampirella
Blade
The Crow
The Mask
dude... I agree with maybe a few, (The Crow, The Mask, Blade) but only to an extent. Don't you think the rest should be redone so that they may be done WELL, at least one time in cinema?

Now, granted, no further attempts should be made to make Ghost Rider by Sony/Nicolas Cage. But with good scripts, effects, bigger budgets, better actors... These characters deserve to be done justice.

I think you are closer with characters like Batman. Because they have already been done perfectly and we will always have the Nolan films to go back to and love our dark knight.

__________________
Deadpool 9.5 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 7.5 | Captain America: Civil War 10.0 | X-Men: Apocalypse X.X | Suicide Squad X.X | Doctor Strange X.X

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
All characters should have a chance at a good movie. Just because some of these guys had a bad movie, that's no reason to abandon them....that's the main reason they need a new one.
That's why I still wonder why someone brings up The Crow. I feel like a reboot will never be better at all.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #23
craigdbfan
Gimme Dat Harley
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 30,926
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Spawn should definitely get another chance on film. A lot of potential there.

__________________
Quote:
No country has ever prospered that failed to put its own interests first. Both our friends and enemies put their countries above ours and we, while being fair to them, must do the same. We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism. The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness and harmony.

I am skeptical of international unions that tie us up and bring America down, and will never enter America into any agreement that reduces our ability to control our own affairs. - DJT
Quote:
We're criminals Alfred. We've always been criminals.

- Bruce Wayne

2/9/15

craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #24
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 34,518
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

I mostly think that the studios should give these characters a rest until they've done all the A-list characters properly. I'm still shocked that there's been 3 Blade movies, 2 Ghost Riders, 3 Punishers, and a Spawn movie all before there's even been anything beyond talk for a Flash or Wonder Woman movie.

__________________
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING HAMSTER...
-----MORE POWERFUL THAN A BOX OF TISSUES...
----------ABLE TO LEAP OFF OF TALL BUILDINGS AND HIT THE GROUND...
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #25
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 29,843
Default Re: Characters that should be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
I mostly think that the studios should give these characters a rest until they've done all the A-list characters properly. I'm still shocked that there's been 3 Blade movies, 2 Ghost Riders, 3 Punishers, and a Spawn movie all before there's even been anything beyond talk for a Flash or Wonder Woman movie.
Thats because those characters are spread across multiple studios. If DC characters were held by different studios then they would have films by now.

DC characters outside of Batman and Superman are not a priority for WB sadly. WB unwillingness utilize those characters shouldn't inhibit other studios from making movies

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.