The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: Webb's Sinister Six (choose 6)
Electro 49 92.45%
Lizard 23 43.40%
Rhino 44 83.02%
Green Goblin 22 41.51%
Mysterio 35 66.04%
Doctor Octopus 35 66.04%
Kraven the Hunter 15 28.30%
Vulture 31 58.49%
Sandman 13 24.53%
Scorpion 16 30.19%
Shocker 14 26.42%
Hobgoblin 5 9.43%
Chameleon 6 11.32%
Venom 5 9.43%
Carnage 0 0%
Other 1 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #51
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Default Re: In other words, who will comprise the Sinister Six?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Well considering there may be a Spider-Man cinematic universe...
With how many movies? 3? 4 at the most

Will it be enough to develop 6 villians and then have a sinister 6 movie? I doubt so

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #52
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

from webbs tweets it sounds like he may be willing to stay on making more films after the 3rd and expanding things wider in the spidey universe

which i think would be a good move for sony and webb

Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #53
Arrowhead
Webhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
from webbs tweets it sounds like he may be willing to stay on making more films after the 3rd and expanding things wider in the spidey universe

which i think would be a good move for sony and webb
Or even is Webb only directed the first three, he could stay on board as a producer for the next couple to build up to a Sinister Six film.

I'd prefer him to direct them all though haha

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Arrow (TV) 3. Batman: TAS (TV) 4. The Dark Knight 5. Batman Begins 6. The Wolverine 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. The Avengers 9. Spider-Man 2 10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #54
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
With how many movies? 3? 4 at the most

Will it be enough to develop 6 villians and then have a sinister 6 movie? I doubt so
Well, after The Amazing Spider-Man 2, we would have had 3 villains already, and after the third, about 4 or 5. And in a sinister six film, they could easily add a villain or so to the mix without developing them in a previous film (Hawkeye in Avengers).

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #55
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Well, after The Amazing Spider-Man 2, we would have had 3 villains already, and after the third, about 4 or 5. And in a sinister six film, they could easily add a villain or so to the mix without developing them in a previous film (Hawkeye in Avengers).
Hmmm Possible

So Lizard,Rhino,Electro,Goblin..... Still not too keen

I would like if they just stick to the previous plan and give us TASM3 with Goblin and the death of Gwen Stacy and finish things up on a high note rather than try to ape Marvel in creating a cinematic universe

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #56
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Who says we're not getting TASM3 with Goblin and the Death of Gwen Stacy though? Obviously, they are going to make more movies afterwards (especially if they want to keep the film rights), so if they want to make a cinematic universe, and do it well, I'd be happy with that. Spider-Man has so many stories to put on screen....

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #57
Rorschach2012
$

Electro
Rhino
Mysterio
Doc Ock
Msterio
Vulture
Kraven

This is Doc Ock's team he deserves to be in the Sinister Six. I didn't vote for Sandman since we've already seen him. With Doc Ock leading the Sinister Six itll actually be different from his appearance in S-M2, and hes always been the leader so I think its necessary for him to be apart of the SS.

Goblin deserves his own film. The third one should be all about the Death of Gwen Stacy and the rise of the Green Goblin. Let the second film build the relationship between Harry, Norman, and Peter. Then in the third one show Norman's transformation

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #58
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Th Biggrin Re: In other words, who will comprise the Sinister Six?

What if The Sinister Six are in this movie,that would be big.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #59
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I posted this in another topic:

""life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves"

That quote above makes me think:

The main villain of the film will be Osborn in Oscorp. It will be like Sauron or Saruman in LOTR. You don't see him very often as he's "hiding" in his "tower". In there, there are underground experiments that create villains to go after Spidey.

What if the film is about all these super villains emerging in the world of NY? Very much like TSSM. Spidey and the rest of NY suddenly wonders where all these guys are coming from. It's kinda chaotic. Rhino is wreaking havoc on the streets. Vulture is attacking people. Maybe Shocker will be in this as well? It will be the ultimate test of Spidey having to deal with several villains at the same time.

During all this, they are building up the character of Max Dillon and then he becomes Electro in the second or third act, threatening to destroy NY entirely.

I think this could be extremely cool on the big screen and something that's never been done before. NY is in chaos and suddenly, Spidey realises that the Lizard battle was nothing compared to what's in the future for the superhero.

The first film was about him becoming the hero, this would be the film about him accepting his role as a hero.

On the downside, while I think this could work wonders, I'd still think it would take away some of the personality of the villains except for Electro. But if done right, this could be extremely cool!"

What if ASM2 already will be about Spidey having to live in a world full of super villains out of a sudden? It wouldn't be Sinister 6, but maybe 3 villains emerging out of nowhere or something. Then have Green Goblin himself in ASM3 and introduce characters like Octavious and Quentin Beck. Then Sinister 6 will be in ASM4 already with the sixth villain introduced there (Kraven?).

Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #60
Gunga Diner
Solvin' cool mysteries

I didn't care for The Amazing Spider-Man much at all, but culminating the new trilogy into a Sinister Six team-up in part 3 could be really interesting and new if done well. My least favorite thing about Amazing Spider-Man was that it felt like a remake, not a reboot, of a story that had more emotional impact the first time around, but new villains and a new story direction can only be a good thing.

Use as few villains from the Raimi trilogy as possible. If you have to use one villain, do a really new version of Green Goblin.

A good line-up might be:

Green Goblin
Lizard
Rhino
Electro
Mysterio
Kraven

Don't do Venom. Don't do Doc Ock or Sandman. Let this trilogy be its own thing.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #61
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

I hope we see Doc Ock,Sandman,and Venom again.They should be used again.This series could go up to 4,5,and 6,and it wouldn't make any sense to leave them out of it.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #62
ElijahSoRight72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Electro

Goblin deserves his own film. The third one should be all about the Death of Gwen Stacy and the rise of the Green Goblin. Let the second film build the relationship between Harry, Norman, and Peter. Then in the third one show Norman's transformation
Yes. thats one of the best storylines in The Amazing Spider-Man series. Gwen dies with Goblin to blame. The first film was okay- but didn't go to any places that I can say really worked, but if the sequels can show how necessary the first one is- it can be a whole new way we see the first film.

Should Gwen die, and she should, it needs to be by GG. Change the storylines all you want to, but this one should stay sound. I think Goblin definitely should get his own film- A one villain structure is always the best option- which is why I'm a little nervous about TASM2 so far...

that and the title.

ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #63
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

So, I imagine it this way.

ASM2
Electro is the primary focus. Norman is introduced and Harry's attitude toward him provides much of his characterization. The Rhino is a minor role but provides a physical threat for Peter. Adrian Toomes is introduced, somehow involved with Oscorp. Venom suit is hinted/teased/mentioned.

ASM3
Toomes appears briefly as Vulture attacking either Spider-Man or Oscorp. Eddie is introduced. Green Goblin is the main focus. Wreaks havoc, kills Gwen, blah blah blah. Green Goblin killed off (or just mysterious disappearance).

[this gives us half of a sinister six. Vulture, Rhino, Electro]

ASM4-6
focus switches to Doc Ock/Sinister Six/Mary Jane/Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 View Post
I think Goblin definitely should get his own film- A one villain structure is always the best option- which is why I'm a little nervous about TASM2 so far...

that and the title.
the title concerns you that much?

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 02-07-2013 at 10:13 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #64
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

Kraven might be the villain I most want to see in a film. The idea of hunting a superhero for sport is a motivation we haven't really seen in a superhero film yet. An adaptation of "Kraven's Last Hunt" would be great for a third film, maybe paired up with Chameleon too, where Spidey is "killed" and comes back to defeat them (sort of like Batman's arc in TDKR). Then from there, they'd already have two villains to add to the Sinister Six in a fourth film, if they get that far.

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #65
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I just can't see Venom having his own Movie, before appearing in TASM.
Yeah Spidey needs to get the black suit in the TASM movies at least before its time for the Venom movie.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #66
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

lol check this post i made a month after seeing ASM. Notice no edits and the villains I requested for ASM2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Big fan of ASM

I'm hoping for many things from the series. #1 hope being more than 3 films.

ASM2:
A lot of Norman Osborn, origin of Green Goblin
Another villain (Electro, Rhino, Vulture)
Intro: J. Jonah Jameson, Harry Osborn, Mary Jane Watson

ASM3
More Green Goblin
Death of Gwen Stacy, Near death of Green Goblin
Origin of Doc Ock

Venom?
if they insist... Eddie Brock as an uncontrollable antihero (i.e. the hulk)

ASM4
Venom villainy
another villain (Kraven/Mephisto)

ASM5
any unused villains mentioned previously (and/or Sandman, Scorpion, Shocker)

ASM: Sinister Six
Doc Ock leads Sinister Six
Spidey and Venom VS ALL

ASM7 OR Venom 2???
Spidey and Venom VS Carnage?

Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #67
RustyCage
Come what may..

I would love to see Otto again, and he kind of completes the team as the perfect leader, but I'm not crossing my fingers for a re-address of a well done previous villain.

Venom I can see. But Ock was really good in 2, so it may seem unnecessary to them. Then again, if he had the role he had in the Spectacular cartoon, it would slide together nicely.

What I am expecting is Rhino to be leashed, Lizard to be blackmailed or conned or something, and Electro to be either given reason to turn on Spidey or also be blackmailed/conned. To me, those three are a given.

I also think Norman Osborn will serve as this series' Kingpin, which is fine by me.

As for the other three.. personally, I think Mysterio works better solo, so I wouldn't go with him. Same for Venom - although Venom is being teased, so who knows? They'd have to rush the black suit, and I don't really like Venom out of the context of being a lone stalker sort of deal... so, still saying 'no'.

Scorpion is a strong possibility given the theme set up by the first film with Lizard and Spidey, and now probably Rhino. Oscorp is going to be trying to weaponize the concept, and certainly create a tamable anti-Spider-Man. This could easily apply to Vulture as well.

So, to me, the likeliest candidates are: Rhino, Electro, Lizard, Scorpion, Vulture.

Aaaannd I'm going to actually come back around and say Doc Ock.

I don't think Hobgoblin is very likely, unless it's a traitorous sort of scheme. Hobby would be after Osborn/Kingpin's throne. He's a usurper.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #68
The Crimson Man
Newbie First Class

Have the Sinister Six for the fourth film. Rhino and Electro are pretty much a given. In the third film have Green Goblin as the main villain, then set up Harry as Hobgoblin for #4, as the leader. I also really like the idea of Ratha turning out to be Chameleon, so have that as a post credits scene in ASM2.

Rhino
Electro
Hobgoblin
Sandman
Mysterio
Chameleon

The Crimson Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:07 AM   #69
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

My mind seems to think that the sixth movie in the franchise is the most logical installment to star the Sinister Six. For not only the obvious marketing reasons, but the amount of time it takes to pre-establish that many villains successfully and Spider-Man's story. Three or four seems way too soon. Seven is a bit too many. The Avengers also had 5 films to establish a team of six in a sixth film.

Assuming a couple of the villains we might see (namely Gobby, but also Lizard and Venom) are left out of the sinister six, then ASM6 is the most logical place to put it.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #70
Lord
All Mighty

The original line-up, but if they can't do that then they better make a team that works in the filmverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #71
ImAlwaysAngry
Side-Kick

Harry will become Venom, not Brock. Motivated by revenge, he will form the Sinister Six.

He will use Vulture, Rhino, Chameleon, Sandman, Doc Ock.

These characters will all be the result of him doing experiments on the people, with the exception of Ock and Vulture.

This will be ASM4.

That's how I see it. I think the symbiote is introduced in ASM2, utilized by Peter in ASM3, and taken on by Harry in ASM4.

ImAlwaysAngry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #72
ImAlwaysAngry
Side-Kick

Peter will enlist the help of Black Cat and Lizard in dealing with the threat. Perhaps also Electro, though I see Electro dying in ASM2.

ImAlwaysAngry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #73
elsewhere
super

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAlwaysAngry View Post
Harry will become Venom, not Brock. Motivated by revenge, he will form the Sinister Six.

He will use Vulture, Rhino, Chameleon, Sandman, Doc Ock.

These characters will all be the result of him doing experiments on the people, with the exception of Ock and Vulture.

This will be ASM4.

That's how I see it. I think the symbiote is introduced in ASM2, utilized by Peter in ASM3, and taken on by Harry in ASM4.
Sandman. I don't see it happening.

Doc Ock definitely.

elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #74
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I think Sandman will be replaced, but I hope he isn't.

He wasn't used to his full potential in SM3, not even close. He only became Sandzilla whenever he did something, with the exception of the underground fight.

There is so much more to Sandman when it comes to his powers. I can see them go the TSSM route with him. He's a crook from the beginning, have Oscorp create him and voila: he's Sandman. More isn't necessary if he isn't supposed to be a main villain in a film, which I can't see happen.

Take away Sandman and you take away something big from the Sinister 6 if you ask me. He's one of Spidey's most powerful villains and has unique powers that differ from any other villain's in the group. It would be awesome to see him in a team.

The only one in the Sinister 6 I would want to replace is Kraven. The more I think about it, the more out of place he feels in such a powerful team up. I don't see what Doc Ock would see in him. Replace him with Shocker, then have a Kraven's Last Hunt inspired film later on instead.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #75
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I think Sandman will be replaced, but I hope he isn't.

i think possibly sandman might be just outside of the realism Webb has set for this film

i mean webb has given us the lizard which is a man transforming because of gene splicing and if you can do that im sure you can get away with green goblin and anything thats big in technology thanks to oscorp which could give us Vulture and rhino, doc ock, shocker and could possibly get away with mysterio

but a man who can turn to sand... hmm... not sure