The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #226
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Pa

@VideoGamesFacts: Brett Ratner, the director of X-Men: The Last Stand, will produce an animated TV series based on Farmville.

His career has taken a whole new step.

The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #227
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Pa

What the devil is Farmville?

Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #228
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

infamous facebook game?

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #229
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
infamous facebook game?
Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
But X3 Moira was like..the same age as First Class Moira! How could they fix this???
They don't even have to fix it or explain it because if they came up with some crazy explanation, it would just sound stupid like their explanation for Emma Frost appearing in Origins.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #230
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Just pretend it neeeevveerrr happened....

Old 02-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #231
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Not exactly pretend it didn't happen but just ignore that there's an error about their age. You are just give yourself a headache if you try to come up w/ a solution or explanation for these continuity errors.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #232
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke Janssen must be on X-Men days of future past,she is so amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGpQGU-2wJ8

In this film lacks the x-men divas,Rebecca,Famke and Halle.The film has 8 men and only 3 girls.

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #233
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think there Is very good chance of Rebecca In future scenes.

My thinking are odds of other vets from trilogy returning go like this

1:Rebecca Romijn
2aniel Cudmore
3:Alan Cumming
4:Halle Berry
5:Famke Janssen and James Marsden

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #234
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Why does Rebecca Romijn has a good chance on coming back? IMO, Storm and the other X-Men have more reasons to return. And her younger version is already in the movie. Her character wasn't so important/significant compare to Ian/Patrick's character. It will just feels so crowded to get everybody back.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-15-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #235
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

I hope Famke comes back and same thing with James.... I've written some x-men fan fiction stuff to expand on some scenes a little...I'm very descriptive in my writing. lol. Oh man, this movie has me pumped way more than any other movie!! WHY? CAUSE ITS X-MEN Baby!!!

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #236
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I think there Is very good chance of Rebecca In future scenes.

My thinking are odds of other vets from trilogy returning go like this

1:Rebecca Romijn
2aniel Cudmore
3:Alan Cumming
4:Halle Berry
5:Famke Janssen and James Marsden
Care to explain your reasons,

I think the odds would go a little like this.

1)Halle Berry (She's the last big star from the original trilogy, She's an ethnic character which gives the movie diversity, her powers allow for large scale, visual effects heavy money shots, she appears in the comic, is the current leader of the X-Men in the movieverse and she has a huge fan following)
2)Rebecca Romijn (She and Bryan have a great working relationship, she has a younger version of herself in the past and could cater for giving JenLaw a bigger role as time traveler)
3) Daniel Cudmore (A fan favourite, Colossus appeared in the comic storyline and his abilities could make for amazing action scenes.)
4)Alan Cumming (He would require explanation to return but he is a fan fav and many would like to see him come back and continue his relationship with Storm, Nightcrawler appeared in the comic and his appearance could cater for an nod at his lineage with both Mystique and Azazel in the movie.)
5) Famke and James (the most unlikely but could appear in a am alternate future ending after they stop the event that triggers the dystopian future, or appear in a flashback that Storm or Wolverine could have.)

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #237
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Care to explain your reasons,

I think the odds would go a little like this.

1)Halle Berry (She's the last big star from the original trilogy, She's an ethnic character which gives the movie diversity, her powers allow for large scale, visual effects heavy money shots, she appears in the comic, is the current leader of the X-Men in the movieverse and she has a huge fan following)
2)Rebecca Romijn (She and Bryan have a great working relationship, she has a younger version of herself in the past and could cater for giving JenLaw a bigger role as time traveler)
3) Daniel Cudmore (A fan favourite, Colossus appeared in the comic storyline and his abilities could make for amazing action scenes.)
4)Alan Cumming (He would require explanation to return but he is a fan fav and many would like to see him come back and continue his relationship with Storm, Nightcrawler appeared in the comic and his appearance could cater for an nod at his lineage with both Mystique and Azazel in the movie.)
5) Famke and James (the most unlikely but could appear in a am alternate future ending after they stop the event that triggers the dystopian future, or appear in a flashback that Storm or Wolverine could have.)
Here Is my thinking.

1:Rebecca Romijn Is a favorate of Bryan Singer.She remains on very good terms with him and producers.She even cameod In First Class.Mystique Is In past.It makes sense she would be In fuutre.Someone other than Xavier and Magneto needs to be In both timeframes.Plus some non X-Man besides Magneto should survive.With Magneto likely a larger role In Future than In comic It makes sense for his right hand to be at his side.
2aniel Cudmore was seen following Bryan Singer on twitter.That could be a tipoff.Plus Bryan reportly wanted to do more with Colossus after X2
3:Alan CUmming-If you read between the lines when Bryan was asked It defently seems like a return of nightcrawler Is very possable.Bryan likes the character of Nightcrawler
4:halle Berry-If you read between the lines Bryan seemed to hint at Nightcrawler more than Storm returning.Bryan also seemed to Indicate for him
the real stars of his first 2 films were Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,Hugh Jackman,and Anna Paquin.Storm Is not one of his favorate characters.She could very well not make the cut
5:Famke Janssen and james Marsden-Both of them may not make cut due to Bryan not ignoring the Last Stand.

They aren't going to bring back everyone.SomeoneEllen Page might have made the cut due to Anna Paquin's True Blood schedule.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #238
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Here Is my thinking.

1:Rebecca Romijn Is a favorate of Bryan Singer.She remains on very good terms with him and producers.She even cameod In First Class.Mystique Is In past.It makes sense she would be In fuutre.Someone other than Xavier and Magneto needs to be In both timeframes.Plus some non X-Man besides Magneto should survive.With Magneto likely a larger role In Future than In comic It makes sense for his right hand to be at his side.
I don't see why another character besides Prof X and Mags NEEDS to be in this as you state there is no requirement. I also feel that Mystique's arc ended with X3 so bringing her back may require some explanation. She turned against Mags after he left her. I understand your point about there being another mutant that is not an X-Men surviving but then again the comic only had magneto as the only surviving villainous mutant. I just don't think she has higher odds then Halle, Alan or even Daniel.

Quote:
2aniel Cudmore was seen following Bryan Singer on twitter.That could be a tipoff.Plus Bryan reportly wanted to do more with Colossus after X2
I think you could be reading too much into that and again Cudmore was a forgettable part of the franchise and was not a star, He would only likely return if he served an important part in the story and it seems like Iceman has taking over his position from the comics and just because Singer wanted to do more with him doesn't mean he will do that for this movie. But there is the possibility for his return but I don't think it's this high.

Quote:
3:Alan CUmming-If you read between the lines when Bryan was asked It defently seems like a return of nightcrawler Is very possable.Bryan likes the character of Nightcrawler
Alan is the least likely candidate after Famke and James, he didn't have a large role in the comic storyline plus he hasn't been in an X-Men movie since X2. He's return may require an explanation especially if this is continuing from X3. Nightcrawler may return because he is fan favorite. And because of his relation to Mystique and Azazel.

Quote:
4:halle Berry-If you read between the lines Bryan seemed to hint at Nightcrawler more than Storm returning.Bryan also seemed to Indicate for him
the real stars of his first 2 films were Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,Hugh Jackman,and Anna Paquin.Storm Is not one of his favorate characters.She could very well not make the cut
I really don't see how you read that into what he said. Both replies were vague and non committal. The only difference being that one reporter pushed for more from Singer regarding Nightcrawler. I think Halle is very likely for the reasons I've already stated. I really don't see where he indicates that Halle was not a star of the franchise, Rogue added nothing to the movies after X1 at least Storm added great SFX sequences.

Quote:
5:Famke Janssen and james Marsden-Both of them may not make cut due to Bryan not ignoring the Last Stand.
I actually completely agree with this.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #239
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Rebecca romijn was very much one of the Singer circle of actors.I don't think Bryan will let what went down In Last Stand keep him from using an actor since she wasn't killed.Plus on commantary of Last Stand It was revealed at end
Mystique was suspose to be In part with Magneto and It was going to be revealed she remained on his side and her going to government was part of plan.
Her schedule with TV show didn't allow It.Plus Magneto having multiple man ready for distraction hints at this plot devolpment.

Daniel Cudmore could return simply to showcase Colossus In action sequenzes
of freeing prisoners from sentinles and battle against sentinles.

Bryan defently hinted at possibly of Nightcrawler returning.While he might not
make the cut he defently seemed a bit more open to that than Storm.

Bryan defently In Interview seemed to hin he felt Patrick,Ian,Hugh,and Anna
were stars of X-Men and X2.Just because some felt Rogue didn't add much after first film doesn't mean he agrees.Halle Berry may end up making the cut
but there Is possibilty she won't.Plus If she does she may have less role than
most of other announced returnes In future scens with exception of Iceman.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #240
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Bringing back Nightcrawler wouldn't be too hard. If it's the future and mutants are hunted, he's obviously going to find a group of mutants to join up with for safety

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #241
Angamb
Banned User

definetly.

its funny how some users find negative reasons to bring a character, while others find postivie ones, same with all the alive characters, lol

You can clearly see which are their faves and which not

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #242
merbass
Side-Kick

I think it will be easy to put Night crawler, Storm or Colossus in the movie. They will serve the purpose to fighting off Sentinels and possibly captured and killed.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #243
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
I think you could be reading too much into that and again Cudmore was a forgettable part of the franchise and was not a star, He would only likely return if he served an important part in the story and it seems like Iceman has taking over his position from the comics and just because Singer wanted to do more with him doesn't mean he will do that for this movie. But there is the possibility for his return but I don't think it's this high.
So, when you say you think that he's taking Colossus's role in the comics, do you think Singer will keep Bobby's romance with Kitty intact?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
lordofthenerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #244
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Ellen Page might have made the cut due to Anna Paquin's True Blood schedule.
So are you saying that they probably brought back Ellen Page back just to fill in some of Rogue's scenes? I don't think so.

Quote:
I don't see why another character besides Prof X and Mags NEEDS to be in this as you state there is no requirement. I also feel that Mystique's arc ended with X3 so bringing her back may require some explanation. She turned against Mags after he left her. I understand your point about there being another mutant that is not an X-Men surviving but then again the comic only had magneto as the only surviving villainous mutant. I just don't think she has higher odds then Halle, Alan or even Daniel.
I don't like this mentality of "Bryan loves working with her, he will probably bring her back". Eh her arc ended in X3, just because they're friends in real life and enjoyed directing her character, it doesn't guarantee that Mystique will be back and just scoop her in the movie. Its like playing favorites then they won't add Storm because they don't feel like she's not important to the story.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-16-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #245
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, this 'Bryan's friends will be in and the rest out' is getting so dated

Ellen Page wasnt signed by Bryan and she is there, so lets open our minds a bit.

Bryan loves the X-men UNIVERSE. He wont only use the same X1-X2 characters over and over and over until end of time.

He likes the universe and as has said wants to Expand it. so actors and new characters from the comics can appear both on this sequel and future movies directed by Bryan, if Fox signs him again.

Cant wait to see next NEW actor on the franchise. hopefully for the 70's team. (appart from Nixon of course)

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #246
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Bringing back Nightcrawler wouldn't be too hard. If it's the future and mutants are hunted, he's obviously going to find a group of mutants to join up with for safety
I think he and Beast are the characters I want back the most.The issue is, both these actors would have to decide whether it was worth the tedious hours of makeup.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #247
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Alan Cumming has said he would be up for it.

I'm skeptical as to whether they'll have him return though.

You officially have no life.
lordofthenerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #248
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

just had a quick read through, it amuses me that noone has mentioned Angel returning at all... no love for the winged guy?

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

spidey-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #249
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

A cameo from Angel would be nice.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #250
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

I see him as mostly a non-essential for DoFP though; he never was an official X-Men in TLS. Besides, of what use would he be in a battle against Sentinels? He'd be pretty ineffective. And he's too young to have a "past" equivalent. I don't think we're going to see him in this film.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote