The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:02 AM   #976
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So the Lego seems to confirm Tor An, after all we had heard that he was in the film but not ever an official confirmation.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-17-2013, 06:02 AM   #977
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's been rumored that a new trailer will be released in April, but I personally think that they should do so in March.
TDK and TDKR both had their 3rd trailers online in the first days of May with both having a mid-late July release date. About 10-11 weeks before. So if MOS was to follow that, the next trailer should be online in the final week of March/first week of April. Personally I think they should debut it at WonderCon and have it online the same day. WC is March 29-31.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #978
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
TDK and TDKR both had their 3rd trailers online in the first days of May with both having a mid-late July release date. About 10-11 weeks before. So if MOS was to follow that, the next trailer should be online in the final week of March/first week of April. Personally I think they should debut it at WonderCon and have it online the same day. WC is March 29-31.
Wow, MoS would absolutely dominate WonderCon if they did that. All the reports from there would be about the film. Not to mention the new Synder/Lee title might make some sort of appearance, Supes would own the show. He's already on the poster for the con so hopefully they're thinking along these lines.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #979
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Wow, MoS would absolutely dominate WonderCon if they did that. All the reports from there would be about the film. Not to mention the new Synder/Lee title might make some sort of appearance, Supes would own the show. He's already on the poster for the con so hopefully they're thinking along these lines.
Yeah. Though GL was at WC too....but then again so was Nolan with Inception so who knows. But with WB being so low-key and gun shy with revealing anything really good from MOS, I wont get my hopes up for that. We'll see...

Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #980
Glassjaw
In training

Darn the poster I mentioned was for the Chicago Expo, a month later.

By this time surely the trailer will be out, anticipation will be sky high

Old 02-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #981
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Saw this tweet on Double Negative's official twitter page, RT from one of their employees: The guy also tweeted this:

Double Negative ‏@dneg RT @Ewoud84: Crew screening was awesome. Proud of all the @dneg people involved. Can’t wait for #superman to fly in to theatres. #MoS

The guy also tweeted this:

Ewoud Heidanus ‏@Ewoud84
Can't wait for the crew screening tomorrow. Some of the best VFX work I've seen. Glad to have been a part of this.

So he saw a MOS screening on February 13th. And I guess this means the VFX work is done. Which means that the next trailer won't have any excuses if it fails to deliver.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #982
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Saw this tweet on Double Negative's official twitter page, RT from one of their employees: The guy also tweeted this:

Double Negative ‏@dneg RT @Ewoud84: Crew screening was awesome. Proud of all the @dneg people involved. Can’t wait for #superman to fly in to theatres. #MoS

Ewoud Heidanus ‏@Ewoud84
Can't wait for the crew screening tomorrow. Some of the best VFX work I've seen. Glad to have been a part of this.

So he saw a MOS screening on February 13th. And I guess this means the VFX work is done. Which means that the next trailer won't have any excuses if it fails to deliver.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The next trailer is going to be CRAZY in all the right ways!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #983
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Don't think I'll ever be able to get over how ugly that suit is.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #984
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

That's a fairly bad picture, his cover to Action #19 (I think, the two page spread cover) is really good. The suit isn't actually bad at all, it just has extraneous details and is not amazing, which is what a Superman suit should be.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #985
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

The extraneous detail makes it hideous. Take it all away and it just looks like a plain piece of crap. They could've (and should've) done a lot better.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #986
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'm not buying it..if JLA makes an appearance (cast of course), that would be pretty cool. But I just don't see that happening
I don't know about the cast appearing, but I do expect an official JL 2015 announcement at this year's comic-con. And maybe even a director as well, which I'm hoping will be Snyder.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #987
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Don't think I'll ever be able to get over how ugly that suit is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
The extraneous detail makes it hideous. Take it all away and it just looks like a plain piece of crap. They could've (and should've) done a lot better.
A bit of playful exaggeration, yes?

Because at the end of the day… you’re comparing fairly similar images of a grown man in a bodystocking, boots and a cape. Hard to call one literally “hideous” without tainting the other.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #988
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
A bit of playful exaggeration, yes?
Yes. I don't like it, but it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. I do find it pretty ugly, though.

Quote:
Because at the end of the day… you’re comparing fairly similar images of a grown man in a bodystocking, boots and a cape. Hard to call one literally “hideous” without tainting the other.
So? The design elements might be similar, but one is definitely more pleasing to my eye than the other.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #989
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I bought my tickets for WonderCon yesterday.
Hoping for some MOS Trailer Goodness.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #990
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I bought my tickets for WonderCon yesterday.
Hoping for some MOS Trailer Goodness.
When is Wondercon? March?

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #991
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

Ewoud Heidanus ‏@Ewoud84

This is what made be smile most

Old 02-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #992
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

I like how it's not the execs that are leaking their approval. Seems like it's mainly the crew who are happy to be proud of their work

Old 02-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #993
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
When is Wondercon? March?
Yep.
Last weekend.
From Friday to Sunday.
It's in Anaheim CA.
The Convention Center .

Old 02-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #994
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Darn the poster I mentioned was for the Chicago Expo, a month later.

By this time surely the trailer will be out, anticipation will be sky high
I'm honestly indifferent to the New 52 suit as a whole. But that symbol is godawful. Seriously, the whole "wonky S" thing is retarded.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #995
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Doesn't look too bad here:

Last edited by Llama_Shepherd; 02-17-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #996
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post

Awesome pics

Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #997
Glassjaw
In training

Think that's the artist taking over drawing duties on either Superman or Action Comics, after the current run finishes, might have to start picking it up then

Old 02-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #998
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Give the 52 suit the classic symbol, change the stupid sleeves and the neckline and I'm happy with it.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #999
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Now that they have won the lawsuit, do you think we might see a return of the classic suit in the rebooted comics?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #1000
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post

I want a poster for Man of Steel based on both of these.