The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #826
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
This is true.

What's this talk of Dinklage in GotG? I thought he was only in X-Men.
ALot of people wanted him for Rocket at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
*crosses fingers* next week Breaking Bad, next week Breaking Bad...
Or Walking Dead; Michael Rooker needs to play Rocky!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #827
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
ALot of people wanted him for Rocket at first.

Or Walking Dead; Michael Rooker needs to play Rocky!
Dinklage could probably do both DOFP *and* GOTG, especially since a role as Rocket would just be voice-overs and mocap.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-16-2013, 02:52 AM   #828
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Sick of Twitter posts counting as actual news. 100 characters is not valid news reporting. There is no substance.

- CM Punk
Old 02-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #829
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Sick of Twitter posts counting as actual news. 100 characters is not valid news reporting. There is no substance.
Twitter is hardly the first thing to blame there. How about targeting people with no journalism experience or knowledge of ethics?

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-16-2013, 02:57 AM   #830
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I hold everyone accountable. I just dislike Twitter because of the climate it creates.

- CM Punk
Old 02-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #831
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Then stop reading Twitter.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #832
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Most people that report important news on twitter use it as a subject line and then post the actual articles to it. In that format I think it's perfectly fine as a source of news.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #833
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Then stop reading Twitter.
I don't read Twitter smarty-pants. But being on the web, it's influence is undeniable as people are constantly reporting as nonsense that makes it onto Twitter that's false as fact. I dislike Twitter because it allows these published stories that have no substance and there is really nothing required to back it up at all.

- CM Punk
Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #834
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
I dislike Twitter because it allows these published stories that have no substance and there is really nothing required to back it up at all.
Yeah but that basically describes all internet "journalism" everywhere. It just seems weird that you're singling out Twitter (which I don't particularly like either)

~ The Road of Kings

Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #835
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It's not isolated to Twitter Whiskey, but I point out Twitter because it is especially rampant there and Twitter enables it even more.

I've pointed out flaws in a lot of Latino Review reporting plenty of times before. Not to mention how El Mayimbe came here and trolled the site.

- CM Punk
Old 02-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #836
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Quote:
It's not isolated to Twitter Whiskey, but I point out Twitter because it is especially rampant there and Twitter enables it even more.

I've pointed out flaws in a lot of Latino Review reporting plenty of times before. Not to mention how El Mayimbe came here and trolled the site.
Mayimbe's legit. He has mad respect in the internet movie community. In a time where AICN and a bunch of other sites are no longer getting the real scoops, Latino-Review has an amazing B.A.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #837
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

He's also a self-important windbag.

~ The Road of Kings

Old 02-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #838
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
He's also a self-important windbag.
Well so are many people in the media. Nikki Finke according to many is an insufferable human being but we take Deadline's scoops with a sense of validity. At least Mayimbe has an enthusiasm about what he reports, unlike Finke.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #839
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
I don't read Twitter smarty-pants. But being on the web, it's influence is undeniable as people are constantly reporting as nonsense that makes it onto Twitter that's false as fact. I dislike Twitter because it allows these published stories that have no substance and there is really nothing required to back it up at all.
Yup.

The only twitter accounts I trust are the ones from the directors. I'm following Marc Webb and he's been putting up little sneak peak photos for the new Spider-Man.

A lot of these blogger types, think they have great sources in the industry but are usually guessing what they report.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #840
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
Mayimbe's legit. He has mad respect in the internet movie community. In a time where AICN and a bunch of other sites are no longer getting the real scoops, Latino-Review has an amazing B.A.
I don't care for how El Mayimbe trolled the forums. I think Latino Review is overrated.

- CM Punk
Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #841
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
I don't care for how El Mayimbe trolled the forums. I think Latino Review is overrated.
I agree, especially considering for all the other stuff they've "revealed" this past couple of weeks.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #842
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

just got into a program called blender 3d.

made a mock up of knowhere.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #843
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Nice misjuevos.

- CM Punk
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #844
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
Gosh lol I don't know how many times I have to say this. He may not be legit, and this is why he is "legit".

I took the liberty of going to latin review, and read EVERY SINGLE ONE of his articles that he wrote.

Just about all of them were random things, and announcing marvel news with a source. Meaning, he posts an article, and in the article, he sites another website that already confirms his info. Cause of this, he has a great record of being legit.

HOWEVER. When it comes to scoops and announcing marvel things that have yet to be officially announced, like right now..not so much...black panther, he said it would be the 2nd movie of 2014. Yet, he still has a great record. You say he legit. He probably is getting very early drafts, and concepts. However, as I said, you say legit. I say the work of a very smart con artist. His self promoting certainly supports my thoughts

Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #845
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Gosh lol I don't know how many times I have to say this. He may not be legit, and this is why he is "legit".

I took the liberty of going to latin review, and read EVERY SINGLE ONE of his articles that he wrote.

Just about all of them were random things, and announcing marvel news with a source. Meaning, he posts an article, and in the article, he sites another website that already confirms his info. Cause of this, he has a great record of being legit.

HOWEVER. When it comes to scoops and announcing marvel things that have yet to be officially announced, like right now..not so much...black panther, he said it would be the 2nd movie of 2014. Yet, he still has a great record. You say he legit. He probably is getting very early drafts, and concepts. However, as I said, you say legit. I say the work of a very smart con artist. His self promoting certainly supports my thoughts
Not that it'll change your mind or anything, but the Black Panther scoop didn't come from Mayimbe. Another Latino Review writer. I also checked out his old scoops. You guys may already know this, but Mayimbe broke the news about Ledger playing Joker and Routh playing Supes.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #846
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Not that it'll change your mind or anything, but the Black Panther scoop didn't come from Mayimbe. Another Latino Review writer. I also checked out his old scoops. You guys may already know this, but Mayimbe broke the news about Ledger playing Joker and Routh playing Supes.

Yes, but those scoops had to have been 6-8 years ago. The one thing he's had that was nearly as big is that Thanos would be in TA. LR also said that the Skrulls would be the invading army in The Avengers, which was untrue. Now he's into amateur hour antics like posting hints and dragging out the reveal of his scoops for weeks to build up hype. It's also annoying that he ripped into the studio for trying to keep its plans secret, like their security concerns constituted some sort of attack on LR.

The thing he posted about Iron Man going into space at the end of IM3 will be revealed as true or false in April, which will give us a line on the credibility of his other big Marvel scoop about Planet Hulk.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #847
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Yes, but those scoops had to have been 6-8 years ago. The one thing he's had that was nearly as big is that Thanos would be in TA. LR also said that the Skrulls would be the invading army in The Avengers, which was untrue. Now he's into amateur hour antics like posting hints and dragging out the reveal of his scoops for weeks to build up hype. It's also annoying that he ripped into the studio for trying to keep its plans secret, like their security concerns constituted some sort of attack on LR.

The thing he posted about Iron Man going into space at the end of IM3 will be revealed as true or false in April, which will give us a line on the credibility of his other big Marvel scoop about Planet Hulk.
I'll give him half-credit for the Skrulls angle: the Chitauri are just the Ultimate version of the Skrulls.

But he *loses* points for the Deep Space Armor "scoop," because we already learned about that a day or two before via a toy reveal (to date, the only Phase II spoiler that has been officially blocked by Marvel Studios).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #848
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Again though, how were his articles written? for routh and ledger, did he site other sources in his articles? Or did he just claim it.

as for the panther, yeah, it was him.
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/05/...place-wakanda/

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

the ironman thing is probably true. but i feel like he isntn the one who talked about thanos, was he?

Old 02-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #849
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I think El Mayimbe gets a lot of stuff right, I just think most of us are sick of his antics. He also teased an Ant-Man scoop a few weeks ago and just dropped it completely.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #850
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Again though, how were his articles written? for routh and ledger, did he site other sources in his articles? Or did he just claim it.

as for the panther, yeah, it was him.
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/05/...place-wakanda/

the ironman thing is probably true. but i feel like he isntn the one who talked about thanos, was he?
He wrote the article, but it was @Da7e's sources. But I assume one of El's sources claimed it as well, considering he mentioned there were 4 different ones. A couple hours before he posted the scoop, Variety had tweeted they heard it was 'Black Panther' as well.

LR had a different domain when they posted the Ledger/Joker scoop so the URL doesn't work. The Hype covered it though http://www.superherohype.com/feature...play-the-joker