The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Now that they have won the lawsuit, do you think we might see a return of the classic suit in the rebooted comics?
Did the lawsuit really ever have an impact on the new suit?

Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
robmx522
Banned User

is this threat alive?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
is this thread alive?
Nope.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

What threat? The rights issues?

That's over. WB won.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
Torrente
Side-Kick

I don't know if its ok to discuss the CC trailer but I just saw a version that is much cleaner (it's the one where you can hear talking the guy that is filming it).
That freaking music form The Thin Red Line makes it so incredibly sentimental, gives me chills...also, I wonder why the cut the "good character or bad character" Pa Kent line in the latest trailer?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
I don't know if its ok to discuss the CC trailer but I just saw a version that is much cleaner (it's the one where you can hear talking the guy that is filming it).
That freaking music form The Thin Red Line makes it so incredibly sentimental, gives me chills...also, I wonder why the cut the "good character or bad character" Pa Kent line in the latest trailer?
The CC trailer is so great.
Like it's just ****ing great lol.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
Perfectly fine to discuss it.

Just do not post video, pictures, audio, etc. (including links)

Old 02-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #10
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I had a dream that I was sitting in a theatre watching a new movie trailer for this.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
bgshw44
Side-Kick

That CC trailer was terrific, however it was such a letdown that they didnt release something similar in fron of TDKR.

On a side note, while I am ridiculously excited for the movie, and think it will be absolutely terrific, does anyone else not feel the same "magic" surrounding this production as they did with SR? I am not talking about the ultimate qulity of the film. Maybe it is because I was younger and it was the first superman film i had ever followed...

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I had a dream that I was sitting in a theatre watching a new movie trailer for this.
Share some shots, man. Maybe you're a pre-cog.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #13
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgshw44 View Post
On a side note, while I am ridiculously excited for the movie, and think it will be absolutely terrific, does anyone else not feel the same "magic" surrounding this production as they did with SR? I am not talking about the ultimate qulity of the film. Maybe it is because I was younger and it was the first superman film i had ever followed...
Part of it is because the film is already finished (aside from some post-production tidying up) so there isn't much progress to follow. Another part of it is that there has been no marketing whatsoever since the last trailer.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Literally just last night I had a dream my house was right next to the house and field the film crew used as Kent farm. I didn't dream I was watching the film or even in it, I dreamt I was on the set and tried to get a walk on part... I think I'd been going through the early pages of the Photo no discussion thread right before going to sleep.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #15
Torrente
Side-Kick

Spoiler tag as well to discuss comic con trailer?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgshw44 View Post
I know what you mean. But no.

If this was the first Superman movie since Quest for Peace, then I would. The Man of Steel has lost its uniqueness there. But am I looking forward to it? Totally. I trust the cats who told me it worked.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #17
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I like cats.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #18
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Cats are the heart of a home.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #19
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #20
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

But seriously, it's quite puzzling that it took more than 20 years for the powers that be to make another Superman-movie, even 5-6 years after the CBM-genre proved to be a hit. They must not've believed in it.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #21
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
But seriously, it's quite puzzling that it took more than 20 years for the powers that be to make another Superman-movie, even 5-6 years after the CBM-genre proved to be a hit. They must not've believed in it.
Maybe because all the ideas between 1987 and 2006 sucked ass and it's sad the best idea in 20 years was Returns

Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #22
Torrente
Side-Kick

Who thinks the
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
kiss between supes and Lois
in the comic con trailer looks incredible...

Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
bgshw44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
I know what you mean. But no.

If this was the first Superman movie since Quest for Peace, then I would. The Man of Steel has lost its uniqueness there. But am I looking forward to it? Totally. I trust the cats who told me it worked.
i definitely think this movie worked and the product has the magic, I was just referring to the whole pre-production/filming process. Most likely because it was much more secretive.

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #24
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Maybe because all the ideas between 1987 and 2006 sucked ass and it's sad the best idea in 20 years was Returns
I know, but that's incredible.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #25
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
For a good stretch, the Superman movie rights were never 100% within WBís control. After Cannon Filmsí SIV, the rights reverted back to the Salkinds. Finally, WB reacquired them in the early 90s (producing L&C); and by the mid-to-late 90s they were looking at a new film (Superman Lives). So it wasnít as if WB didnít care about the property.

Closed Thread