The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #976
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

<regarding the idea that either Gwyneth Paltrow or Natalie Portman has shown reluctance to continue in her respective role>

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
What did she say?
Beats me. I never see any interviews, statements, or whatever primary (or near to primary) sources to back this idea up. I only ever read fans repeating the assertion, here or on other boards that I read.

I'm baffled.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #977
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
<regarding the idea that either Gwyneth Paltrow or Natalie Portman has shown reluctance to continue in her respective role>

Beats me. I never see any interviews, statements, or whatever primary (or near to primary) sources to back this idea up. I only ever read fans repeating the assertion, here or on other boards that I read.

I'm baffled.
she said that iron man was very physically taxing and she is getting too old for those kinds of roles

Old 02-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #978
FABSN13
Side-Kick

Any information if Patrick Doyle will return? I mean the score was beyond incredible. Just imagine the scene where Asgard is first shown to us. I thought i heard something that he'd return, i do really hope so.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #979
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I think last I read they were definately trying to get him to come back, but that was a while ago and it was never mentioned again.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #980
FABSN13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
I think last I read they were definately trying to get him to come back, but that was a while ago and it was never mentioned again.
Ok, thanks. Hopefully he returns, would be a loss otherwise.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #981
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
This is just conjecture on my part but maybe Surtur shows up at the end of this movie and takes out Odin setting up the events for the next movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post

I'm baffled.
see above fo gweneth, and I m pretty sure Natalie has strongly hinted at it as well.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #982
FABSN13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
see above fo gweneth, and I m pretty sure Natalie has strongly hinted at it as well.
Yeah Natalie was not very happy when it was announced that Patty Jenkins would not direct the film.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #983
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason

I don't know why a change in director would warrant such a hateful reaction though. It's not like she can't work with Patty Jenkins on other projects.

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592
Old 02-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #984
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I don't know why a change in director would warrant such a hateful reaction though. It's not like she can't work with Patty Jenkins on other projects.
idk. She should just deal with it

Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #985
FABSN13
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm not saying it's true. There was a lot of talking after the news on the boards. Anyway Alan Taylor is also a great director. Hopefully Jenkins gets to direct a CBM in the future.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #986
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
There was no hateful reaction. Portman was unhappy that Jenkins left the film... and that's it. Nothing about not liking Taylor, no hint that she herself wanted to leave. All that stuff is conjecture fans thought up around the first part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
idk. She should just deal with it
Does the very fact that she did the movie not indicate she dealt with it?

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #987
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
There was no hateful reaction. Portman was unhappy that Jenkins left the film... and that's it. Nothing about not liking Taylor, no hint that she herself wanted to leave. All that stuff is conjecture fans thought up around the first part.

Not quite what I meant. An actor can be in a film and not be interested in doing it

Old 02-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #988
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes and yes. It's really too bad this rumor keeps being brought up, but that's the nature of the internet, unfortunately.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #989
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
She's under contract to be in the movie whether she likes it or not.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #990
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Jenkins was apparently Portman's own suggestion for director of Thor 2. Marvel tried to go with it, found out that Jenkins didn't share their vision for the project, and parted ways quickly. A couple of media outlets then reported that Natalie was upset with the decision. She might've felt like it was a personal slight against her for suggesting Jenkins in the first place.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #991
McSir
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Jenkins was apparently Portman's own suggestion for director of Thor 2. Marvel tried to go with it, found out that Jenkins didn't share their vision for the project, and parted ways quickly. A couple of media outlets then reported that Natalie was upset with the decision. She might've felt like it was a personal slight against her for suggesting Jenkins in the first place.
I'd actually be kind of interested to know exactly what her vision was and why they didn't go for it.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #992
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSir View Post
I'd actually be kind of interested to know exactly what her vision was and why they didn't go for it.
Dunno, but considering Jenkins is best known for brutally realistic crime dramas like Monster and The Killing, I'd guess that it came down to a realist's view vs. a realm of pure fantasy. My own personal theory is that Thor 2 originally started out with a script that would feature Enchantress as the lead villain, and the idea was to hire a female director for insight; but when that fell through, they went with the Malekith/Kurse storyline instead and a seasoned fantasy director, Taylor. (And I strongly believe that Malekith and Kurse were chosen solely to be a set-up for Surtur and the Twilight Sword Saga in Thor 3.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #993
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSir View Post
Both her and the director before her (which was a GOT director also) claimed that iirc... I am extremely curious about what exactly the differences were for both.

Quote:
Dunno, but considering Jenkins is best known for brutally realistic crime dramas like Monster and The Killing, I'd guess that it came down to a realist's view vs. a realm of pure fantasy. My own personal theory is that Thor 2 originally started out with a script that would feature Enchantress as the lead villain, and the idea was to hire a female director for insight; but when that fell through, they went with the Malekith/Kurse storyline instead and a seasoned fantasy director, Taylor. (And I strongly believe that Malekith and Kurse were chosen solely to be a set-up for Surtur and the Twilight Sword Saga in Thor 3.)
as we were talking about a bit in another thread, it takes a long time to get the CGI characters which we are assuming Surtur will be, ready to go, so assuming he'll be in Thor 2, if he is, they likely had planned for that long before Jenkins became involved. In which case, it seems unlikely that they didnt plan for Malekith and Kurse to be the big bads in Thor 2 from fairly soon after Thor 1, since they are considered a precursor to Surtur, not Enchantress.

I did come across a rumor from Bleeding cool news back in May that seems confident that Enchantress would be in it though, but like Dr. Strange we've not had anything really stronger than rumors, which is odd at this point (no suspicious casting announcements, for instance)
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/...-rock-in-lobo/

Old 02-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #994
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

Hi everyone. Don't really know much about the Thor comics, but love the films. Just wondering, since Thor is referred to as Thor Odinson, was Loki ever referred to as Loki Odinson - obviously before his true heritage was revealed. Can't wait for TDW and thanks for a reply if I get one

Old 02-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #995
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

Also, just watched Thor for the third time and FINALLY got that Coul-son joke! Really cracked me up. Feel like an idiot for missing it the first couple of views, but better late than never!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #996
FABSN13
Side-Kick

Delete post

Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #997
FABSN13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Griffith View Post
Also, just watched Thor for the third time and FINALLY got that Coul-son joke! Really cracked me up. Feel like an idiot for missing it the first couple of views, but better late than never!

Always great if people love the characters pal! Obviously his real name is Loki Laufeyson, but i guess that he was called Odinson, because he thought he was the son of Odin until his true heritage was revealed to him.

Oh yeah, the Coul-Son joke. really great! I just realized that i've got to watch the film again

Old 02-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #998
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason

Quote:
I can kind of understand why Natalie Portman would be disappointed but the show must go on after all.

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592
Old 02-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #999
elizah72
Side-Kick

Jaimie "a lot of my moves this time are full of martial arts..."

1:47

http://www.shape.com/celebrities/int...ess-and-acting

Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #1000
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Jaimie "a lot of my moves this time are full of martial arts..."

1:47

http://www.shape.com/celebrities/int...ess-and-acting
Sif doing more than slashing with a sword/spear, that sounds greeat I just hope it goes for the rest of the Asgardians as well.

I'm tired of everyone besides Thor and Odin being treated like medieval warriors, this is a highly advanced race and their battles should reflect that.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Closed Thread