The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Stand-Alone Movies

Old 02-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #76
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!

Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Kit Fisto is another character I really like. He could be an interesting Jedi to follow on an adventure in a solo film. I'm sure Jackson wants to do a Mace Windu solo. For the solo films if and when they are made I definitely want to see characters outside th Skywalker clan.

I really do see potential in a Boba Fett offshoot. And, I'm not even a huge Boba guy. I'd say let Johnston or Kosinski direct it. Boba outmanuvering the other bounty hunters that Vader collected, dealing with the Hutts, Black Sun or any other underworld entites the SW has to offer could make for a really fun movie IMO.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #77
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Kit Fisto's eyes creep me out.

Is that racist?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #78
regwec
Shakespearo

Not unless wanting to rip Jar Jar's ears off is racist, too.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #79
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Kit Fisto's eyes creep me out.

Is that racist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Not unless wanting to rip Jar Jar's ears off is racist, too.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #80
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

I once denied an Ewok a job because I consider them savages.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #81
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
I want a movie(s) that takes place between the events of III and IV. I've always wanted to see the events surrounding Vader hunting down the Jedi.
That's something that I would like to see. Something to connect that long gap between movies.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #82
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
I want a movie(s) that takes place between the events of III and IV. I've always wanted to see the events surrounding Vader hunting down the Jedi.
Theres a 19 year span between the two films. I-III take place over 13 years and IV-VI take place over only 5. An entire trilogy could easily be put in here. Maybe something like force unleashed but that doesn't have Darth Vader repeatedly getting his ass handed to him.

Only things I wouldn't want to see personally:

*Little kid Luke Skywalker running around on Tattoine
*Obi-Wan having any contact with Vader (not necessarily no Obi-Wan, but none of that)
*No Yoda

Also I wouldn't want it to be about Vader as much as another character that is very close to him, taking the Tim Burton Batman approach with him. Show the story from someone elses point of view and get to know Vader through his eyes keeping him mysterious.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #83
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Theres a 19 year span between the two films. I-III take place over 13 years and IV-VI take place over only 5. An entire trilogy could easily be put in here. Maybe something like force unleashed but that doesn't have Darth Vader repeatedly getting his ass handed to him.

*Obi-Wan having any contact with Vader (not necessarily no Obi-Wan, but none of that)
*No Yoda

Also I wouldn't want it to be about Vader as much as another character that is very close to him, taking the Tim Burton Batman approach with him. Show the story from someone elses point of view and get to know Vader through his eyes keeping him mysterious.
Not actually a bad idea. Although, they would have to change the whole numeric episode list. Unless they come up with some name for the trilogy for the "tweeners". Perhaps they can achieve this with an Obi wan spin off trilogy?

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #84
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

No need for numbers with spin-off films, imo.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #85
regwec
Shakespearo

And definitely no ":". ":" is the international symbol for "cash-in".

Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #86
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post

*No Yoda

Would love to see Obi-Wan travel to Dagobah, have a conference with Yoda & Qui-Gons Ghost about the future...

Jedi-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 AM   #87
johnrain
Side-Kick

Ahsoka Tano comes back and Rooney Mara plays her and she has her vengeance.

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #88
regwec
Shakespearo

Wouldn't she be about 100 by Ep VII? Maybe that's young for her kind...

Old 02-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #89
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!

Mara Jade could be a great character to follow. Her time as the Emperors Hand and the missions she was sent on. Meeting Luke learning to be a Jedi etc. Actually the more I think about it Mara Jade is the character I'd most like to see have her own movie. Plus there needs to be more kick ass females on screen.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #90
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Mara Jade is a must, for me. One of the best SW characters ever, imo.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #91
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
And definitely no ":". ":" is the international symbol for "cash-in".
The Dark Knight: Rises?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #92
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi-Spirit View Post
Would love to see Obi-Wan travel to Dagobah, have a conference with Yoda & Qui-Gons Ghost about the future...
The problem with Yoda is that he kind of loses it in the later episodes. It makes sense kinda because he's been in isolation for so many years with no contact from the outside world. Not only that, it'd be totally out of character for Obi-Wan to be traveling all around the Galaxy going on adventures leaving Luke vulnerable.

If they make an Obi-Wan movie it should take place on Tattoine and focus on Obi-Wan, Owen, and Beru. Maybe explain how he got the nickname Ben, Owen objecting to training Luke as a Jedi, maybe an explanation of why Beru has such found memories of Anakin.

I've tried to rewrite the prequels before, and one of the ideas I thought would have been awesome was showing Obi-Wan, having to fend off a whole swarm of attacking Tusken Raiders, giving more meaning to his warning that they'd "soon be back and in greater numbers". If they could work that scene in somehow it would be pretty awesome.

Maybe you could even have Obi-Wans main conflict being his desire to confront Vader and search for surviving Jedi through the Galaxy, but having Qui-Gon constantly reminding him the importance of Luke and his responsibility to watch over him. Obi-Wan coming to terms and transitioning from the revered General Kenobi to the crazy old wizard Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
The Dark Knight: Rises?
Wasn't the title. He's got a good point, however there have been plenty of Spin-Off cash grab type films that have turned out to be great, it all depends on the creative forces at work. Take for example X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class, night and day.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #93
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick

Buddy Bounty Hunter flick, with tons of action & comedy...Greedo & Beedo: Brothers In Arms

Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #94
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick

It's very unlikely there would be a Star Wars Character Movie, where the main character (Obi-Wan) only hangs out on one Planet...not very Star Wars...

Old 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #95
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Mara Jade is a must, for me. One of the best SW characters ever, imo.
Sorry, but i wholeheartedly disagree. I know she's loved by fans, but she's one character i'm really hoping that they ignore from EU.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #96
James
Built from Lego

I'm not sure they can ignore Mara Jade completely. Even if they don't give her a major role, she'll probably be there in some small way. It seems pretty unlikely the film folks will write off the EU that much, change a few little things here and there sure...but outright remove such a huge part of Luke's character post-ROTJ? I don't see it.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #97
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's very unlikely there would be a Star Wars Character Movie, where the main character (Obi-Wan) only hangs out on one Planet...not very Star Wars...
I agree, but there's no need to keep him to one planet. He could sense a disturbance in the force that takes him away to Tatoonie to investigate.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #98
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I'm not sure they can ignore Mara Jade completely. Even if they don't give her a major role, she'll probably be there in some small way. It seems pretty unlikely the film folks will write off the EU that much, change a few little things here and there sure...but outright remove such a huge part of Luke's character post-ROTJ? I don't see it.
Well if that's not the direction they want to go with, they could ignore her. Heck, they could ignore EU completely; i think that's a possibility us fans need to consider might happen. While she's a character i dont care for, this is something ii know might happen with characters i do like, like Jacen and Jaina, or even Anakin Solo.

You have to remember Mara is only a big part of post-ROTJ for those who read EU. There's a lot of fans who dont read it or care for it. Why should writer be confined to that if they can come up with something great on their own?

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #99
James
Built from Lego

It's possible they'll ignore it, but if I were putting money on it I'd say they'll keep elements of the EU, at least the broad strokes.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #100
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Not very in character to go running around either. Besides Star Wars isn't just lightsabers and planets. It's more about story and character than that, one of the big details that separates the films and the EU.