The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #26
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Default Re: Young Justice or Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Since some of us know Young Justice Invasion has 4 more episodes remaining till the season ends, and we won't be fortunate enough to have more seasons, I don't think it's early to compare them

There is one problem both of these show face, they got cancelled before the teams behind them give all -or most- of what they have to offer in story, they both have loose ends to tie up, Avengers is better in not having as many loose ends

Avengers: More to tell of Beta Ray Bill, Enchantress and Surtur arc is far from completion
Young Justice: Sadly, more than to count on one hand. I believe Greg Weisman and crew need to learn to make his stories self contained within two seasons, Spectacular Spider-Man has plenty of loose ends as well

The second half of season 2 of Avengers displayed some drop in quality compared to what came before it, some flaws are obvious, but it was still good and worth watching, I'd say quality dropped from great to what is reasonably very good

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #27
ElToro
Im No Side-Kick lol

Hands down, no questions about it, Young Justice!!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #28
Maximus One
Oddball

Hands down Young Justice. EMH is a damn good show though

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #29
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

If we were not denied of the rest of YJ, I'd probably agree with you guys

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #30
ShredderX
Side-Kick

I vote for the Avengers :EMH, better writing, stories, and character development, although Young Justice had the better design/animation.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #31
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
It's only fair to call it 'racist' if there's anything negative about the portrayal which I can not pick anything out. Definitely stereotypical, but like I said before, there are plenty of stereotypes in the show. Rocket for instance is pretty stereotypical for her demographic group just as Wonder Girl comes off as a tad 'dumb blonde' sometimes. However, none of them have anything negative or caricature about them so it's far from racist.
I'd call having him exhibit bad stereotypes is negative.

Quote:
And what do people have to say about EMH throwing in a billion characters in the last 10 or so episodes of the show and including them in the finale "just 'cause" although they served almost no purpose earlier.
In the finale it made sense since they were facing a global extinction level threat and they needed all hands on deck. The New Avengers got one standalone episode, and many of those characters were already established in previous episodes between War Machine, Iron Fist, Power Man, and Spider-Man.

Quote:
I eagerly await Avengers Assemble but I kind of wish they didn't continue EMH through it. I'd be ok with retelling it a little. And what's the whole "retconning it to be part of the Ultimate Spiderman Universe" nonsense? That could end up being a mistake.
From the looks of things they aren't continuing it through Earth's Mightiest Heroes. But who knows. Maybe it simply won't contradict it and fans can pretend they are in in-sync.

Gamerslyratchet, that you admit Blue Beetle's voice made you cringe basically says it all. It was a stereotypical, racist portrayal of Jaime, and I stand by that.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #32
Drakepool
Side-Kick

I honestly don't care about WHAT a character is; I'm more concerned with WHO he/she is.

Drakepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #33
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

To my surprise Young Justice. These are, for the most part characters I really don't care about, well didn't care about until this show made me. As others have said the character development was so strong and on top of that the story arcs seemed to be a lot more thought out. The show takes you on a ride and although I'm a total Marvel boy DC gets this round.

I think I'm the only person who couldn't get into EMH....

NJCaliboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #34
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCaliboi View Post
To my surprise Young Justice. These are, for the most part characters I really don't care about, well didn't care about until this show made me. As others have said the character development was so strong and on top of that the story arcs seemed to be a lot more thought out. The show takes you on a ride and although I'm a total Marvel boy DC gets this round.

I think I'm the only person who couldn't get into EMH....
It was difficult, but if you push past the beginning of EMH it isn't bad. The middle of the whole series was where it really shone. An actual plot started to form a ways into it and continued through half of the second season. But I know where you're coming from, the beginning was difficult.

Back to the other guy, it was confirmed somewhere a while back that it would be a continuation of EMH which seems odd because Falcon never really seemed to get involved with the team much beyond his little manipulation story arc. Seems weird he would just join up. But then some time later, there was news that AA was going to be part of the USM shared universe which means mega retcon to make that happen. Also, the versions of Iron Man, Cap, and especially Hulk are not fit for a show meant to BUILD interest in Avengers 2. I desperately hope that this is just a rumor.

Personally, I think AA being its own continuity would be the best way to go. Lay EMH to rest and take on a new story with different interpretations of the characters.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #35
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post

Personally, I think AA being its own continuity would be the best way to go. Lay EMH to rest and take on a new story with different interpretations of the characters.
I agree with you about AA and EMHS let them be separate and judged under there own merits. I wish Jeph Loab and MOA didn't touch EMHS, didn't order the season to be episodic and let it end with how it started it's stuff while concentrating on future shows.

As much as I prefer EMHS than young justice, in a story and technical standpoint I will give it to Young Justice. I love black ops, conspiracies which YG provides and I know AA can do the same thing in a special story since I am guessing shield is going to be heavily involved.

After all Black Widow, Haweye and Captain America fit in that type of story (and thanks to Captain America the Winter Soldier movie) the Winter Soldier can guest star in the show, that would be awesome.

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote