The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #326
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

A common trend I'm seeing in the Kryptonian designs is a kind of telescoping effect, for lack of a better word. The S shield shown at the end of the trailer has the designs in the S telescoping as the camera pulls back. The designs on the gauntlets and around the waist and legs of Superman's suit have that layered look. Both Zod's and Faora's armors look like they might have a facemask retracted into their chest pieces. Hell, even the fabric of Jor El's robe has the look. I really think those are all hints as to what to expect.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #327
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Interesting, I could see that playing a part.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #328
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Me too.

Also: someone (possibly in another thread) pointed out that in that shot where Superman and Martha are hugging, Martha is holding a pair of glasses in her hand. It's true.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #329
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Me too.

Also: someone (possibly in another thread) pointed out that in that shot where Superman and Martha are hugging, Martha is holding a pair of glasses in her hand. It's true.
And people assume them to be Clark's glasses? What is so hard to believe that as Martha gets older that she may actually need glasses herself?

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #330
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

That's the twist! In Snyder's movie, Clark will wear Ma's old cat eye specks.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #331
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

As long as they are Foster Grants.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #332
SuperWig
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTheTurtle View Post
A common trend I'm seeing in the Kryptonian designs is a kind of telescoping effect, for lack of a better word. The S shield shown at the end of the trailer has the designs in the S telescoping as the camera pulls back. The designs on the gauntlets and around the waist and legs of Superman's suit have that layered look. Both Zod's and Faora's armors look like they might have a facemask retracted into their chest pieces. Hell, even the fabric of Jor El's robe has the look. I really think those are all hints as to what to expect.
I'm having a hard time understanding this concept..What is meant by telescoping?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #333
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
And people assume them to be Clark's glasses? What is so hard to believe that as Martha gets older that she may actually need glasses herself?
I never said they were Clark's glasses, did I?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #334
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWig View Post
I'm having a hard time understanding this concept..What is meant by telescoping?
Itís the slotting or nesting of a bigger thing into a smaller space. E.g., a long, old-fashioned spyglass (telescope) can be shortened; a broad fan can be narrowed.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #335
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Itís the slotting or nesting of a bigger thing into a smaller space. E.g., a long, old-fashioned spyglass (telescope) can be shortened; a broad fan can be narrowed.
Yeah. Kind of like the Burton Batmobile's armor, I guess. I thought the suitcase suit in Iron Man 2 might be kind of similar to what I'm thinking, but after rewatching the sequence on YouTube, it's really not.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #336
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Yeah they could just be Ma Kent's glasses

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #337
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Crossdressing.. best disguise

Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #338
moviefreak
Side-Kick

It's possible that Zod, Faora, Jor-El and others' armors behave dynamically with several moving parts, including presumably a retractable helmet. I'm reminded of the scene in Prometheus when the Engineer suited up in his "space jockey" chair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=StBMEpWreGk

Perhaps, Zod & co armors have similar concept.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #339
fanboiii
disciple of truth

The piping and the 'belt buckle' could be attachment points that hold the extra armor plates in place.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #340
SuperWig
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
The piping and the 'belt buckle' could be attachment points that hold the extra armor plates in place.
Yep! totally agree, I said that earlier too but no one responded. If you look at Faora's suit in the stand up model, all the armor plates are in place with the piping of the suit. Almost like magnets

Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #341
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWig View Post
Yep! totally agree, I said that earlier too but no one responded. If you look at Faora's suit in the stand up model, all the armor plates are in place with the piping of the suit. Almost like magnets
Sorry I missed your original comment, but it's cool we're on the same page! Maybe there's a charge or something running through it.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #342
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

I'm sure the possibility is slim, but deep down I hope MoS 2 pulls an ASM 2.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #343
fanboiii
disciple of truth

You mean you hope for a reboot?

Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #344
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
You mean you hope for a reboot?
No, I think what he means is on how the sequel to "The Amazing Spider-Man" had changed their costume back into something that looks like the original suit that everyone is familiar with as opposed to further updating the new look that they had in Marc Webb's first film.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #345
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Haha, I was being sarcastic because a reboot is the only way that would happen.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #346
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Amazing Spider-Man 2 isn't a reboot though.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #347
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Oh c'mon fanboiii, that's not fair. It would totally work, Jor-El can be all like "Kal-El I have modified your suit for you", and Clark will be all like "You just painted the crotch red", then Jor-El will say "Silly Kal-El, Earth has inhibited your ability to see innovation when it is in plain sight"...

Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #348
titansupes
Side-Kick

I want the classic suit back, too. I really miss it. But I think it would be a mistake to do it in this iteration, in spite of what ASM2 is doing. They've gone to all this effort to remove the trunks (and apparently the suit has function in the story, plus matching the other Kryptonian uniforms) it would look strange (and the audience would laugh at the deliberate re-inclusion of the trunks... If you have the classic suit, just have it and don't talk about. Drawing attention to it would be a bad move). Plus, SUperman is not the type of character to redesign his main suit over the course of a series ala Batman. Neither is Spider-Man in my opinion, but it's less of a big deal for him (might just be because I'm not a big fan of that character, but still).

Plus it helps that I really like the MoS suit. If it were the New 52 suit we were talking about, I'd disregard everything I just said and yell "Bring the classic suit back! Look at ASM2!"

Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #349
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Oh c'mon fanboiii, that's not fair. It would totally work, Jor-El can be all like "Kal-El I have modified your suit for you", and Clark will be all like "You just painted the crotch red", then Jor-El will say "Silly Kal-El, Earth has inhibited your ability to see innovation when it is in plain sight"...
"Your crotch, red as Krypton's star, will be a symbol that the seeds of Krypton will bear fruit again."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Amazing Spider-Man 2 isn't a reboot though.
Spider-man never had red briefs though

Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #350
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

If they ever introduce the trunks design into the MOS suit, I hope they don't try for literal briefs. I actually liked that one manip by... Crap I forgot his name , he basically painted the 'nether regions' red and it actually looked pretty good.

Closed Thread