The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #76
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Easy solution. Someone post a clip of Routh and Bosworth and we'll compare them to Cavill and Adams.

I think it's unnecessary, because I don't think Routh and Bosworth had an ounce of chemistry at any point, but hey. It'll give us something to do.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #77
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess this is one of those cases where there's no right or wrong, but rather how people interpret it.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #78
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I think it's unnecessary, because I don't think Routh and Bosworth had an ounce of chemistry at any point, but hey. It'll give us something to do.
They didn't, at all. Part of it was poor writing. Bosworth's Lois was written in such a way that she was a huge jerk to everyone throughout the film - to Supes, to her fiancee, everyone. Lois was very unlikable in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I like Returns better than most people on SHH do, but its Lois in that film that really drags it down for me.

Here in the trailer we have a few seconds where Cavill and Adams show real chemistry in their looks towards one another and mannerisms. Of course we aren't making a judgment about how that will pan out in the full film. We can't. But in those few seconds I think they do have more chemistry than anything we saw between Lois and Supes in Returns. Its a fair judgment to make.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #79
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I guess this is one of those cases where there's no right or wrong, but rather how people interpret it.
I think we can all agree with that. Cept for BH/HHH. Total ****-stirrer.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
KIDDING!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #80
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
You can see chemistry based on seconds of footage with no dialogue? Stop.
Yes I can, it's all there in a look. I don't remember a single moment where I felt Routh and Bosworth had chemistry

Quote:
I think we can all agree with that. Cept for BH/HHH. Total ****-stirrer.

KIDDING!
eat my shorts

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #81
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Now FilmNerdJamie and BH/HHH... those two have some real chemistry.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #82
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Now FilmNerdJamie and BH/HHH... those two have some real chemistry.
I always fly to his house and watch him with my see through vision

Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #83
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
eat my shorts

Old 02-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #84
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Old 02-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #85
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

The facial expressions from the other characters sell it.

Now you've got me thinking about the last decade of crap also known as The Simpsons.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #86
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I feel the love in this mutha...

Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #87
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

...watch yo mouth!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #88
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

There you go...

Old 02-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #89
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
There you go...

Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #90
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Redoing the origin from Krypton to his becoming Earth's protector (Zod as the key physical villain, Pa Kent dies scaring young Clark, he feels odd/different for his powers and not being able to tell anyone, he moves to Metropolis where he meets/falls for Lois, etc.) with a big name cast and an unknown in the lead. Totally different from Donner and "that hack" Singer.

Not knocking that. Its fine. But you guys need to put down the Kool-Aid. This ain't a reinvention of the wheel.
There are plenty of things we know of in MOS that we've never seen in a Superman film before:

- Robot army
- Big spaceships in the sky (including the Phantom Zone being replaced by a spaceship called the 'Black Zone')
- Tornado
- Clark with a beard
- Clark having a human life in an alaskan fishing village
- Jor-el and Zod fight scene
- Suit without trunks
- The military fighting against Superman
- Black Perry White
- Young Clark first being told he is an alien
- Dr Hamilton
- The FOS as a spaceship rather than an ice castle that rises from a crystal
- ... and i'd say it's a pretty safe bet that JK doesn't die of just a natural random heart attack. It's bound to go down in a much bigger way.

No one is saying there are going to be absolutely no similarities whatsoever. But there are certainly a number of very different elements in play in this film than any previous film representation... and those are the things that make this a lot more exciting than SR for me.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #91
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

The SImpsons really doesn't enough credit for it's impact. So many people from my generation are heavily influenced by it. People have forgotten that because of the show's decline.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #92
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I love the Simpsons, even when it's not funny I still enjoy the heck out if it. I thi k now and then they still do some top episodes.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #93
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yes I can, it's all there in a look. I don't remember a single moment where I felt Routh and Bosworth had chemistry.
The dynamic in SR was quite a bit different from a new romance context - with Bosworth having to play hurt and abandoned for ¾ of the film. It would be fairer if you compared the “chemistry” of the MOS trailer with STM.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #94
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm just going to actually wait until I see MOS to compare the actual film to another film, SR.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #95
fanboiii
disciple of truth

That might not be possible because you might forget all about SR after watching MOS :P

Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #96
Jim-El
"My Son"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
They didn't, at all. Part of it was poor writing. Bosworth's Lois was written in such a way that she was a huge jerk to everyone throughout the film - to Supes, to her fiancee, everyone. Lois was very unlikable in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I like Returns better than most people on SHH do, but its Lois in that film that really drags it down for me.

Here in the trailer we have a few seconds where Cavill and Adams show real chemistry in their looks towards one another and mannerisms. Of course we aren't making a judgment about how that will pan out in the full film. We can't. But in those few seconds I think they do have more chemistry than anything we saw between Lois and Supes in Returns. Its a fair judgment to make.
Excellent post. I concur 1000000000000000000%

Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #97
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I'm just going to actually wait until I see MOS to compare the actual film to another film, SR.
How dare you educate yourself before making a decision?!

Old 02-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #98
STARMAN
Side-Kick

If Amy Adams is worst than Bosworth then we're in big trouble.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #99
fanboiii
disciple of truth

She already has an edge by not being Bosworth.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #100
The Batman
The Dark Knight

The last few pages remind me that showtime and jamie are the most logical guys on this board.

In part cause they're the only two guys who dont bring up STM/SR every waking moment just to bash it.

Closed Thread