Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Tried to find a list but no luck. As far as I can recall we have

- Blackest Night Batman
- Red Son Pack
- CW's Arrow
- Arkham City
- Zombie
And are there at least pics of most of these?

Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #977
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 3

there some others have put up in posts ahead of this page. someone can put some together for you, I guess but you can back track to find them.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #978
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
And are there at least pics of most of these?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #979
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Disappointed that there's not anymore prizes. Maybe they'll change it up for the finals?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #980
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

"NOMMHUNTER" - from the crossword

I have a feeling that Martian Manhunter and Power Girl, 2 popular characters, are being left out intentionally for DLC sales.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #981
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Come on AquaFans we want to see him win this.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #982
JLU51306
GL news-hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
The crossword is frustrating b/c there is so much there it might be a useless game from Boon:

Anyway, someone on this page (link) totally picked apart much of the crossword.

The found words that reference unrevealed characters are: MXYZPTLK, OMAC, Robin, Wings, Ion, Raven, Tornado, Zod, Mera ...everything from Raven on was pretty tenuous though (the letters were suspiciously close but not in order; you can see in the link above)
That was totally me! lol Rick and Tyler are also in the Word-search, which could mean Hourman, but the names are pretty far apart from each other in the Word-search.
All of the words listed in green I'd consider unlikely, but I didn't want exclude anything either on the possibility I could be wrong.

Also, NOMMHUNTER depresses me. But at least he'll get special attention paid to how he plays if he's DLC (which is highly likely from what I've seen of fan's requesting him).

Old 02-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #983
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

would be awesome to have a live action film/tv DLC pack:

Flash

Batman

Superman

Wonder Woman

Old 02-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #984
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Hey Guys!
Im making this thread to show InjusticeGame on twitter who is the most requested female. Even though the Roster was already made probably about 4/5 months ago maybe even more this might be a bit of fun im only doing the main ones though that ive seen requested, sorry if i dont include your character though . There is multiple choice but please make a limit of 2/3 characters. I made this thread on TestYourMight, Mortalkombatonline and gamefaqs as well .
Here are the options/choices:

Zatanna
Black Canary
Hawkgirl
Raven
Starfire
Huntress
Poison Ivy
Power Girl
Supergirl
Batgirl
Cheetah
Circe
Killer Frost
Cheshire
Other

Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #985
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
I have a feeling that Martian Manhunter and Power Girl, 2 popular characters, are being left out intentionally for DLC sales.
I think it would be unwise to put DLC on characters that have a close to non-existing fanbase when it comes to worldwide market, i mean this isn't just a game thats coming to America, but worldwide, so it would be much smarter to make DLC about Batman characters and Superman, anything movie related also like Ras' al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, Zod, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and so forward.

I'm not opposed to the idea of DLC containing comic book characters, but i just hope they get to the final roster because thats where we'll likely find them, i mean how many people would pay for DLC with characters like Dr. Fate, Atom, Atom Smasher and so on?

Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #986
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrmusicman14 View Post
Hey Guys!
Im making this thread to show InjusticeGame on twitter who is the most requested female. Even though the Roster was already made probably about 4/5 months ago maybe even more this might be a bit of fun im only doing the main ones though that ive seen requested, sorry if i dont include your character though . There is multiple choice but please make a limit of 2/3 characters. I made this thread on TestYourMight, Mortalkombatonline and gamefaqs as well .
Here are the options/choices:

Zatanna
Black Canary
Hawkgirl
Raven
Starfire
Huntress
Poison Ivy
Power Girl
Supergirl
Batgirl
Cheetah
Circe
Killer Frost
Cheshire
Other
Hawkgirl, Raven, Power Girl

Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #987
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Today's Injustice comic review:

Disappointing.

Today's comic focused on Superman grieving in the Fortress of Solitude and then zipping out in a rage and apprehending some foreign dictator. He then calls a press conference where he tells the world: he was Clark Kent, he's now staying Superman, he no longer cares about international borders but rather his focus is now on protecting all innocents, and he's going to be the world's most powerful unregulated policeman. That's it for this issue.

This story is a disappointing let-down. I feel all this could have been done as background discussion and news stories with just some minor tweaks to last week's story. I appreciated last week's slowing of the pace of the story to do some story and character development but two weeks in a row of a crawling pace, after raising expectations with such an intense beginning, is disappointing and boring. I want to know what happened in the cell between Batman and Superman; they are the main protagonist in the game and this point and time in the cell is clearly the beginning point of any cracks in the foundation of their relationship...I want to see if Superman just flies away w/out a word or there is some confrontation or what. I want to know the status of Joker, what they do w/ him and what they find. I want to know if the police even attempt to arrest Superman for murder and massive property damage or, if he's achieved such a God-like status and it's such an extreme time that nobody does anything and just lets him undermine our justice system. When they slowed the pace last week and forced us to take a breath I thought they were just doing it to build suspense around the drama in the cell but I was fine with it because they delivered a well written character-driven story. This week showed us they intend to skip any info about what happened in the cell (at least for a while) and move on. That was disappointing enough but, that they did it w/ a filler comic, that only covered issues that could have been addressed in one or two panels, it seems amateurish.

Edit: Another point, Superman didn't even try to turn himself in which I thought was very out of character. I understand this whole game is out of character for Superman but I would have thought he would still have required a little more transition to get to the dictator part. I imagined Superman turning himself in for Joker's murder and however many other crimes he committed smashing through a prison, Superman telling his side, and the DA letting him go partly on an extraordinary case temporary insanity theory and partly b/c he's a bit overwhelmed by public pressures created from Superman's legacy and doesn't really know what to do with such a God-like person that he can empathize with. Then Superman is a little more accepted by the common man, and he actually has some followers who will later sign up to be in his regime, and it gives some time for reflection by Superman about why he is still free b/f he comes to the conclusion that he needs to be the world's supercop.

Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 02-19-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #988
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

voted for Aquaman and GL! looks like GL has another brick wall type move like in mk vs dc (just based on the week 3 battle preview trailer)

Old 02-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #989
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Today's Injustice comic review:

Disappointing.

Today's comic focused on Superman grieving in the Fortress of Solitude and then zipping out in a rage and apprehending some foreign dictator. He then calls a press conference where he tells the world: he was Clark Kent, he's now staying Superman, he no longer cares about international borders but rather his focus is now on protecting all innocents, and he's going to be the world's most powerful unregulated policeman. That's it for this issue.

This story is a disappointing let-down. I feel all this could have been done as background discussion and news stories with just some minor tweaks to last week's story. I appreciated last week's slowing of the pace of the story to do some story and character development but two weeks in a row of a crawling pace, after raising expectations with such an intense beginning, is disappointing and boring. I want to know what happened in the cell between Batman and Superman; they are the main protagonist in the game and this point and time in the cell is clearly the beginning point of any cracks in the foundation of their relationship...I want to see if Superman just flies away w/out a word or there is some confrontation or what. I want to know the status of Joker, what they do w/ him and what they find. I want to know if the police even attempt to arrest Superman for murder and massive property damage or, if he's achieved such a God-like status and it's such an extreme time that nobody does anything and just lets him undermine our justice system. When they slowed the pace last week and forced us to take a breath I thought they were just doing it to build suspense around the drama in the cell but I was fine with it because they delivered a well written character-driven story. This week showed us they intend to skip any info about what happened in the cell (at least for a while) and move on. That was disappointing enough but, that they did it w/ a filler comic, that only covered issues that could have been addressed in one or two panels, it seems amateurish.

Edit: Another point, Superman didn't even try to turn himself in which I thought was very out of character. I understand this whole game is out of character for Superman but I would have thought he would still have required a little more transition to get to the dictator part. I imagined Superman turning himself in for Joker's murder and however many other crimes he committed smashing through a prison, Superman telling his side, and the DA letting him go partly on an extraordinary case temporary insanity theory and partly b/c he's a bit overwhelmed by public pressures created from Superman's legacy and doesn't really know what to do with such a God-like person that he can empathize with. Then Superman is a little more accepted by the common man, and he actually has some followers who will later sign up to be in his regime, and it gives some time for reflection by Superman about why he is still free b/f he comes to the conclusion that he needs to be the world's supercop.

yeah.........still not feeling dictator Supes..........

maybe there will be some "twist" at the end of all this that will make me like the whole story more.

but, as of now, with Supes as the "bad guy," and no Supergirl ( and not even Power Girl now, it seems ), I must admit my interest in the game is starting to wane a bit.............

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #990
Nathan

Just don't play the story, stick to Arcade and pretend Superman is good.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #991
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I kind of like story mode on fighters though when they make an effort with it.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #992
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
yeah.........still not feeling dictator Supes..........

maybe there will be some "twist" at the end of all this that will make me like the whole story more.

but, as of now, with Supes as the "bad guy," and no Supergirl ( and not even Power Girl now, it seems ), I must admit my interest in the game is starting to wane a bit.............
Yea, I'm feeling the same way. Superman is getting dragged through the mud in the story and Superman family is getting no love. I really wanted Power Girl w/ a Supergirl alt costume. I still have some hope for DLC but I'm bummed.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #993
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

^ yeah, they could have easily merged the 2 characters and made the NRS Power Girl a grown up version of Supergirl ( just like Nightwing is a grown up version Robin ).

heck, maybe even tie that into the storyline, why Kara changes her name to Power Girl ( she rejects the approach her cousin is taking as dictator, so renounces the S shield and name and joins Team Batman ).

sadly, the new 52 hasn't been too kind to Kara, either. I've kind of lost interest because she's always angry and ready to punch things..........

it is kind of strange regarding Power Girl, though. I thought Boon was a fan, and he did post that poll where she won against Supergirl and Batgirl. I figured she'd at least be in as DLC........

oh, and they still haven't revealed how all these characters can fight each other on a level field. that makes me think that there are some other "forces" at work behind the scenes.

so maybe there's a reason why Superman is acting so out of character..........

never mind the fact that Joker is still alive in the game..............

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 02-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #994
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yea, I'm feeling the same way. Superman is getting dragged through the mud in the story and Superman family is getting no love. I really wanted Power Girl w/ a Supergirl alt costume. I still have some hope for DLC but I'm bummed.

Think of it from a gameplay point of view - what does adding Supergirl/Powergirl do for the game? How is her gameplay/moveset significantly different from Superman's?

As it stands, the game developers are spoiled for choice and whoever they pick, they are going to be leaving loads and loads of characters - even fan favourites - out; many of whom have unique powers and gameplay possibilities. Therefore, it wouldn't make much sense to pick a character who very closely resembles another's who is already in the game.

At the end of the day, they are making a game first and foremost. As such, the characters they pick need to best serve the game.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #995
Nathan

Old 02-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #996
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
Think of it from a gameplay point of view - what does adding Supergirl/Powergirl do for the game? How is her gameplay/moveset significantly different from Superman's?

As it stands, the game developers are spoiled for choice and whoever they pick, they are going to be leaving loads and loads of characters - even fan favourites - out; many of whom have unique powers and gameplay possibilities. Therefore, it wouldn't make much sense to pick a character who very closely resembles another's who is already in the game.

At the end of the day, they are making a game first and foremost. As such, the characters they pick need to best serve the game.
well, if Black Adam is indeed playable, then that argument would be kind of moot, since isn't BA basically the same as Shazam?

same if Sinestro is in compared to Green Lantern.

in MvC 3, Hulk and She-Hulk, Wolverine and X-23, are male/female pairs with similar powersets. yet they were made to play completely differently.

true, there would be some overlap between Superman and Supergirl/Power Girl. but, there are ways to make them different.

for example, Superman in this game is described as having a slow "walking speed" but packs a heavy punch.

well, for Supergirl or PG, make her move much faster for less damage. make her attacks involve kicks more vs Superman's punches. make her heat vision and breath attacks attack from different angles compared to Superman. give her different rush or dash attacks. etc.

as a Super or Power Girl player, you would overwhelm your opponent with speed vs the brute force of Superman.

you could make them different.

heck, even give her new powers, if you want. In the new 52, Kara has some kind of "solar flare" burst attack that Superman doesn't have. Or, draw inspiration from the Matrix Supergirl and give her some TK powers ( like Matrix Supergirl ) or tactile TK like Superboy.

and Boon DID tease Power Girl with that poll..........that was pretty obvious, at least as a DLC character.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 02-19-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #997
Nathan

Quote:
Yes, I am an Anti-Aquaman Bigot
by Owen Good

It is axiomatic that any statement prefaced with "I don't have a prejudiced bone in my body," is said by someone with a completely prejudiced skeleton, plus teeth. So I won't hide from it. I'm prejudiced as **** against Aquaman. I can't even say some of my best friends are Atlantean. Because I don't have any.

Last week's trailer for Injustice: Gods Among Us trotted out the usual affirmative action for Aquaman—no, really! He's powerful!—and my first thought was "Nereid, please." DC has been wallowing in primary-color guilt over Aquaman for generations now. Every mainstream presentation of him takes great pains to show him as mighty, volatile, arrogant, bearing the uneasy-lies-the-head conflict of being the monarch of the sea. Shut the **** up. This is a guy who breathes water and talks to squid. He's one of the few fighting game characters who should be lockable. As in, win five matches and never see him again.

I bought some ****** comics when I was a kid. I have all the No. 1s of Marvel's New Universe—Kickers, Inc. included. I've got a full run of Speedball. I have a lot of Walt Simonson X-Factor before finally giving up and discovering girls. But I never, not once, bought a copy of Aquaman or anything with him in it and I never will. Like all great prejudices, mine is borne of abject ignorance and based on stereotype and caricature. Even better, it was indoctrinated by a textbook.

Quote:
"Water Breathing—This is a wimp power. Face it. When the great super hero parties happen and Ulterior Motive Man asks you what you do and you say 'I breathe water,' you end up wearing a full fishbowl." —Marvel Super Heroes Advanced Set (TSR, 1986)
I remember reading that when I was 13. It stripped away the kindly notions of full equality that Super Friends sought to portray and presented me with the reality of a world in which things like bench-pressing a skyscraper or running at the speed of sound had actual crimefighting merit, and communicating with a Chilean sea bass did not.

Let's face it. Comic books are representative of those who create them. Most mortals wish they can repel bullets, burst into flame unharmed, or project devastating lazer beams from their eyeballs. They don't wish to be able to swim at 100 miles per hour, because that's not fighting crime, that's exercising, really really hard.

Aquaman rates my scorn because he is one of the few DC Universe characters—let alone one of its oldest, ostensibly primary heroes—who is derivative of a Marvel character: The Sub-Mariner. This further legitimizes the idea that Aquaman is not so much the king of the sea but the family embarrassment of DC's royalty. Namor debuted in 1939. Aquaman's first appearance came in 1941. Both are human-Atlantean hybrids. Both have a royal claim to their undersea realms. Only one, to my knowledge, talks to fish.

Aquaman posing as a badass, fooling nobody.

But when Bill Everett created Namor, he got it right the first time: That guy was a haughty, brooding badass from the get-go. His inferiority complex reflected the knowledge that 70 percent of the Earth's surface is water but 100 percent of anything important happens on land. Sub-Mariner was one of the first antiheroes, if not an outright villain, to have a dedicated comic book appearance. When World War II delivered Hitler as the ultimate comic book baddie, Namor allied with the surface dwellers.

Moreover, Everett had the foresight to give Namor the power of flight, realizing that underwater made for a very, very limiting theater of combat. Namor also was imbued with super-strength that was as usable underwater as on land and in air. Namor was made greater, more threatening by his above-water incursions, where Aquaman is, narratively, limited by them.

DC has tried so hard to make Aquaman into a tough guy it's almost a trope. Look, he's stabbing Darkseid in the face. Oh here, now he's got a barbecue fork for a hand. Now he's got Thor's hair. Yet no matter how much they give him a scaly, armored exterior, this is still a guy wearing a green-and-orange costume—for 70 years. I am colorblind and I can tell you that is jacked up.

None of this addresses his depiction in Super Friends, in which he rode around on a jetski, or had to hitch a ride in Wonder Woman's invisible jet plane, and was even less important to the story than the Osmond Twins from Outer Space and their idiot blue monkey. Super Friends, let's be blunt, was notorious for hamfisted inclusions of ethnic minorities, Asian to Latino to Native American. But they all got better treatment than Aquaman. That show debuted in 1973. I was born in 1973, which means I have never known a world in which Aquaman was not a Sea-Doo riding eunuch.

See, I don't have a prejudiced bone in my body. It's just how I was raised.
Source

Old 02-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #998
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
well, if Black Adam is indeed playable, then that argument would be kind of moot, since isn't BA basically the same as Shazam?

same if Sinestro is in compared to Green Lantern.

in MvC 3, Hulk and She-Hulk, Wolverine and X-23, are male/female pairs with similar powersets. yet they were made to play completely differently.

true, there would be some overlap between Superman and Supergirl/Power Girl. but, there are ways to make them different.

for example, Superman in this game is described as having a slow "walking speed" but packs a heavy punch.

well, for Supergirl or PG, make her move much faster for less damage. make her attacks involve kicks more vs Superman's punches. make her heat vision and breath attacks attack from different angles compared to Superman. give her different rush or dash attacks. etc.

as a Super or Power Girl player, you would overwhelm your opponent with speed vs the brute force of Superman.

you could make them different.

heck, even give her new powers, if you want. In the new 52, Kara has some kind of "solar flare" burst attack that Superman doesn't have. Or, draw inspiration from the Matrix Supergirl and give her some TK powers ( like Matrix Supergirl ) or tactile TK like Superboy.

and Boon DID tease Power Girl with that poll..........that was pretty obvious, at least as a DLC character.......
You're not wrong and I never specifically said that Supergirl/Powergirl could never make the cut. Rather, I simply pointed out that between a character that plays similarly to another versus one that plays radically differently (in a balance-able but interesting way, obviously), the latter should be the preferred choice for the sake of gameplay and game mechanics.

Also, with MvC3, one must bear in mind the number of characters in the game. In MvC3, there were 36 (+2) characters (with a further 12 more in the updated version); for a total of 50 playable characters (48 if you exclude DLC characters). While there isn't an official number of playable characters in Injustice as far as I'm aware, the character selection screen layout as shown in this picture suggests the figure will be somewhere around 24. That's half the number of characters in UMvC3 (2/3 compared to MvC3 vanilla)!

The implication of that is simple: From a gameplay perspective, MvC3's characters do not need to be as unique from one another as Injustice and that the former could get away with smaller differences between characters simply because there are more of them to fill out the various niches. Meaning, while it may be fine for there to only be a small distinction between Hulk and She-Hulk or X-23 and Wolverine in MvC3, the same principle may not necessarily hold true for Injustice's characters and character design.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #999
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

^^ Well ignorance is bliss. That guy should seriously read Aquaman new 52.

Anyways...Check out these pics.

Last edited by theOVOXO; 02-19-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #1000
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

^^ WW doesn't look that bad up in that pic!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Closed Thread