The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #26
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Default Re: JH Bought Avengers/Thought Good - February 6, 2013

I loved the ending of New Avengers with Cap, my face was like . Plus I loved Beast being part of it, quickly becoming one of my favorite X-Men over Kitty. Avengers was cool with the cosmic stuff and Smasher, Shi'ar stuff makes me smile.

All New X-Men is my favorite comic right now. I make sure I read it last every week it comes out. Just awesome.

I thought about starting Avengers Assemble, but I want to try out some DC stuff too so I might not get to it.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #27
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I loved New Avengers #3's ending simply because it showed me that Hickman understands Cap. Cap just wouldn't be part of a "by any means necessary" sort of organization, which is clearly what the Black Panther and Reed want to turn this iteration into. Without Cap's morals holding them back, I'm looking forward to what this Illuminati turns into.

And Avengers Assemble Annual was definitely a great Vision story. It's kind of a variant on the theme of most Vision stories--Vision questioning some aspect of his humanity--but still, it was executed well and did a good job of showing readers the sort of person the Vision is. Now, if only he were actually on any of the half-billion Avengers rosters right now...

Old 02-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #28
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Dammit, am I gonna have to buy that issue now...?

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #29
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Yeah, it's worth the buy

And as far as New Avengers goes.... my big wonder is how Hickman's going to portray Beast. He's been jumping all over Cyclops for years over how he's acted and the things he's done. If Beast goes along with the Illuminati in this then he'd be a big hypocrite.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #30
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, his statement about how, "You're asking what I wouldn't do to save mutantkind?" or whatever took me by surprise. He definitely drew lines in the sand that he'd refuse to cross before; not sure what changed. I guess he justifies the hypocrisy by saying the Illuminati is about saving the whole multiverse, whereas X-Force was just about killing Scott's enemies. Plus, they haven't actually done anything yet. Being prepared to do unsavory things isn't the same as actively doing them, and they could always find another way before it comes to anything too bad.