Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #751
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvor03 View Post
Black Manta isn't Atlantean though. He's human.

I agree with you about making Aquaman more powerful. Giving him the power of hydrokinesis like Aqualad would make complete sense.
Oh I didn't know he was human. That makes no sense then. Why the heck is he f***ing with a man that lives in the ocean then? I always thought Black Manta was some sort aquatic based villain if not an evil Atlantean.

So if Black Manta is human, what does that make Kaldur? Is he mixed race? To my knowledge it seemed that Atlanteans on YJ evolved from sea animals. Kaldur has gills and seemed more eel based, while Lagoon Boy evolved from a blow fish, though Aquaman I'm not necessarily sure.

Yeah, if Aquaman had hydrokinesis that would be awesome. I also want him to have gills on his neck, chest or behind his ears, webbed hands and feat and natural fins. Most of these things he already has, but if they made it more apparent it would help his character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I suspect some mediums depower Aquaman like they do Superman just to tone up the urgency so he's not just beating the **** out of everyone with tidal waves or manipulating the water in their brains for an easy win.
Well, they could always limit his power over water to be a specific amount/percentage of water that is needed to be manipulated. That way he can't "blood bend" or anything. However, if he could "blood bend" because of moral reasons he chooses not to, just like how other heroes choose not to abuse their powers.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #752
Charlie Boy
Modern Messiah

As a young boy Black Manta was being molested on a boat or something and Aquaman swam past the boat but didn't save him. So Black Manta became evil and swore his revenge on Aquaman.

Ou La La, Très Bien, Magnifique

@DomEsclovon
Old 02-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #753
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Old 02-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #754
spiderbob
All Hail Britannia

Actually, aside from the hyperbole, that's pretty accurate.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Manta_(New_Earth)

"It's as if we're walking through a maze of sorts. There are always so many paths before us. We choose a path, then we proceed. People like you walk your paths, believing that something you desire is waiting for you. I walk it to confirm that there is nothing there." - Rau le Cruset
Old 02-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #755
batnkevlar
Side-Kick

Originally, didnt Black Manta want a black nation under water?

Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #756
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Just watched the episode. From the sound of the first Nightwing scene, I got the impression that the entire Team is out of commission (even though only a portion of them took part in the mission where Blue Beetle turned on them). Especially since we saw none of the others this episode.

From the looks of things, I foresee the remainder of the season will feature the remaining members of the Team to get captured as the conflict with the Reach escalates. In addition, I predict there will be an "original Team members" reunion/team-up for the finale. Aside from nostalgia, there's the consideration that they're really the ones most out of harm's way (at least from the Reach). Aqualad, Artemis and (until recently) Miss Martian have been locked away aboard Black Manta's ship. While Kid Flash has retired. Subsequently, my guess is that Superboy will somehow escape and help lead the Team to the location of the Reach's main base.

P.S.: Anyone know what happened to Sphere? He got blown out of the airlock and nobody seems to have noticed a rather noticeable piece of sentient alien tech orbiting around the War World? Wonder if he/she/it will only make a return just in time for the hypothetical reunion finale I predicted.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #757
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

When every thing goes down this are the fights I would love to see

Nightwing vs Deathsroke

Green Lantern vs Black Beetle

Justice League teaming with the original Young Justice vs The Reach

Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #758
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
When every thing goes down this are the fights I would love to see

Nightwing vs Deathsroke

Green Lantern vs Black Beetle

Justice League teaming with the original Young Justice vs The Reach
Why Nightwing vs. Deathstroke and Green Lantern vs. Black Beetle?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #759
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batnkevlar View Post
Originally, didnt Black Manta want a black nation under water?
Yep. The latest episode referenced that subtly, IMO. The henchmen we saw with his helmet off was also a black dude.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #760
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

It sucks that we haven't been able to have a proper comic yj team up episode.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #761
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

I'm not a DC buff but I never needed a deep explanation for Black Manta's motivation. He's someone who seeks to either plunder the ocean (such as steal stuff from Atlantis) or commit criminal enterprises via the ocean. Since that is 75% of the earth, it brings him into conflict with Aquaman and other heroes. If one wants at evil Atlantian, that was Ocean Master/Orm, who was sort of a blink and miss member of the Light last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
Just watched the episode. From the sound of the first Nightwing scene, I got the impression that the entire Team is out of commission (even though only a portion of them took part in the mission where Blue Beetle turned on them). Especially since we saw none of the others this episode.

From the looks of things, I foresee the remainder of the season will feature the remaining members of the Team to get captured as the conflict with the Reach escalates. In addition, I predict there will be an "original Team members" reunion/team-up for the finale. Aside from nostalgia, there's the consideration that they're really the ones most out of harm's way (at least from the Reach). Aqualad, Artemis and (until recently) Miss Martian have been locked away aboard Black Manta's ship. While Kid Flash has retired. Subsequently, my guess is that Superboy will somehow escape and help lead the Team to the location of the Reach's main base.

P.S.: Anyone know what happened to Sphere? He got blown out of the airlock and nobody seems to have noticed a rather noticeable piece of sentient alien tech orbiting around the War World? Wonder if he/she/it will only make a return just in time for the hypothetical reunion finale I predicted.
It didn't seem as if Nightwing noticed Sphere (which is a "she" as revealed last season) but I doubt we have seen the last of it. It was made to survive in New Genesis/Apokolips so it can probably survive the void of space.

As for your theory, the log line for "THE HUNT", which is this week's episode, mentions that Lex Luthor sends "a team of misfits" to rescue the team. I presume that will be the "runaway" characters Luthor recruited in "THE RUNAWAYS". Arsenal could be involved, which would be ironic since Luthor "invested" in his bionic arm - which contains among other weapons a laser capable of harming Black Beetle. Sphere was originally obtained by the Light in "BEREFT" so "she" may pop up too.

The dilemma for "THE HUNT" is that by mentioning Lex Luthor's team, it gives away the ending - his team succeeds. I mean, "The Light" never fail in this show. The challenge will be in making the episode work around that fundamental fact.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #762
chris moore
Side-Kick

There was such a long break in between episodes that I think I've forgotten some of the "who's working with who".

I know Vandal set the JLA up to attack Rimbor, and that he and Lex are part of the Light with a final plan in play.
But Vandal was the one who coaxed Mongol into attacking Earth, which put the plans of the Reach at risk.
But Lex was working with the Reach (until recently), which suggests allowing them to come to Earth is part of the Light's plan

So is the Reach's appearance completely separate from the plans of the Light? Or are they working together in some shady way? I would think the former, but the Light aren't making huge efforts to get them off Earth.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #763
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
It didn't seem as if Nightwing noticed Sphere (which is a "she" as revealed last season) but I doubt we have seen the last of it. It was made to survive in New Genesis/Apokolips so it can probably survive the void of space.

As for your theory, the log line for "THE HUNT", which is this week's episode, mentions that Lex Luthor sends "a team of misfits" to rescue the team. I presume that will be the "runaway" characters Luthor recruited in "THE RUNAWAYS". Arsenal could be involved, which would be ironic since Luthor "invested" in his bionic arm - which contains among other weapons a laser capable of harming Black Beetle. Sphere was originally obtained by the Light in "BEREFT" so "she" may pop up too.

The dilemma for "THE HUNT" is that by mentioning Lex Luthor's team, it gives away the ending - his team succeeds. I mean, "The Light" never fail in this show. The challenge will be in making the episode work around that fundamental fact.
On the flip side, given the title, it does raise the question of what's being "hunted" in "The Hunt". Meaning, there's a chance the mission won't go quite so smoothly. Plus, it would certainly raise the stakes if the Reach does ultimately trump of the Light.

On a side note, is this the first time that the Light is making a direct move against the Reach? It's certainly a ballsy thing to do - sending their new team to rescue the Young Justice team - considering a number of the Light's leaders (including Luthor) are practically joined at the hip with the Reach's leadership in various partnerships.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 AM   #764
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Why Nightwing vs. Deathstroke and Green Lantern vs. Black Beetle?
Well in the comics and the teen titans cartoon, Nightwing and Deathstroke are enemies and their fight would be awesome.

And the same thing Green Lantern and the reach are arc nemesis as well as john Stewart of the Green Lantern core explained about their centuries war and also a green lantern is more powerful than the young justice team and black beetle is as well and since they are natural enemies it's only fitting for a powerful throw down.

Basically saying "how about you fight someone in your own level come on"

Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #765
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
There was such a long break in between episodes that I think I've forgotten some of the "who's working with who".

I know Vandal set the JLA up to attack Rimbor, and that he and Lex are part of the Light with a final plan in play.
But Vandal was the one who coaxed Mongol into attacking Earth, which put the plans of the Reach at risk.
But Lex was working with the Reach (until recently), which suggests allowing them to come to Earth is part of the Light's plan

So is the Reach's appearance completely separate from the plans of the Light? Or are they working together in some shady way? I would think the former, but the Light aren't making huge efforts to get them off Earth.
The Light we're interested in the Alien technology to evolve mankind on Planet Earth into something more powerful and the next logical step, they needed the Reach for that. Now they have what they needed.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #766
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

I wonder if sphere is located and shows a holographic recording of what occurred with Blue Beetle betraying the team.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #767
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
The Light we're interested in the Alien technology to evolve mankind on Planet Earth into something more powerful and the next logical step, they needed the Reach for that. Now they have what they needed.
Couldn't have put it better myself and I would also like to say earth defeating the reach could put them in a very powerful Intergalactic position.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #768
Drz
Real Hero

Greg Weisman talks about his last Young Justice tie-in comic issue:

Quote:
WF: Before the "Players" arc, there was a few arcs planned such as the The Arrow Family (Green Arrow, Black Canary, Artemis, Red Arrow) story (set after Episode 1x14) was originally planned for Issues #20-21 and a Marvel Family story was planned. Can you talk more about these stories and any other ideas/arcs that were planned?

GW: Well, the Arrow Family arc would have adapted the Earth-16 version of the DC Showcase short film that I wrote, which featured Green Arrow, Black Canary, Merlyn, Count Vertigo, Henchy and Perdita. But it also would have involved Artemis, Red Arrow's life as an unwitting mole and the death of Perdita's father. The Marvel Family story would have introduced Billy's three best school friends: Freddy Freeman, Kit Freeman and Mary Bromfield.

WF: The final issue of Young Justice hits in February, with the last episode of Young Justice’s current season in March. Is there an air of finality around these projects for you? If you never had to opportunity to work with these specific characters again, would you be happy with how you and [Young Justice producer] Brandon Vietti left things?

GW: I'm not writing an epitaph here. But the nature of the business is that you never know if you're going to be picked up for more episodes or issues. So whether it's Captain Atom, Gargoyles, W.I.T.C.H., The Spectacular Spider-Man or Young Justice, I always try to end each season or run at a good place to stop, with what I like to call open-ended closure. So with the Young Justice book and show, Brandon and I tied up enough threads that the audience/reader can feel satisfied, but we've left some questions unanswered, some threads dangling intentionally, so that we have the chance to come back. And I would love to come back to this world, these characters. Believe me.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #770
Gelc22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadPool View Post
Yes. All of this.
I gotta admit I'd be happy if Season Two ends like Season One did if all of the main character arcs/storylines are essentially wrapped up at the end. Outside of what Batman and the rest of the missing members of the JL did during the missing 16 hours, and possibly the fate of original Speedy, was there anything that wasn't tied up?

So as long as Nightwing can salvage this debacle, the heroes kick the Reach off of Earth (ties in with Blue Beetle), and the undercover mission comes to a conclusion, I think I'd be cool with that. And I think they can handle that in four episodes, though we may not really get to see any of the consequences of Nightwing/Kaldur's plan of deception caused with others.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #771
Drz
Real Hero

I think the conclusion to the season is the Justice League and the Light somehow coming within terms, both know what has happened and the only logical question is what happens next between the two organizations.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #772
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelc22 View Post
I gotta admit I'd be happy if Season Two ends like Season One did if all of the main character arcs/storylines are essentially wrapped up at the end. Outside of what Batman and the rest of the missing members of the JL did during the missing 16 hours, and possibly the fate of original Speedy, was there anything that wasn't tied up?

So as long as Nightwing can salvage this debacle, the heroes kick the Reach off of Earth (ties in with Blue Beetle), and the undercover mission comes to a conclusion, I think I'd be cool with that. And I think they can handle that in four episodes, though we may not really get to see any of the consequences of Nightwing/Kaldur's plan of deception caused with others.
Yeah, I think you're right. The hero's had "won" but all wasn't quite right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
I think the conclusion to the season is the Justice League and the Light somehow coming within terms, both know what has happened and the only logical question is what happens next between the two organizations.
Seems logical enough. I wonder if he'll let Jaime get control of the Scarab and become a full-time hero again or take his character in another direction. Maybe even have him sacrifice himself for the good of the Earth.

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
Old 02-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #773
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Clips for "The Hunt"

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #774
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
Clips for "The Hunt"

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Well, well. That answers what's been going on with Arsenal.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/20...ice-dc-nation/

Looks like Miss M and Nightwing have rallied.

It's depressing to think that the whole Team is gonna be featured again but most are probably goning to be without lines.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #775
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

I'm wondering if 'The Hub' is a viable option eventually. They already play B:TAS, S:TAS, Batman Beyond and Transformers: Prime seems to be thriving. That's why I'm a big fan of the, "open-ended, closure". That chance to come back.

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
Closed Thread