Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #826
Jostru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Power Ranger's 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Adam Park {Johnny Yong Bosch} would have made a good Rangers leader?
Not right away, imo. He never seemed to be the leader type until he made guest appearances in PR: In Space and Operation Overdrive. The character has definitely grown. The current Adam would make a great leader, the Adam from MMPR - Turbo, not so much.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #827
Nathan

Power rangers celebrate 20th anniversary in the big apple!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #828
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostru View Post
Not right away, imo. He never seemed to be the leader type until he made guest appearances in PR: In Space and Operation Overdrive. The character has definitely grown. The current Adam would make a great leader, the Adam from MMPR - Turbo, not so much.

I agree.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #829
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

The man who bought back power rangers back for 100 million

The man who started power rangers as non union with terrible working situations

Tells it like it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhstyHwFpS0

Old documentary clip but its funny as hell

BTW? Here are some of the working conditions for the show

http://werewolf.co.nz/2012/10/dealin...tah-hollywood/

Quote:
The contract that is being offered to Kiwis seems to give the Power Rangers producers a staggering amount of power over the actors it employs. The preamble to the contract document for instance, says that the performer has to be available anytime between I October 2012, and 10 May 2013 (by my reckoning, a period of 222 days) but “shall be guaranteed a minimum of 20 (twenty) not necessarily consecutive days” during that production cycle. These “working days” are 12 hours in duration, with a 45 minute lunch break. There’s a week of preparation that the performer is also expected to donate to the production free of charge :

At Producer’s request and subject to Performer’s professional availability, Performer shall appear at such place(s) designated by Producer during the period of one (1) week immediately preceding Performer’s start date(s) hereunder for tests, photo sessions, makeup and wardrobe. Performer agrees that, except as….agreed by the parties in writing, no additional fees shall be payable by Producer in connection therewith or in connection with any and all necessary travel or hold days, and Performer‘s start date(s) shall not be accelerated thereby.
Quote:
Here are a few other examples of punitive clauses in this contract, which looks more like a feudal document of bonded servitude than a 21st century agreement between professionals :

1. Extra Duties, No Pay. Under contract clause 2.2 The performer (actor) will do adverts, sound recordings to sell the Power Rangers merchandise, and/or work for them to make computer games – all without pay, if this work is done during the production period while they are doing the acting job for which they were originally hired. Or as the contract charmingly puts it :
Quote:
3. No Residuals. Under clause 4.5, The producer will own all the proceeds of all Power Rangers DVD sales and computer/video games. So much for the highly touted access to residuals (i.e. a small percentage share of the downstream profits from marketing spin-offs or foreign sales after the initial production costs have been recouped) reportedly offered under The Hobbit contract. No such crumbs from the table here. Normally, actors get paid a daily fee which covers the first four years of the show being screened in their own country, but then when other countries buy the show, they may get a ‘residuals’ payment. Not so with Power Rangers. The “100% world buyout” phrase below means the actors won’t get any residuals when the show is sold anywhere else in the world.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #830
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

The reason why there's no yellow ranger this year in Kyoryuger is because they're not strong

http://r25.yahoo.co.jp/fushigi/wxr_d...5-00028313-r25

Translation
http://henshinjustice.com/2013/02/18...-kyoryuyellow/

Quote:
“This is actually not the first time a team is without a Yellow member, J.A.K.Q, Battle Fever J and Dengeki Sentai Changeman never had a Yellow member. When it was decided that the Kyoryuger’s would be required to defeat a dinosaur in order to be able to transform, we wanted the characters to be absurdly strong. In order to show this, we chose to have more male characters over female characters. Seeing how modern Yellows have been female, we couldn’t have a male Yellow. If the Yellow was a male, the kids would probably think is feminine and we wanted to avoid that.”
Wha? The good news is that this is this years chief producer's opinion. Next year someone might think differently

Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #831
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Lol um ok. What decade are we in again?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #832
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It's Japan, a very misogynistic culture. What can you do?

- CM Punk
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #833
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
The reason why there's no yellow ranger this year in Kyoryuger is because they're not strong

http://r25.yahoo.co.jp/fushigi/wxr_d...5-00028313-r25

Translation
http://henshinjustice.com/2013/02/18...-kyoryuyellow/

Wha? The good news is that this is this years chief producer's opinion. Next year someone might think differently
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. They've had plenty of male yellow rangers in the past. There are about as much male yellow (if not more) rangers as there are female in the sentai. The sentai version of MMPR, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm and Mystic Force all had male yellow rangers. But suddenly yellow is feminine? What?

Not that it's a big deal, but their explanation is just too ridiculous for words.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #834
Czar Colossus
Side-Kick

Hell Yeah......Hurricane Yellow was AWESOME!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #835
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

My guess is that the Megaforce series will climax with the Zangyack invasion and the Ranger War and that will transition to the Pirate Rangers.

- CM Punk
Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 AM   #836
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
My guess is that the Megaforce series will climax with the Zangyack invasion and the Ranger War and that will transition to the Pirate Rangers.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. I do wonder I they'll keep the same cast for the Gokaiger adaption. I mean, 20 episodes isn't a lot, so to change an entire cast would be kinda weird... Same goes for the outfits. Will they actually use the Gokaiger suits or stay in the Goseiger suits and just use story elements from Gokaiger, like the Silver Ranger?

If they do change up everything, what happens to RoboKnight, who has yet to be introduced? Will they cut him out or make HIM the Silver Ranger for next season?

I really can't wait to see what they're up to. Putting 2 Sentai seasons in 1 PR-adaption of about 40 episodes isn't going to be easy. MMPR used 3 Sentai seasons and ended up with over 150 episodes...

Old 02-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #837
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Erin Cahill who played the pink time force ranger has been spotted with singer Seal

http://perezhilton.com/2013-02-28-se...orce/#comments

That's some good publicity!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #838
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Erin Cahill who played the pink time force ranger has been spotted with singer Seal

http://perezhilton.com/2013-02-28-se...orce/#comments

That's some good publicity!
I wish she got spotted with me some time, but oh well...

Old 03-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #839
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. I do wonder I they'll keep the same cast for the Gokaiger adaption. I mean, 20 episodes isn't a lot, so to change an entire cast would be kinda weird... Same goes for the outfits. Will they actually use the Gokaiger suits or stay in the Goseiger suits and just use story elements from Gokaiger, like the Silver Ranger?

If they do change up everything, what happens to RoboKnight, who has yet to be introduced? Will they cut him out or make HIM the Silver Ranger for next season?

I really can't wait to see what they're up to. Putting 2 Sentai seasons in 1 PR-adaption of about 40 episodes isn't going to be easy. MMPR used 3 Sentai seasons and ended up with over 150 episodes...
Megaforce is only getting 20 episodes? Not at least 26? Which is a lot less than Goseiger had. But if it gets us the awesome Gokaiger stuff, I'm ok with that. All I really want is for them to do the Gosiger/Shinkenger crossover film as a special. That was a fantastic film.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #840
JabarR
Side-Kick

OK, this is for the 90s PR buffs out there:

Who were your fave PR stars from the 90s? (And the 90s only)

Mine are:

Mighty Morphin

Austin St. John - Jason
Jason David Frank - Tommy (Green Ranger only)
Walter Emanuel Jones - Zack
David Yost - Billy
Thuy Trang - Trini (RIP)
Amy Jo Johnson - Kimberly

ZEO

Johnny Yong Bosch - Adam
Nakia Burrise - Tanya

In Space

Selwyn Ward - TJ
Roger Velasco - Carlos
Christopher Khayman Lee - Andros
Justin Nimmo - Zhane
Patricia Ja Lee - Cassie
Tracy Lynn Cruz - Ashley

Lost Galaxy

Cerina Vincent - Maya
Melody Perkins - Karone
Danny Slavin - Leo
Russell Lawrence - Mike
Reggie Rolle - Damon
Archie Kao - Kai

Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #841
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/show...16#post1076416

The Megaforce suits will be used in to Season 2(Power Ranger's Super Megaforce) but a photo has been leaked.

If you take a close look at the picture, you can see a guy wearing what look a LOT like GokaiGreen’s boots.

So speculation time. Will they use the Gokaiger team as an rival team? Or use the suits like in MMPR season 3 with the Kakuranger footage as the Alien ranger team?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #842
Czar Colossus
Side-Kick

It would probably make sense for the Ranger War to take place and for the Ranger Keys (with the power accessibility capabilities) to be scattered into space or across the Earth and the Pirate Rangers would be on a mission to collect this treasure. In the process the reluctant heroes would become true heroes; saving the Earth (why change it when it worked so well in Japan?).
BTW the 20th anniversary Samurai Megazord Import has arrived at Toys R Us. I got one yesterday. It is very nice!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #843
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
My favorite Zordon era villains are as followed.

Goldar:

Lord Zedd:

Astronema:

No love for Rita (and I like the Bandora name bette...):

I'd like to add Scorpina (even if her appearances were brief):

and I'm with you on Goldar and Zedd, Astronema's one of those characters where I remember them, but not exactly what they did---I need to refresh myself...

...with Netflix, I've kinda gotten reacquainted with the series.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #844
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think they will have to spotlight Gokaiger gimmick in its own season.

I mean its Pirates. You got tons of fun marketing potential there.

- CM Punk
Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #845
Czar Colossus
Side-Kick

Absolutely!
Who doesn't like Pirates?
Disney did great with them!
I hope Bandai America does justice to the toys; especially the gun and sword!

Old 03-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #846
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

A reminder for Power Rangers fans in the Kentucky area http://lexingtoncomiccon.com/

Old 03-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #847
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
No love for Rita (and I like the Bandora name bette...):

I'd like to add Scorpina (even if her appearances were brief):

and I'm with you on Goldar and Zedd, Astronema's one of those characters where I remember them, but not exactly what they did---I need to refresh myself...

...with Netflix, I've kinda gotten reacquainted with the series.
Zedd is my favorite, but only pre-marriage. Before the marriage he was this terrifying evil emperor who didn't accept any kind of failure, but after he married Rita he became waaaaay less terrifying. At times he was just plain goofy...

Same goes for Rita actually. I liked her in season 1, but after that, not so much.

Goldar was also a great villain. I loved his one on one fights with Tommy.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #848
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: Power Ranger's 4.0

I would definitely set up the "Pirate Rangers" as antagonists to the Mega Force Rangers in the second season.

I had mentioned before building them as a group of trouble teens that get chosen (by evil) to become the "Pirate Rangers" but they end up being anti-heroes instead...

I mean we haven't really seen a team of reluctant Rangers...it would be a refreshing take...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Old 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #849
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Zedd is my favorite, but only pre-marriage. Before the marriage he was this terrifying evil emperor who didn't accept any kind of failure, but after he married Rita he became waaaaay less terrifying. At times he was just plain goofy...

Same goes for Rita actually. I liked her in season 1, but after that, not so much.

Goldar was also a great villain. I loved his one on one fights with Tommy.
agreed...

Rita was always a tad goofy, but Zedd was a legit threat, but once they were married, they upped the ante of goofiness for those too.

Goldar was always awesome, and still has the best look of most of the villains...well, to me at least.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #850
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Just spent 4 months watching every single Power Rangers series from MMPR to Super Samurai. The best ones IMO was Time Force, In Space and SPD. I hated Jungle Fury and Lightspeed Rescue.

I've caught a few episodes of MegaForce. Not bad so far.

Closed Thread