The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #176
Benstamania
Shot first.

Default Re: February 20th - PlayStation 4 (?)

The Vita isn't going to catch Nintendo and the 3DS... The PS3 is outselling the 360 now because everyone already has a 360. Sony is more or less horrible with hand helds. They fooled me with the PSP...the fooled me with the Vita... I won't fall for it again.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #177
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

No since 08 around there world wide PS3 sales outdid the 360 it's not because of your reason maybe a bit because of that reason due to the great exclusives but its been doing well for a while. But for handhelds ya they are not as strong but not total failures at it.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #178
Benstamania
Shot first.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my PS3...but I often wish they'd just drop out of the hand held market and focus on home entertainment.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #179
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I think the problem with the Vita is that Sony is trying to make it into a portable PS3, which sounds cool, but really makes you debate whether you want an experience on a big TV in the comfort of your home, or a smaller but similar experience on the go.

I've heard it said before that the reason why Nintendo has been successful in all of its handhelds is because they design games separately for their handheld, as opposed to trying to port it down. You have some exceptions like the New Super Mario Bros games, but in terms of exclusives, there are reasons why games like Pokemon are still successful and have the power to sell whatever new handheld Nintendo throws out.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #180
Havok83
Side-Kick

I know with my PSP, I much preferred my time with games like LocoRocco and Patchwork Heroes than God of War and Metal Gear. I don't want a console experience on the handheld. I want smaller, quirky titles that I can pick up and go with little time investment.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #181
Doc Ock
1951-2014

The PSP was like a portable PS2 and the Vita is like a portable PS3 hehe. I do think Sony does better console wise and Nintendo does much better on the portable side than consoles these days IMO. The GBA was the Super Nintendo reincarnated and the DS/3DS library is filled with tons of gems.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #182
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Speaking of handhelds, here's the PSP/Vita video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #183
Havok83
Side-Kick

Man you beat me to it

Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #184
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Speaking of handhelds, here's the PSP/Vita video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Wow they did both together! I wonder if that means we will get a "teaser" for the PS4 tomorrow? It would maybe not show anything but just tease.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #185
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
The PSP was like a portable PS2 and the Vita is like a portable PS3 hehe. I do think Sony does better console wise and Nintendo does much better on the portable side than consoles these days IMO. The GBA was the Super Nintendo reincarnated and the DS/3DS library is filled with tons of gems.
Have you seen the up coming line up for the 3DS? I'm fairly sure it could be the only game system on the planet and I'd be content with what they have and what they're bringing out on it.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #186
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Have you seen the up coming line up for the 3DS? I'm fairly sure it could be the only game system on the planet and I'd be content with what they have and what they're bringing out on it.
Yes the 3DS is gonna be filled with fantastic stuff.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #187
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I know with my PSP, I much preferred my time with games like LocoRocco and Patchwork Heroes than God of War and Metal Gear. I don't want a console experience on the handheld. I want smaller, quirky titles that I can pick up and go with little time investment.
Yeah, this is a big reason why mobile gaming has been much more dominant these past couple of years. People enjoy them because they are smaller, yet much more addictive games.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the middle of Borderlands 2 right now and I would mind sitting in bed for a few hours and playing that for a whole night, but it just looks and feels better on a big TV and the experience is much more engrossing.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #188
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
I never gotten a console on launch, but I have to wonder, are they ever worth getting right away?

For me, I kinda feel like its better to take a wait and see approach and hear what others are saying before making a big purchase like that, just in case there are some bugs or something that needs to be worked out.
I got a launch Wii and it was broken, but Nintendo overnighted me a new console, so that wasn't horrible. I got an Xbox 360 on release, and while it did RRoD, it wasn't for 3-4 years. Now I have an old style 360 Elite that runs loud an dI can't tell if its dying on me already or not.

I dunno, I'm just not ready for the nex gen. They honestly have not milked the current gen, there is no need for new systems yet. Yeah, its all money, I'm not stupid, but its pretty annoying none the less. I cannot get excited for these enw consoles already. Coupling that with the idea that used games may become useless is just stupid. Again, I get that its money, but it honestly feels like a cheap move. I hope Sony doesn't pull that stuff with this console, sinc eI figure Xbox is already doing it.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #189
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Wow they did both together! I wonder if that means we will get a "teaser" for the PS4 tomorrow? It would maybe not show anything but just tease.
Video profiling the PSP Go tomorrow.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #190
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
I dunno, I'm just not ready for the nex gen. They honestly have not milked the current gen, there is no need for new systems yet. Yeah, its all money, I'm not stupid, but its pretty annoying none the less. I cannot get excited for these enw consoles already. Coupling that with the idea that used games may become useless is just stupid. Again, I get that its money, but it honestly feels like a cheap move. I hope Sony doesn't pull that stuff with this console, sinc eI figure Xbox is already doing it.
yes they have, especially on the 360. The games have peaked and are currently being held back by the current technology. The developers are more than ready to look forward and can finally do so

Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #191
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
I got a launch Wii and it was broken, but Nintendo overnighted me a new console, so that wasn't horrible. I got an Xbox 360 on release, and while it did RRoD, it wasn't for 3-4 years. Now I have an old style 360 Elite that runs loud an dI can't tell if its dying on me already or not.

You may not be, but most developers and gamers are. I know I am. And I was just listening to Adam Sessler say the same thing, (lucky guy is going to NY right now for the Sony thing) Usually past generations never lasted this long. It is time to move on. Things like the Last of Us really shows they are pushing the limits but it will be time very soon. And MS really needs to more so, the DVD format has been limited for a while. But looking at new engines like Unreal 4, I'd say we need to move forward with that. Also as Sweeny talked about what really is needed with new computing power of the next gen is more advanced AI. AI has been stagnant for a long time, most of this generation was more focused on network coding and graphics/physics.

There are many things as a gamer I want to see. It is time.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #192
Fading
>:(

Quote:
I think the problem with the Vita is that Sony is trying to make it into a portable PS3, which sounds cool, but really makes you debate whether you want an experience on a big TV in the comfort of your home, or a smaller but similar experience on the go.

I've heard it said before that the reason why Nintendo has been successful in all of its handhelds is because they design games separately for their handheld, as opposed to trying to port it down. You have some exceptions like the New Super Mario Bros games, but in terms of exclusives, there are reasons why games like Pokemon are still successful and have the power to sell whatever new handheld Nintendo throws out.
That's how I am with portables. I got a PSP first, and was in love with the graphic level (for a handheld atleast). I ended up mainly playing older games, and using it for music, and surfing the web while playing my PS3. I rarely go on long trips. I'd occasionally play it during breaks at work, but most of the time I played it at home. The console-lite's just didn't do it for me considering I had a PS3 right there.

Nintendo on the other hand has quirky titles I can play in chunks. I can pop in Pokemon, or Scribblenauts, and play for 15 mins, or two hours. GOW on PSP, not so much. I ended up playing Castlevania SoTN, and a Sega collection on my PSP more than anything. Of course the opposite is true for consoles. Nintendo, IMO, doesn't offer the deep, rich full blown console treatment I get with a Playstation.

Vita, and 3DS are in similar states to their predecessors. Vita has very nice tech, but nothing I really want to play on a handheld that I can't get better on a console. While the technologically inferior 3DS has games that just feel right, and hook me considering it's a handheld experience. I think Sony would do themselves a lot of good if they quit treating their handhelds like full blown consoles.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #193
DCMarvelNews
Newbie First Class

I agree, games at E3 - tomorrow they'll just be showing off the hardware I think.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #194
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

What time is this Florida time tomorrow ?

Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #195
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

It's 6pm EST I believe.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #196
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
What time is this Florida time tomorrow ?
6pm ET

Old 02-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #197
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

I think games will pretty much be the same deal as the Vita reveal. A sizzle reveal that shows the likes of MotorStorm, Killzone and new IP without naming anything, Killzone 4 will serve as a tech demo (without being called Killzone 4), and 3rd parties may mention a franchise is coming to PS4 when talking about development.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #198
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:

Yeah, I usually like to wait a while before getting a new console/handheld. I had a Wii back in 2007, and I got it mostly because I fell for the motion gimmick. I was a Nintendo fanboy so I trusted them to deliver, but after a while, I started to regret it, especially after I saw my brother's PS3. I finally got a PS3 in 2010 and one of he best things was that there were a bunch of older games that I never had a chance to play because they weren't the kind of games my brother was into. It was great to have so much available at the moment, as opposed to buying at launch and having to wait months/years for more great games to come out.

I would love to have a Vita, but that's the same issue I see my brother having. I know there's some great games out there, but every few months I hear him talk about the next "big" game that he's waiting for, only to hear he's disappointed by it. It's things like that that make me hesistant to jump on right away because I don't wait to commit to something that's just going to be sitting there for months while I wait for something to make it worthwhile, especially since I can't really afford to buy games now the same way I used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
That's how I am with portables. I got a PSP first, and was in love with the graphic level (for a handheld atleast). I ended up mainly playing older games, and using it for music, and surfing the web while playing my PS3. I rarely go on long trips. I'd occasionally play it during breaks at work, but most of the time I played it at home. The console-lite's just didn't do it for me considering I had a PS3 right there.

Nintendo on the other hand has quirky titles I can play in chunks. I can pop in Pokemon, or Scribblenauts, and play for 15 mins, or two hours. GOW on PSP, not so much. I ended up playing Castlevania SoTN, and a Sega collection on my PSP more than anything. Of course the opposite is true for consoles. Nintendo, IMO, doesn't offer the deep, rich full blown console treatment I get with a Playstation.

Vita, and 3DS are in similar states to their predecessors. Vita has very nice tech, but nothing I really want to play on a handheld that I can't get better on a console. While the technologically inferior 3DS has games that just feel right, and hook me considering it's a handheld experience. I think Sony would do themselves a lot of good if they quit treating their handhelds like full blown consoles.
Yeah, I think in theory, the idea of a console on the go is awesome, up until you realize what makes the console experience what it is. I definitely think the Vita could be a great handheld on its own, but it still seems like its in between trying to be a handheld and a console. I think a lot of the expectations were that you'd be able to play games like Call of Duty on your PS3 against people playing on the Vita and it would be seamless. I think Need For Speed Most Wanted has been the closest game to copying the console version onto the Vita, but for the most part, Sony hasn't been able to capture the same experience with its games, as was seen with Golden Abyss and AC: Liberation, where they were okay, but not as great as the console versions. I think Sony just needs to understand that the Vita has limits and they need to work within those limits like Nintendo has done with the DS/3DS.

Of course, I still think the saving grace of the Vita will be the PS4 if they reveal that they were made to work with each other.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #199
LuisTX85
Z

Will the event be streamed live some where?

Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #200
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Will the event be streamed live some where?
Yes several sites are going to be streaming supposedly.